First I have to say, my wife and I are still laughing at some of the negative reviews we read prior to going.
My wife and I go try to go away for our anniversary every year. This year we chose Cabo and the Secrets Marquis. As it kept getting closer and reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor, we almost changed to a different hotel.
We had an amazing time. We knew not to expect a Four Seasons, although the service does come close. The food was great. For breakfast you can eat off a buffet or order from a menu. Lunch at pool or many of the restaurants are open for lunch service. Nice variety for dinner. The food is very good and the presentation is amazing. If you want something that is not on the menu, just ask and the server will do his or her best to get it for you. You also have the opportunity to dine at Zoetry and Dreams if you so desire. We ate at Zoetry, and it was so nice. We found it great to have that opportunity if we ever wanted to stay at Zoetry.
The rooms are exactly as expected. Very, Very nice and comfortable. The view is to die for. We were in 430. Center direct ocean front. The hotel seems to be closer to the ocean than many others we saw, so your distance from the ocean is almost a stone throw.
The hotel itself is gorgeous. Kept up and meticulously clean. There is another restaurant and club opening and the hotel staff does a great job keeping the work private and does not interrupt your stay.
Entertainment is not really not present. Yes there is a Mexican fiesta night and a beach party, but if you are looking for entertainment, this is not the place.
Pools are fantastic! Infinity! We sat at the edge for hours and read. Big deal about ocean not being swim able. If folks did their research they would realize that most of Cabo is not. Even the cove at the Hilton seemed pretty rough.
Service was amazing. Some people to know about, noe, vanlia, Erich and hector at pool, Claudia, just to name a few.
Black flies, from what we heard from others were a problem all over Cabo a few weeks back.
We had a safe issue and the hotel made it all good and took care of us and the issue.
We have stayed at many Four Seasons and other 5 star properties around the world, and while this may not be a 5 star, it is almost as good. Looking forward to many more visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury(R) for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Marquis Los Cabos, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp and Travelbag so you can book your Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo