Hubby and I just got back 7-28-12 after a very relaxing week at this resort...and my but...is just that, nothing but relaxing to do at this resort. Don't get me wrong, we love to relax and get away from it all, but when we get ready to break the monotony and see a show, or participate in some fun activity or look forward to a planned event at night besides karaoke or casino nite, it would have been nice to have that offered by the resort. Please don't misunderstand me, this is a very nice resort, I've been to a lot of resorts and I have never seen a more breathtaking infinity pool. I uploaded a photo of it of 1 of the 2 infinity pools. It literally looked like it spilled into the pacific ocean. BTW, the part of the pacific ocean that this resort rests on is absolutely amazing and dangerous at the same time. So dangerous in fact, that they do not allow swimming in it. But for us, as long as we are near and can smell and hear the ocean, we are not bothered by not being able to get in. But, if getting in is your thing, there are areas further up the beach that are calm enough for getting in. The service poolside was wonderful. The waiters were very attentive and you definately felt pampered. Also, realize that the hotel was around 50-60% full all week, so I can only hope that the service is the same when they are at full capacity. Now to the food...for us it was just OK. In fairness and to help you put things in perspective about our opinion of the food...we do not eat beef nor pork, which limits what we can try. I heard from other guests that the steak in the french restaurant was good, but the seafood and the rest of the food that we had was just OK. They go out of their way to make the meals and the experience fancy and high end (which is all well and good), but I would much rather have delicious food. My only other complaints about the food was that the service in all of the restaurants (there were 4, with only 3 opened each night), the service was just toooooo slow. As I said earlier, the resort was at around 1/2 capacity, so we never understood why the service was at a snails pace. I shudder to think about how it would have been if there were more guests at the resort. Maybe they would have had more help, I don't know. Room service was much faster than going to the restaurant getting the food yourself, which is what we did a lot and it was usually good. The rooms are nicely decorated and the bed, while on the hard side, was comfortable for us. The bathrooms were comfortable and nicely decorated (very modern). Housekeeping was very good, thorough and consistent. While we were there, we were told that they were working on opening a Japanese restaurant later this year, as well as a disco (which will provide a little more entertainment). Overall, we had a wonderful time in Cabo. The infrastructure there is a lot better than most Mexican towns that we have visited and we felt very safe there (even riding the public bus, which was 17 pesos (thats less than $2), rather than a $20-$25 cab ride for 20 minutes into Cabo San Lucas). Once this resort steps up the restaurants and the entertainment, it will go from very good to excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury(R) for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Marquis Los Cabos, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo