“Excellent location and staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa

Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
des moines
“Excellent location and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

I'm not even sure where to start with how tremendous this place is and how awesome the staff is.

Check in: if there's a better lobby in mexico to drive up into I'd be shocked. Great open view to the ocean, staff QUICKLY gets you checked in and to your room. Victor at the front desk...very helpful. Noe at the concierge desk was great helping with reserving a couple excursions.

Rooms: definitely worth it to get ocean FRONT rooms. Can see sunrise and sunset everyday. Ocean view is set back a bit and you'll miss sunsets. Doesnt appear to be worth it for private casitas....not all that private. Staff does great job cleaning, turndown service and you can call the lobby and have a breakfast tray and not coffee waiting for you in the morning when you wake up at a time you want. (They put it in cubby hole attached to your room).

Food: very good. Many all inclusives are chicken and rice over and over at a buffet with a few restaurants. This is not like that. All are restaurants and grills (morning breakfast has a buffet that's delicious)

Staff: far and away the best part. They are always a step ahead. Waiters don't just take your order, serve your food, and done ....they see sun on you they drag over shade, I saw one waiter drag a lounge chair partly into shallow water so he could walk on top of it to not get wet to bring a lady a drink so she didn't have to get out. Playing volleyball a waiter just proactively brought out a case of bottled water for us. On and on...
Special note how great the photography girls were. Tania took us out for pictures for 30 minutes, got some great pics and helped me with my proposal on the beach...they are great. Beautiful place..highly recommend getting some professional pictures with Tania when you are there.

Only cons I can think of:
Great shows but not much goes on after 10pm, few bars that are more casual lounges. However they do make two trips a week into Cabo for a pub crawl.
Affordable wifi would be nice for an upscale place. But they do have a business center for free you can check mail, Facebook, etc
No swimup bar but honestly staff is great about getting everyone served anyway.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cyclone24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Secrets is located in a perfect
Location
From the minute you arrive
The architecture and statues are amazing! The staff, the rooms, the food, the entire
Hotel is perfect! Treat yourself to a heavenly experience

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank oliverflorsheim
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is the first review I've written on here. The resort was spotless. Staff amazing. There was one server by the pool who needed an attitude adjustment. But out of all of the staff we encountered the whole week, he was the only unpleasant one. Armando at the pool made our week. Funny. Great service. Never stopped for a second.

Views are spectacular. Watched the sunrise every morning with my cup of coffee. Wish I knew it was there. Didn't find it until another guest told me on day 3.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding we attended. It's such a great place. Nacho at the pool bar and Hannibal at the main bar were awesome. So attentive to all our needs. Our fridge went out the 2nd day we were there. Not a huge deal and they replaced it within the hour of us reporting it. We had an ocean view from our room and watched the sun rise everyday, You could see the whales also from our room. The staff were all kind and courteous! I know we will be coming back that's for sure!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bridgette629
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

My first review I have ever written in my life. I don't know where to start. I should have listened to the negative reviews because they are all 100% correct. The hotel looks like an old Holiday inn with a name change. The grounds are sort of dirty and unkept and look like a college frat house hang out. The place smells like lacquer thinner, paint & other smells I can't recognize all at once. The rooms are old and the beds are as hard as a rock as if there is not a mattress!! The internet barely works if u stand in the right spot:) Let's now talk about the all inclusive which we ordered everything on the menu and I promise you nothing was edible unless I was feeding it to my dog Byblos and then even then I'd probably feel bad. All this at a price tag of $1200 a night for there best casita room. Do your self a favor and if your looking for a nice enjoyable vacation do not come here read the reviews they are not lying as I should have!! Never again secrets marquis.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank Davidalexander5
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I'm a little late in writing this review. We went to Secrets Marquis for our honeymoon June 10-22. I can't say enough good things; this trip was AMAZING!!!!!! Much better then we could have imagined. We have never been anywhere so fabulous in our lives and we are so glad we went to Secrets Marquis. It was everything we were looking for and more. The place was beautiful; immaculate with high end finishings at every turn.
Every single person who worked there was smiling and went out of their way to make sure that we had anything that we could possibly want or need right away. They even moved the umbrellas around to make sure you were completely covered if you asked for a seat in the shade!!! The food was unbelievable. Unlike anything we've ever had at an all-inclusive. We felt like we were dining in a 5 star restaurant every single night. We planned to go out to dinner one or two nights because we figured we'd be sick of the food after such a long stay but we never got tired of the food. They didn't try to make dishes out of the same 15 ingredients like most other all-inclusives do. Everything was so fresh and delicious. Fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh fish, even great sushi which blew us away. We ate at Spice 3 times, we had ceviche almost every day and i think i got fish tacos at least 5 times. Even the room service food was great. We loved that they had champagne with breakfast every morning for mimosa and bloody marys too. They cleaned our room twice a day and gave us turn-down service every night. That secret door with the coffee, fruit and pastries was awesome. I'm not a morning person so i need my coffee as soon as i wake up and there it was, every morning. The resort was the perfect size, all the other guests were great, just our speed. I loved that they played relaxing music by the pool and we never had trouble getting a chair or towels. The views were unbelievable. The weather was absolutely perfect. It was a little cloudy and windy one day. My husband went fishing with 2 guys we met there and I went shopping in San Jose with their wives. Turns out we had booked our romantic dinner on the beach for that night. It was a little chilly and i might have eaten a little sand but it was still wonderful. The waiter was apologetic and was like "I don't know why the weather is so bad, it's so strange". It was still a beautiful day/night to us. The little cafe by the pool with fancy coffee drinks and pastries is fabulous too. We didn't discover this until 2 days before we left. One thing to be aware of, the internet there isn't secure at all. As soon as we paid for it and put the code in every person we had ever sent an email to ever (not just our address book, like thousands of people) got spam from us. That is probably the only bad thing i can say is that the internet sucks. But we were on our honeymoon, we really didn't need internet anyway.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view! not a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda V
Rimini, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Honestly speaking I'm not a fan of all-inclusive resorts, but decided to give a try to Secrets Marquis for my last holidays during NYE period. We stayed there for a week and I was nicely impressed!

It was my first time in Mexico and I didn't know exactly what to expect from this trip to Los Cabos but now I can say that I really enjoyed my stay, even 'cause I found this resort perfect for our needs.

When you arrive here you will be amazed by the huge open-air lobby and the breathtaking view. Check-in took us longer than expected, and that was a little bit annoying as we were super tired from our long flight and couldn't wait to head down to the pool and relax for the last sunny hours of the day.

Our room, located on the 5th floor, was really spacious, clean, with a huge bed and a nice bathroom with a lot of amenities. It took us a long walk to take the elevator as our room was at the end of the floor. I would suggest to ask for a room on the southern side of the resort for a closer view of the ocean. In our package we had complimentary wifi (which is not part of the AI) but I have to say that it didn't work so well. Anyway, if you need a computer/surf the web you can go to the Business Center.
Minibar is part of the all inclusive and is always stocked with sodas, beers, water etc. If your ask for your morning coffee you will find it everyday delivered to your room with some pastries, and it was so lovely to wake up and enjoy the view from our balcony with a nice cup of coffee (without necessarily having to go down for breakfast). We usually had breakfast later in the morning in one of the restaurants available (our favorite breakfast was at Vista Ballenas, with a superb location and a great choice of food, both from the buffet or a la carte menu).

Service throughout the resort was pretty good and attentive - wasn't expecting that from an AI resort - and everyone was nice and helpful. Some of the guys working here really do their best for the comfort of the guests.

Food was not bad at all, it tasted even better that some food I had in other 5* luxury resorts (not AI) around the world. We tried every restaurant, even the lovely, little French, and the Teppanyaki table at Spice (reservation needed for this one). No buffet here (I loved this), you can order as much food as you want from the menu, and everything comes well presented in little portions.
The choice of wines included in the AI plan is pretty limited, but if you want to splurge you can always choose a bottle from the cellar (w/ a surcharge).
Also found nice CoCo Cafè.. it's like having a little Starbucks inside the resort, where you can go during all day and grab a coffee/iced latte/snacks/etc..

Clientele during that time of the year was quite varied.. from young couples to older people, but seemed that the All Inclusive plan (with limitless drinks) attracts a lot of alcohol lovers, as the main topic of all the conversations by the pool was the amount of the alcohol in the cocktails.. Weird, but funny.. felt like being on a 20 years late spring break. Maybe due to my European roots I couldn't find all this excitement because of the free alcohol and never asked a double shot in my drinks, I just found the drinks ok (especially at the main bar upstairs).. sometimes the margaritas were a bit watery yes, but I used to go with the beers and mojitos (which I usually found very good) when laying by the pool, was not looking to get drunk in the early morning.. LOL.

As others already said, this is not a party hotel. If you want that kind of fun you should stay in Medano Beach or maybe rent a car and go to Cabo for some fun (as we did, had an amazing sunday at Nikki Beach). Anyway, during our evenings at the resort we enjoyed the atmosphere and the company of new friends we met while there so it was ok. In our week long stay there were a couple of nights (the Mexican one with mariachis was fun) organized by the resort with buffet by the pool, music and entertaining, but everything ended way before midnight, nothing "wild".
We had a really nice NYE dinner tho, we met some great people from around the world and had fun, kudos to the staff for the excellent organization.

I don't know if I ever get back to Baja California but I would definitely recommend Secrets Marquis to anyone planning to visit this beautiful part of Mexico.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean views. The better ones are those in the middle of the building, higher floors.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
#7 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,319 reviews
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#11 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,903 reviews
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#2 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!