“My favourite all-inclusive luxury hotel in Mexico” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa

Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Australia
“My favourite all-inclusive luxury hotel in Mexico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Big call, but this has to be my all time favourite all-inclusive luxury hotel in the whole of Mexico. Working in the travel industry I have seen and stayed at a lot of different places throughout Mexico and I can definitely say that this is my favourite of all them.

I am not a fan of Los Cabos as a destination as I think there are so many better places that show off Mexican culture, however, I would return purely to stay at the Secrets Marquis which is saying a lot.

The staff are so helpful and friendly, even the lead in rooms are stunning and the food is amazing.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but the casitas would be my preference if you have the budget.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank NicolettaM123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

When arrived the hotel in a cab, there was security gate and checked if I was a hotel guest so no one else can get in (I like that).
The lobby is open space and comfortable. I was offered a glass of sparkling wine with a hot towel.
The room was ocean front and located in center of the hotel so the view was great.
The inside of the room was clean and it has many amenities such as a bottle of sunscreen, toothpaste, cozy slippers etc.
The gym is not so big and there are only three treadmills there.
I really enjoyed staying by the pool. The staff who worked by the pool is really professional and knows what good service is so I really felt comfortable every day. The staff named Adulberto was especially great. He is the best!
One thing I was not happy very well was the food. This is my second 'all inclusive' but the first one at a hotel in Cancun was better.
However, if you just want to get rest and enjoy drinks by the pool, you can have a great time with the great staff!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Piccola G
Leawood, KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I'm late in writing this review, as my husband and I traveled to the Secrets Marquis in late October, but I had to make sure to share how wonderful this resort is. We have stayed at many Mexican all-inclusive resorts, so we have learned what to expect or not have too high of expectations for. This resort exceeded all expectations we had!!

This resort is situated on The Corridor, maybe 20 minutes one way from the airport and 20 minutes the other way from downtown. The front of the resort was a little underwhelming, but once we stepped foot into the open air lobby and saw the pool and ocean views, we were breath-taken. The resort is not huge, but also not too small. It is easy to get around and it is beautifully designed (open, airy and nice Mexican feel) and kept clean.

We stayed on the 4th floor near one of the ends of the resort (room 471). If you stay on a lower level or in a room located in the middle of the resort, your ocean view could be blocked by the pool. Our room was very large, beautifully decorated, with a nice balcony. We went in celebration of our 10th Anniversary, which we had informed the hotel of before our arrival, and when we got to our room we had a "Happy Anniversary" banner on our door and had a bottle of champagne on ice waiting on us - a nice and personal touch!

The pool was beautiful and clean. I thought the water was a little cold, but that is something I have known to expect (very rarely do you find a heated pool). It was definitely warm weather when we were there, so my husband appreciated the refreshing pool. Nobody really used the beach, except to walk along, but the pool sits right on the beach so you feel like you are on the beach without having to deal with the sand. I've seen reviews where people complain that you can't get in the ocean, but that isn't the fault of the resorts - the water in Cabo is known to be unswimmable. For me, it was so neat to be laying by the pool and hear and see the waves crashing and get little sprays of the water. Warning: There are vendors that walk up and down the beach trying to get your attention to make a sale. Don't make eye contact with them and they won't pester you!

The best part of the resort...the FOOD!!! We never expect too much from the food at all-inclusive resorts. This resort was definitely the exception! Everything was really good! We really enjoyed the Sushi restaurant - the food on the regular menu even more than the tepynaki, actually. The Italian restaurant was our least favorite, but still good. We didn't think we would like the French restaurant, but it ended up being our favorite!! Had we not saved it for our last night, we would have definitely eaten there a second time. They brought us out a beautiful and delicious dessert at the end of our meal, with a candle and "Happy 10th Anniversary" written on it. So sweet!! Even more than our dinners, we really enjoyed our breakfasts and our lunches by the pool (the ceviche and flautas are amazing)! And beyond just the food, not having to wear the all-inclusive wrist band and not having to make dinner reservations is a very nice feature!!

I don't expect or need the cocktails to be super strong - afterall, they are free, so I can have as many as I want/need. My expectations lay more in the quality of service by the pool. Although resorts are all-inclusive, the servers truly appreciate a (small) tip, and it will definitely benefit you. We tipped our server, Eric, $5 on the first day and he made sure to hit us every order round he made Each morning, he greeted me by name and hand shake when I showed up to the pool and within 5 minutes he brought me my favorite drink without me even asking for one.

There were some day time activities - water aerobics, volleyball games, tequila tasting, etc. I do wish the music they played by the pool was a little more upbeat. I was there to relax, but the elevator music got a little monotonous. My only "complaint" (which isn't even a big enough deal that it would cause me to not go back to this resort), was the lack of night time activities. Although there are shows in the evening, they are small productions and there is no theater, so you just have to sit by the pool to watch them. There is one bar that stays open late, but they really don't have much going on in the evenings. They call it a Sports Bar, and some of them men were complaining about the coverage of sports games going on - again, nothing that bothered me. But I do wish they had some more fun activities going on at night so that you didn't feel like you had to leave the resort in the evenings.

Would we go back to this resort again - ABSOLUTELY! My husband and I are actually considering going to a Secrets resort in Cancun in May. Thanks to our travel agent for recommending this resort - it was an amazing vacation!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank lovethebeach06
Ankara A, General Manager at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Secrets Marquis Los Cabos. We are delighted and honored that you had chosen our beachfront resort to celebrate such milestone event as your 10th Anniversary and that you enjoyed the little personal touches we had prepared for you.
But it is even more gratifying to know that we were able to exceed your expectations and that, taking from your kind comments, you enjoyed your time with us to the fullest.
I’m glad you mention how “neat it is to be laying by the pool and hear and see the waves crashing” “without having to deal with the sand” because it is indeed a delightful feature of our resort.
It is also heart-warming to know how much you enjoyed our food. We realize that food should be one of the biggest highlights of a great vacation and hearing that it was indeed the case for you while at Secrets Marquis Los Cabos, makes us feel very proud.
You mention the water in the pool being “a little cold”. In order to satisfy our guests’ varying tastes and preferences, we keep one of our swimming pools unheated year round, while the other two are heated to an average of 82-86 °F during the cooler months of the year. It looks like maybe you picked the unheated pool during your October stay.
We look forward to welcoming you to our resort again in the near future and I’m sure you’ll be glad to know that we are constantly adding to our nighttime entertainment options so that you can enjoy your time with us day and night.
Kind Regards,
Ankara Angulo
Magnolia, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week for our honeymoon. I have traveled alot and all over. Secrets Marquis had unmatched service. The grounds are beautiful. The rooms are nicely appointed. From the moment you arrive you are treated as a very special guest. They think of everything! We had a honeymoon banner on our room door. Champagne in the room upon arrival. Turn down service. One evening we came back to our room to a hot bath with bubbles, candles and beautiful giant towel swans with rose petals all over. The pool is great for all day lounging. Before your cocktail is finished another is on the way. Poolside service was awesome as well! Lunch by the pool...endless cocktails. Try the spicy margarita. Sneaks up on ya after a few. Met some cool people too. Breakfast in our room was our fav. Lots of restaurant choices. The sushi place was our fav. Vanya is a resort manager and she was amazing! One of our new friends had a medical issue one day as she was with us all every step of the way. We could see whales in the mornings from our room. Sunrise and sunsets were gorgeous. Mostly peaceful except for one night when a younger group got way too rowdy at the downstairs bar until about 2 or 3 am. You can hear everything going on down there so that can be a negative. Usually things were quiet around 10 or 11 pm though. Had a blast off shore fishing. Two Dorado, one Wahoo and endless Tuna. Call Minerva's in Cabo for that. Seriously a perfect vacay...great honeymoon!

Room Tip: Go with the JR Honeymoon Suite. The villas as nice but not private as everyone can see your balcony...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna R
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I spent a few days at Secrets Marquis Los Cabos and I can't rave about it enough! It was a perfect place for a getaway from it all.The location is stunning with beautiful views over the Sea of Cortez and a pristine beach that extends as far as the eye can see. Our 5th floor room was spacious and beautifully decorated. I loved the little nook, where room service was delivered without the staff having to enter the room.

All the staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and were always happy to help. There are several restaurants to choose from so we made sure to try them all during our stay. All were fantastic and our favorite was their award-winning Canto del Mar with high-end French cuisine. Definitely not to be missed! Ceviches are fabulous, too!

The staff by the pool was also great and they always made sure we had all we needed. Cocktails are top shelf.

The property itself is beautiful with large heated swimming pools to laze the days away. There's entertainment in the evenings and you can book different activities through the resort.

I would highly recommend this resort and will certainly be back soon!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank annaurbanik
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We have traveled many places and been to Mexico more times than I can count but I will tell you when it comes to a GREAT attitude toward service for guests I have NEVER been treated better. NICE is the to describe it. We had a 2nd floor Casita on the beach and a butler ( Alejandro!) he was magnificent. he called everyday before he left to see if we needed anything before he left for the day! he unpacked our clothes and they were placed in perfect order in the closets and drawers!

Food and drink. I had the BEST Pina Colada EVER. I have had lots of Pina Coladas and in fact the supposed place where the first one was made in San Juan. This Pina Colada was hands down the best. I drink Virgin ones as I do not drink anymore and they often taste like the mix..not here. All the restaurants were tasty. YES, I had to slow down my American impatience and eat slower as I was not on the clock but once I was on vacation time and rel;axed it was even more enjoyable of a dinner pace.

The pools are heated and perfect at ~ 85 degrees.

We went for our 26th anniversary with 6 friends and everyone was very complimentary about the Resort. We have all traveled together for years with varying experiences!

We plan on making this an annual Valentines trip. I hated to leave and highly recommend this resort. If you are not happy here then you are not happy anywhere!

Also...Vania the Chief Concierge is FANTASTIC!

Room Tip: Casita if you can and high floor
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DWR18
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

My first time in Cabo and really enjoyed Secrets Marquis Los Cabos. The property is beautiful, and a great place to relax and have fun with friends. The service in all areas was perfect. Alejandro was expecially wonderful and very attentative. He contributed the the "no stress" vacation. I will certainly return to this property!

Room Tip: Floor 5 in the middle of the resort is a great place to be!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
#7 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,303 reviews
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#11 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,897 reviews
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#4 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,893 reviews

Been to Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!