My wife and I stayed 4 nights in late April and couldn't have asked for a better experience. We were looking for a quiet, relaxing, luxury, all-inclusive vacation away from work & kids and got exactly what we were looking for. From the moment we stepped on the property, the service was impeccable. We were told that they were only at 30% occupancy and at times it seemed like we had our own wait staff making sure that every detail was taken care of. Whether we were at the pool, eating at one of the restaurants or bars, there were several staff there to make sure you had everything you needed. At one point we were laughing because the service was so good to the point that it was almost over done. We definitely got the feeling like we were being waited on "hand and foot".
The room was large and probably one of the nicest we have ever stayed in. Very nice bathroom with large shower and jacuzzi tub, quality linens, stocked mini bar and a view to die for. Not to mention, waking up to fresh coffee, pastries & fruit each morning. Perfect!
The food was good, but somewhat limited when we were there. However, my understanding is that more options have opened since we left. Some of the dishes were excellent...especially the Ceviche at Dos Mares. For our length of stay (4 nights) there was enough selection and relatively good quality for an all inclusive. We tried the upscale, fine dining restaurant (Canto Del Mar) the first night. The food was good, but French is just not our cup of tea so we mostly ate at Vista Bellenas for dinner. We were mostly satisfied with our meals there. We also tried the Japanese place at the Dreams resort (included), which was just OK.
Some of the other reviews complained about the lack of activities. However, we found that there was plenty going on each day. There was an event guy who organized wine tastings, tequila tastings (my favorite), beach volleyball, "bar hopping" trips to the bars in Cabo, etc. There was also live music each evening at the main bar.
Overall, it was relatively low key...this is not the place to stay if you are looking to party and get wild in the pool all day with a bunch of college kids. It is an ideal resort for couples looking to relax and unwind in a beautiful and serene setting. As some of the other reviews have pointed out, there are probably some things that can improve, but we would not hesitate going back and we hope to soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury(R) for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Marquis Los Cabos, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Expedia, Prestigia, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo