My wife and I escaped to Secrets Marquis for a 5 day vacation. We checked in relatively fast and were given an overview of the grounds and facilities by Susana. Here was the main item I would improve at the resort, because next we were thrown a low pressure pitch to attend the time share meeting at Dreams. I would rather not have the pitch, but because it was low key and short there's no harm done.
We were also given a voucher book that essentially discounts some resort services. It's not at all straight forward, so pay attention to the instructions and keep the paper that outlines how to use the coupons. These were the only two resort controlled negatives, and the only items I would urge the resort to improve.
The room was large, comfy, and well furnished. The mini bar was stocked with soda, water, and beer and our fourth floor balcony had a stunning view of the ocean. The shore break at Secrets is severe, you don't want to swim in it, but it makes for a spectacular backdrop. White water crashes on the shore in huge explosions of foam and looks like something out of a romance novel. My wife and I enjoyed sitting on the balcony and just watching the ocean. I love to go in the ocean, but I'll trade the swimming for that ambiance any day.
The pools, restaurants, bars, and staff are all fantastic. In particular, the activities staff of David, Ferr, Fernando, Miguel, and Denise were awesome. They made me feel welcome everywhere I went and I can't say enough about them. The room service staff and our housekeeper, Erika, were also outstanding. You cannot pay someone enough or train them to do the little things to make the experience better, sometimes they just have to know to do the right thing. Erika is one of those rare people that does the little things and makes the day better.
We had a great time a Secrets and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an escape. We're hoping to return sometime soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury(R) for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Marquis Los Cabos, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo