“Group Incentive Trip to Los Cabos”

Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We brought 220 people on an incentive trip to the Secrets Marquis in Los Cabos. These people are still raving about what a wonderful trip & that's it's one of the best they've ever attended.

The Secrets Marquis is a BEAUTIFUL all-inclusive, adults-only resort. The rooms are spacious; the staff is outstanding and extremely friendly. The food & service are amazing! The facilities and amenities are exceptional. I can't think of enough great adjectives to describe this resort.

Thank you Secrets Marquis for a wonderful time and making my job so easy!

Room Tip: The 5th floor rooms have great views; however, the Honeymoon Suites have their own pools and are spa...

Reviewed 12 February 2014

When we first arrived, I thought the Secrets Marquis was going to be a good experience, the entrance was beautiful and the staff were helpful. The rooms were very nice also. My trouble began when we had breakfast. I didn't like the food very much at all and the drinks were pretty watered down. We were there with a large group that had booked the hotel, but after breakfast we didn't eat there again. I didn't find the beds to be as comfortable as I hoped.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PackedAndReady75
Ankara A, General Manager at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and your fellow travelers. We would have truly wished your entire stay with us were as pleasant as upon your arrival. We are pleased to know that you found our rooms very nice, the entrance beautiful and the staff helpful.
On the other hand, I am very sorry that our breakfast offer and drinks on your first day weren’t to your liking. Exceptional food and beverages are a crucial part of a Secrets Marquis experience and we would love to welcome you again one day hoping that our other restaurants would help us change your mind in this regard.
It’s also unfortunate that you didn’t find our beds “as comfortable and you hoped”. As a recommendation, I would like to suggest trying our Pillow Menu on your next visit. Our great selection of pillows can greatly improve sleep quality and offers a customized comfort level.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any details that may have negatively impacted your otherwise pleasant stay at Secrets Marquis Los Cabos. If there is anything I can do to help in making your next trip a perfect one, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
Kind Regards,
Ankara Angulo
Secrets Marquis Los Cabos

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We spent six days at Secrets Marquis from Jan 27 to Feb 2. The rooms are clean and have amazing views. Take advantage of the pillow menu. We enjoyed all of the restaurant which were all open every night and room service. There was a little nook in your room where fruits, danish and coffee were served each morning. The servers go out of their way to meet every need, even special requests. DO NOT MISS THE FISH TACOS. There were plentiful pool and beach chairs and servers would even bring umbrellas if you needed. The activity leaders were energetic and fun-there was water aerobics, people practicing scuba, ping-pong, bags, volleyball, a beach obstacle course challenge and others.The beach is large enough to go for long(beautiful) walks and runs. The sand is soft, but the water right in front not safe for swimming. (There is a swim area down the beach a medium walk.) We saw numerous whales (everyday) and even dolphins. The infinity pool is nice sized and comfortably warm with built in seats and amazing views. We were with a large group (Thanks Pfister) and we had a couple large dinners. The set up and tear down of a beautiful going away party was so efficient I am still in awe. We had a band that was the best I have heard in a foreign locale. We travel frequently and had no complaints. Special mention of Yolanda at the front desk for her friendly smile, sense of humor and tolerance of us, and also to Jorge, our every morning breakfast server, for going over and above each day starting us off with special oj or bloody Mary's. Gracias!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank whalegirl69
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Was I surprised! Came down here on a business reward trip and my usual perception for an "all inclusive resort" was dead wrong. Thinking they would focus on cheap drinks and margin quality, accommodations, and service. After being here a week I can say the resort is extremely well kept and clean. The service was outstanding and as good as I have ever experienced at any price. The food was a solid 7 by the pool and the breakfast buffet but easily an 8 to 9 at all the dinning restaurants. The alcohol was quality and served by people that were over the top on friendliness and warmth. Who ever hires and manages the employees is amazing. Again, I can't say enough about the quality of service and I am in the service business and the first to find fault. I would definitely recommend this place for couples, groups, and parties. Well done Secrets......well done!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a great all inclusive resort that can't get any closer to the beach, this...
2  Thank HFY
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This all-inclusive gem is wonderful! Adult-only property with spectacular views, beautifully appointed guest suites and casitas, premium drinks, above and beyond service and relaxation at its best. The multiple infinity pools have built-in stools and spectacular views of the beach and ocean. The food is absolutely the best I have ever experienced at an all-inclusive resort. The food presentation, even with room service orders is phenomenal.

The staff is numerous and extremely friendly and helpful. The go out of their way to insure that you are having a great time and that your every need is tended to.

I would highly recommend this property to anyone who prefers quality, comfort and a wide range of activities. Simply the best!!!

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean views, but ask for direct oceanfront and the higher floors are great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mdl955
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We are staying here right now for a week. Let me start by stating that many of the recent reviews are correct in that the resort is clean and the staff is friendly. That being said, here are my issues with this hotel:

1. For the 1st two nights, there was only one restaurant out of the 5 open. It was the Italian and the food was absolutely uneddible. I ordered the seafood pasta ( shrimp & scallops ) and they brought a bow-tie pasta with tomato sauce but no seafood. The manager stated that the seafood is ground up in the sauce!

2. The wine that is included is a choice of 3 reds from South America ( vintage 2013 ) and is not drinkable. They advertise: Your Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include all premium wines, beers and other top-shelf beverages. I guess a $5.00 bottle of Argentina wine is what they consider premium wine. After you decide that you can't drink the cheap, disgusting wine they include, they bring you a wine list for purchase where you can buy a bottle of Mondavi Coastal Cab ( a $9.00 wine at Costco ) for only $ 120.00!!!

3. The internet service is the worst I've ever encountered. When it works, it's slower that dial-up. The Hot-Spot provider stated that the hotel management is aware that the package they have purchased is not sufficient bandwidth to supply a hotel with over 300 rooms but that they have declined to upgrade the package. Average 2-5 min to load a page! Obv forget streaming anything.

On the bright side, the view is very pretty as it is in most hotels in Cabo. The pool service is excellent and the rooms are very nice and clean. Personally, I would never return to this property again as it does not offer the level of quality that I prefer. I have stayed at the two properties next door to Secrets, the Westin & the Hilton. They are not All Inclusive but offer very affordable rates and great quality food, beverage & amenities.

Gourmet Dining

Indulge in an expansive array of international cuisine. Choose from five á la carte gourmet restaurants and more – reservations are never required. Or sneak away for a romantic meal in your suite or on the beach. Your Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include all meals as well as top-shelf spirits.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 5th floor for the best view but go to far east or west ends as the music from the...
9  Thank bn8on

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Secrets Marquis Los Cabos. While I’m glad you enjoyed our service and rooms, I am deeply concerned with your food and beverage experience during your stay with us. It is unfortunate you did not have the opportunity to try our award-winning Canto del Mar Restaurant, which I am sure you would enjoy very much.
I really hope you do come back to stay with us again in the future and if you do I would like to recommend expanding your dining possibilities through our Sip, Savor & See Program. As part of the privileges of Unlimited-Luxury®, we're offering guests the chance to enjoy dinner and live evening entertainment at three other nearby resorts. This is a great option when some of our own F&B outlets are closed or simply to try different cuisine and wine selection.
As for the Internet connection, I’m sure you´ll be glad to hear that our new Unlimited Connectivity Program is underway and we hope to be able to offer all our guests a speedy connection throughout the resort.
We look forward to welcoming you again one day,
Kind Regards,
Ankara Angulo
Secrets Marquis Los Cabos

Reviewed 6 February 2014

From arrival to departure, it was the best 4 day/3 night stay I've ever had at an all inclusive. Clean rooms, well-maintained beautiful grounds, very pleasant staff, top-shelf liquor served, helpful concierge, nice food, cool pools, nice amenities - I can't say enough about this property.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 442 so you can see whales in distance, hear waves crashing when you sleep and sunri...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
#3 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences

Been to Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!