“Relaxing and mind free”

Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I spent 5 days in this resort with more than hundred friends and family to attend a wedding. It was one of the most memorable of my vacations. I am not sure if I can survive 5 days just as a couple in this resort, there is really not much to do except lie by the pool, eat and drink and walk on the beach. For everything else you need to arrange a ride to Los Cabos which can be costly since it is a 20 minutes ride. There are 3 restaurants on the resort so that can get boring and you want to try something else. The rooms are very nice and all have great ocean view. The infinity pools are marvelous. this is an all inclusive resort.

Room Tip: try to get a room from 3rd floor up.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,029)

Reviewed 30 November 2012

My wife and I originally booked our vacation at Dreams but were moved to Secrets as it was overbooked. Secrets is a beautiful resort always with a nice breeze off the Sea of Cortez. Our room was spacious and very clean with a jacuzzi tub and ocean view. The service was amazing at all the restaraunts and around the pools. I want to personally thank David Talavera, the front desk manager, who looked after us when there was a problem with our reservation made by Dreams two days before our departure. We would suggest some live music though for dancing and perhaps a piano bar.

Room Tip: All are ocean view.
Reviewed 30 November 2012

This place was amazing, but the employees made the stay even better. The rooms were amazing and the food was as well. We had a honeymoon suite and I really did not want to leave the room especially since I had 24 hour room service!!!! There was really no nightlife at the hotel but with a 5-10 minute ride into town you can get all of the noise you want.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank IAmToneINT
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I must say that I was blown away with my vacation. I'm always a bit leery to trust other reviews since we all have different opinions. But, for me, this was as good as it gets. My wife and I had an amazing and relaxing time.

I was most concerned about the food but it was another pleasant surprise. I'm a bit of a food snob and I have eaten at some of the best restaurants in the world. You are not going to get world class food at an all-inclusive. That's just a fact. But what we got here was good quality and well-prepared food. Even the buffets were good. Surprisingly so.

The movies they showed on the huge projector along with Monday Night Football and cocktails was awesome and very unexpected.

The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Not because they had to be. Because it was genuine. So attentive and gracious. I didn't want to leave.

Spice was actually very good. Our chef, Jaime was a treat. Great sense of humor and personality. And the Teppan table was a great touch. You have to make a reservation for the table, but not the restaurant. And if you want to know a secret, half the people didn't show up to their reservation so you can always double check to see if there is space open.

I's also recommend making sure you get an activities list every day. It will help to figure out what's going on every day.

The rooms were awesome. The only issue was that the toilet and shower were a bit close and there wasn't a real door on it. So, one of us had to go out onto the balcony every time someone needed to use it.

And the room service cubby holes were great. We had coffee and fruit delivered first thing every morning.

I get that some people have bad experiences but ours was nothing short of amazing. Every part of it. Feel free to ask me questions if I missed something. We are already planning a trip back for next year...

Room Tip: Every room is good...
3  Thank matt b
Reviewed 28 November 2012

to start off..it is my 3th time at a secrets resorts! it does not compare to secrets maroma beach.The view is a amazing and the pools are awsome.The service was ok and the food not quite to par with secret chains! Their menus are limited and their is no real buffet to eat at for lunch and dinner! the rooms are beautiful and spacious with a great view but the beds are too hard! i did not sleep for a week! The pools are should be heated,i would think twice to jump in!The grounds are well kept and the ocean is really rough! the spa was nothing to right home too,al in all it was a nice vacation but the resort needs to improve!

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean view!
2  Thank gloria96
Reviewed 27 November 2012

This was my first time to Secrets. Overall had quite a wonderful stay. The rooms are generously appointed and very clean! The staff for the most part is quite on the ball, though I will have to say the service at the pool can be hit or miss. We had 2 days where getting a waiter to serve you was a little bit difficult unless you were holding a tip in your hand. The aspect about the AM Resorts brand I like is that at their higher end all-inclusive resort it entails Unlimited-Luxury which includes all gratuities. So feeling that I had to tip to receive better service was a little annoying. That was really my only complaint. The resort is very well kept and there are nice options for eats and drinks. I would certainly not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2012

It was one of our most amazing vacations recently. The property has the most amazing views, great food for an all inclusive property and the staff was there for our every need! This property is the perfect place to go and get away from everything, relax and lay low. Very clean and it is clear their staff like working at this resort! They are clearly not fully up to the standard of other Secrets resorts, but with some more time they should be there. Honestly it was hard to leave this vacation and head back home, but we look forward to returning!
PS-the new mattress in our room was very firm and uncomfortable for me with my bad back.

Room Tip: Most rooms on floors 3 and up have amazing ocean views! Room 327 was perfect for us, it was tucked a...