“" It is my Pleasure"”

Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Naperville, Illinois
“" It is my Pleasure"”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

"It is my pleasure". This phrase was repeated to us many times a day. I love it. Anything you asked for whether it was another cup of coffee or a fresh hot pot in your room. The staff is unbelievable! We were traveling with a few couples. One of the women wondered if the staff was going to start carrying us around on pillows.Our room was perfect. Roomy comfortable and a view to die for. The bathroom situation with an open wall is the only negative, but we got used to it.
The restaurants and food did not disappoint. We all thought it was delicious at all the restaurants.The resort is on the smaller side and we really loved that about it. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: We had a Junior Suite on the fourth floor. It was great!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was there over the Christmas holidays for a romantic vacation with my boyfriend, and paid a premium due to it being the high season. We paid extra to get our baggage out first and through the Sunwing package (which I will never book with again) put us on a shuttle bus which takes us to the hotel, then asked us to wait 45 minutes for the next plane load of people to arrive before leaving the airport. The people that were on the same plane as us got to board much earlier departing shuttles. We just didn't get it. At the hotel, the service was definitely sub par. It took 4 days of complaining to get clean cups to our room to drink coffee in the morning, we waited to be seated in a restaurant which had several tables available - poor organization/management, paid for internet in our room that was so spotty that I couldn't face time my family properly on Christmas day, and the food wasn't as good if compared to other all inclusive resorts that I have been to. Accommodation: our first room was a suite on the corner and we could hear the highway from our room - the resort backs onto the main highway - so be mindful of that when you book. We decided to switch to a room in the middle of the building which was a better location but unfortunately was a double bed room. Not very romantic and not the 5 star treatment I was expecting. Good points: the lobby is stunning. Room decor is actually quite nice. Views from the rooms are all ocean front. The Italian restaurant outdoor patio is very nice. Would I ever stay here again? Honestly..for the price equated to my experience..NO.

Room Tip: You can hear the highway from the corner suites, so I would recommend the inside suites, as they are...
4 Thank Sasha M
Arkansas
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Having lived in Los Cabos (Pedregal) ten years ago, it wasn't hard to return and to choose one of favorite resorts. (others include, Casa del Mar, Las Ventanas & Palmilla's One & Only). We knew this hotel when it first opened as a high-end venue, so it was a pleasure to find that AMR Resorts and it's Secrets brand was carrying on a first class tradtion and did not disappoint. (TA reviews didn't hurt either)
As the vast majority of guests and Trip Advisor Reviewers will atest, you will truly enjoy this slice of Los Cabos for all she has to offer. From the dramatic and unique lobby entrance, panoramic Sea of Cortez ocean view rooms, to her always welcoming staff, all of whom will greet you with con mucho gusto 'with much pleasure', you will feel like you have found your topical paradise.
Yes you can count on premium liquors, gourmet food, with 'feast for the eyes' presentations, (this Resort has won a number of prestigeous food awards) all thanks to the ever present and watchful eye of Food & Beverage Director, Cesar Castillo. Also making sure all your needs are easily granted, Head Concierge, Vania Castro. Final compliments must go to Ankara Angulo, Secrets Marquis' General Manager, who brings all the elements of this beautiful resort and her staff together to provide and unforgettable vacation experience.
The four of us left after six days, kissed by the the Cabo sun, feeling the warmth and hospitality we encountered by this lovely resort and her gracious staff. Muchias Gracias Secrets Marquis - we will return again, it will be our pleasure!

Room Tip: 3rd floor and above on the right facing the ocean, but not right at the very end. Or 2nd floor Casit...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank ChipsW
Ankara A, General Manager at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us and your fellow travelers. The pleasure was all ours! We are honored that having lived in Los Cabos and experienced the destination’s finest resorts, you chose Secrets Marquis Los Cabos for your six-day return to paradise. It is our ongoing goal to provide our guests with unforgettable first-class vacation experiences and it makes us very happy that you and your party enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation. It was truly a privilege for my team and myself to welcome you to our Resort and to pamper your taste buds in our award-winning food and beverage outlets. May the memories of our Cabo sunshine and warmth of our staff last until your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Muchas gracias!
Hildreth, Nebraska
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Just returned from Cabo 2 days ago and I can't say I'm happy to be back! I never wanted to leave this resort. The entertainment staff was awesome! Shout out to Ferr who got to know my husband and I and was usually always present for our activities. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was really good and our room was amazing. We also had massages in the spa and I wish they would never have ended. I'm not sure what happened with the people who left negative reviews but I couldn't find anything to complain about.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was there for NYE with 9 other friends, and we all had an awesome time. The hotel and pools are beautiful, and the views of the ocean from the rooms were an awesome way to wake up. They even brought coffee and rolls to the room every morning, so I could have coffee and watch the sunrise from our balcony. We played volleyball, did salsa lessons, and had an all around good time. The staff couldn't have been friendlier...particularly Miguel and Miguel. We had lots of laughs with them! The food was good and have I already mentioned the views? I'd definitely recommend this spot for a classy all-inclusive. I'll probably be coming back with the same group again!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are ocean view...can't go wrong!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Bay Area California
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Just returned from Cabo on January 3rd. Resort is beautiful. Very clean and nicely decorated. Staff is amazing. Food is above average, but we have stayed at other All Inclusive resorts and the food has been much better. Secrets LC seemed to appeal to the masses.

As many have stated it is very quiet. The ambiance in the night time bar could be amped up just a bit. We are 45-50 and it was very dull even for us. Don't always want to catch a cab to go into town.

Walks on the beach are the best part. You can go for hours in either direction. So clean and very few vendors.

Room Tip: We had an Ocean View on 2nd floor. Ours had an amazing view straight out and to the right, but a li...
1 Thank Sushi03
Tybee Island, Georgia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We had a great time. The staff was wonderful, the food was very good and the entertainment team was super fun. Fernando, Denise and Ferr kept us busy with everything from volleyball to blackjack . Great place to spend our anniversary.

Room Tip: The 4th floor had a fabulous view. We could whale watch from our balcony.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
#2 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,127 reviews
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,074 reviews
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!