“Wonderful hotel, wonderful trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa

Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
chicgao
“Wonderful hotel, wonderful trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

First I have to say, my wife and I are still laughing at some of the negative reviews we read prior to going.

My wife and I go try to go away for our anniversary every year. This year we chose Cabo and the Secrets Marquis. As it kept getting closer and reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor, we almost changed to a different hotel.

We had an amazing time. We knew not to expect a Four Seasons, although the service does come close. The food was great. For breakfast you can eat off a buffet or order from a menu. Lunch at pool or many of the restaurants are open for lunch service. Nice variety for dinner. The food is very good and the presentation is amazing. If you want something that is not on the menu, just ask and the server will do his or her best to get it for you. You also have the opportunity to dine at Zoetry and Dreams if you so desire. We ate at Zoetry, and it was so nice. We found it great to have that opportunity if we ever wanted to stay at Zoetry.

The rooms are exactly as expected. Very, Very nice and comfortable. The view is to die for. We were in 430. Center direct ocean front. The hotel seems to be closer to the ocean than many others we saw, so your distance from the ocean is almost a stone throw.

The hotel itself is gorgeous. Kept up and meticulously clean. There is another restaurant and club opening and the hotel staff does a great job keeping the work private and does not interrupt your stay.

Entertainment is not really not present. Yes there is a Mexican fiesta night and a beach party, but if you are looking for entertainment, this is not the place.

Pools are fantastic! Infinity! We sat at the edge for hours and read. Big deal about ocean not being swim able. If folks did their research they would realize that most of Cabo is not. Even the cove at the Hilton seemed pretty rough.

Service was amazing. Some people to know about, noe, vanlia, Erich and hector at pool, Claudia, just to name a few.

Black flies, from what we heard from others were a problem all over Cabo a few weeks back.

We had a safe issue and the hotel made it all good and took care of us and the issue.

We have stayed at many Four Seasons and other 5 star properties around the world, and while this may not be a 5 star, it is almost as good. Looking forward to many more visits.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank dogsammybammy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

I booked it because it was a new property and no construction on either side. The location was near all the upper end hotels. When we pulled up to the open air lobby I was blown away. Spectacular is the only thing I can say.The service was GREAT..I did not sign up for the romance package due to our budget. We told them it was our honeymoon. When we got to our room they had compted us the package. That quick like magic. Rose petals everywhere on bed. 10 minutes later a bottle of champagne on ice and two glasses arrived.Everynight while we were out to dinner we arrived back at our room to a candle lit bath with rose petals on bed and in bath and a swanky dessert for two layed out on the table We also had a little cubby that was acsesed from the outside of our room. Every morn we would get coffe,pastries and fruit. On every floor there were nice pieces of art and sculpture. The infinity pool was the best I have even been it. The big Bonus was there were only 3 to 4 other couples in the hotel. I think it is a dreams resort now so it may not be as luxurious. It was heaven for us.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kymberlane
Ensenada, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

The Best all inclusive, a real luxury resort, with the Staff a 100% to your service, food, drinks and pool "Excellent".What a beautiful resort. Everything was amazing. The service the food was beyond my expectations. It is an adults only resort . The beach is great for long walks. The pools are amazing.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LuisEPerez
Vancouver, B.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. This was the perfect place. It was one of the first times away with no kids, so we really liked the "adults only". What a beautiful resort. Everything was amazing. The service was beyond my expectations. The cold towels on arrival, and at the pool were a special treat. I would highly recommend this place, if you really want to relax, and do nothing. It was very quiet with nothing to do but lay on the lounge chair with my book. The evenings are very quiet as well, and after dinner there is no entertainment which was fine for us, as we were just there to relax and do nothing. It was all couples, some were honeymooners, but mostly milestone anniversaries 10, 15 and 20 years.
If you are looking to party, this is NOT the resort for you. If you want a quiet romantic holiday with great service, this is the place to go.
My only negative comment has nothing to do with the resort at all, but it was that we could not swim in the ocean, but I knew that before we arrived, so I was not disappointed. The beach is great for long walks. The pools are amazing, and spent most of my time in between them and my lounge chair.
The guacamole and chips are the best, and the ceviche I had everyday. It was so fresh.
I would definately come back to this resort for another relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: All rooms have oceanview.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank LongToedMouse
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

This hotel really knows how to pamper you. Service is 24/7 and with a smile. The staff has been well trained and make sure that you're happy. (We tipped after every service but I also noticed that their demeanor didn't change whether you tipped or not...very refreshing)

The only complaint that I would have is that this hotel "nickle & dimes" you. For the amount we paid, you wouldn't expect to pay $15./day for internet, $25./hr for a late checkout or $169. for a 1 hour message!! The package did come with a $200. voucher but it was full of 10-40% discounts.

Secrets should definitely look at better ways of enticing their guests to use the spa or other excursions. I know that this is a business but people really don't appreciate being gauged.

Other than that, the negative reviews that we read before going seem to be from very picky or petty guests.(and we as seasoned travelers)

Room Tip: Every room is good with a beautiful view.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Steve U
Goodyear, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

My husband and I planned a mini-honeymoon at the last minute to this resort. We've stayed at Secrets Maroma Beach twice in the past 2 years and have had a phenomenal experience. Based on the reviews of Secrets Marquis I reviewed before booking, I expected it to be smaller, quieter and not as great as Maroma Beach. I was right.

The service was very good - everyone is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are typical of what you'd see at other all-inclusives or at other Secrets properties. Our biggest complaint was the lack of quality restaurants and food available. While we were never wowed with the food at Secrets Maroma (you can only expect so much from an all-inclusive), Secrets Marquis only had a handful of restaurants to select from, and the menu options were pretty limited. Even the breakfast buffet was small, limited and unimpressive.

While we enjoyed our time relaxing by the pool and getting our sun, I would not come back to this property nor would I recommend it to others. If I ever came back to Cabo again, I would spend the extra money to stay at a place like Esperanza.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Erica F
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Secrets Marquis from August 25th to September1st. What a beautiful resort. Everything was amazing. The service the food was beyond my expectations. It is an adults only resort and believe me you do not miss the kids. We had never been to Cabo before and this was one of the best vacations ever. You can not swim in the ocean but the pools make you feel like you are. The dinners at the poolside looking out onto the water were amazing, you do not need the dinner on the beach with this.

Room Tip: All of the rooms face the ocean so everyone has an ocean view. But the beds are quite hard.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
#7 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,285 reviews
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#10 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,887 reviews
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#4 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,890 reviews

Been to Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!