“Excellent food, great service”

Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
San Diego, California
“Excellent food, great service”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

All inclusives don't have a reputation for haute cuisine, but this property had really excellent food. The French restaurant especially stood out for creativity and delightful taste. All staff members went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. I was there for a company function and the hotel handled our large group very well. Because the property is smaller, we did have days where there were no chairs available along the beach/pool. The outdoor movie option was fun and the activity desk was helpful to our team. The fifth floor had excellent views. Our first room on the far end of the first floor had a view mostly of the top of the casitas. The hotel accommodated our request to be moved to a room with a better view, which was much appreciated.

Room Tip: The higher up the better, and avoid the end where the casitas are located.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Kaye S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

The rooms are beautiful, the service is excellent, the food is good, had an amazing time. I didn't want to go home! Room service was pretty slow, especially in the morning. The views from each room were spectacular. You can sleep with the patio door open and listen to the waves. I would definitely come back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank MissesJones927
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Loved loved this hotel! I was traveling alone to a wedding. The rooms were super nice and most of all the food was exceptional. Being an avid traveler I go to a lot of hotels and all inclusive resorts. I will say the food here was the best "all inclusive" i have ever been to. The lunch by the pool was great as for they had sandwiches, salads and burgers they would serve to your seat. The other restaurant by the "adult pool" was classy. Super sweet and perfect of couples or groups of friends to meet and share wine. Although this hotel welcomes children I did not notice many. There is an adult pool that offers realization. The main pool was grew tot meet everyone, lay out and have drinks. The beach is amazing with Tiki Huts available as the surf crashes upon the shore. It is a short cab ride (20 min.) to downtown Cabo. By far the nicest resort for couples and singles who want to vacation or have a wedding that is both somewhat affordable and classy. I would highly recommend this location, hotel and place. My favorite thing was that they put incense in the bathroom....which was a nice treat along with the sub lock and shower gell they leave you. A really classy place above most all others! #weddingphotographer #avidtraveler

Room Tip: Room by tranquility pool overlooked the beach and the pool. This pool is adult only so it was very q...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank livingtotraveling
Cleveland
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have actually been to Secrets Marquis twice is the past year, once in April in 2013 and another time in January in 2014. The first trip was for a personal trip and the second trip was for a work incentive trip. Over a year time, much did not change and I still very much enjoyed the resort.

This resort is about 30 minutes from the airport and 30 minutes for the downtown Cabo area. It’s about $45 for a cab into downtown Cabo.

If you want to lay around and do nothing but hang by the pool/beach I would highly recommend this resort. There’s no real “entertainment” at this resort as there is at other Secrets. It’s a much smaller resort which is nice because there was always chairs by the pool and tables in the evenings for dinner. I very much like to layout during the day by the pool and enjoy a nice dinner in the evening, this hotel was perfect for that. No loud music or children running around, very relaxing. All rooms have a beautiful ocean view and on both trips I was able to see whales. The drinks were good and food was also good. I am picky and I thought everything was very good. I especially enjoyed the coffee and pastries in the morning in our cubby door that they served us. I would go back to this resort, but most likely my next trip to Cabo will be at a different resort and only because I would like to try somewhere new.

Room Tip: All standard rooms are ocean view so you can't go wrong. The suites are amazing and very large...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Isabella091108
Ankara A, General Manager at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Isabella,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stays at Secrets Marquis Los Cabos. I must agree with you that our property is indeed a great option to rest and relax with its beachfront location and stunning ocean views. I am pleased to know you enjoyed both of your stays with us and that we were able to satisfy your discerning taste through our food and beverage offer.
I would like to add that, as much as the resort is a haven for relaxation, it also offers a variety of entertainment with nightly theme shows and activities. In fact, in addition to our own events such as Mexican Fiesta, Casino and Disco Nights, as well as Karaoke and Beach Parties, we also offer a fantastic Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience. It gives our guests an opportunity to dine at neighboring properties, and to enjoy an additional variety of live entertainment at these venues.
Together with my team, I would love to welcome you to Secrets Marquis again on your next visit to Los Cabos.
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2014

WOW, what a GREAT resort!! My Husband and I just returned from a 9 night stay. We were there for pleasure and a business trip. I can honestly say that this is a TOP Resort in all areas. We have traveled to many, many, nice 5 star resorts and this one Top's the list. We stayed in one of the Beach Front Casita's (#803). Our Casita had a roof top terrace, which offered spectacular views. From the moment we arrived, we were treated excellent. Our Concierge was Diana and also Noe. They took exceptional care of every detail of our stay! The pool and beach service was the best we have ever experienced. Armando is extremely entertaining and provides excellent service as does Alberto and ALL the staff!! They made our days so enjoyable. All of the food and drinks were great!! We went to the Spa on several occasions and it is wonderful! We also used the workout facility, which was always super clean and water provided, etc. We celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary during our stay and they made our night so special. With a Happy Anniversary Banner on our door, flower petals and candles from our entry all the way into our bathroom with a bubble bath awaiting us with more candles, flowers, champagne, etc. It was truly a beautiful surprise! I can't say enough about how wonderful this place is!! It is a definite must stay in Cabo. We can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: All rooms appear to have an excellent views. We stayed in one of the Beach Front Casita's, #803...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Cindy S
Dear Cindy,
First of all, let me say thank you for choosing Secrets Marquis for your 29th Anniversary celebration and congratulations! What a joy it is to know that with so many 5-star properties that you’ve visited, ours tops your list! We feel truly honored.
I’m glad that our special touches and service as well as your Beachfront Casita and spa visits made your 9-night stay such a memorable one. Of course we would be delighted to have you and your husband back for your big 30 so that our entire team we can continue pampering you and so that you can continue exploring all that Secrets Marquis has to offer.
Castle Rock, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2014

What can I say but WOW! My wife and I have been to about 20 different 'all inclusive' resorts. This one gets top scores on everything! By far the best food, best service, and cleanest resort we have ever been to. The French restaurant would receive top marks in Paris. The ceviche was served several different ways. I loved the octopus, shrimp and fish ceviche. The staff whether at the front desk, beach activities, waiters or maids were all polite and very accommodating. This place will not disappoint.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were great...but the 5th floor had the best views.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David D
Ankara A, General Manager at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear David,
What can I say but THANK YOU SO MUCH! It is reviews like yours that make our entire team feel proud to be part of Secrets Marquis Los Cabos. Getting top scores from a seasoned traveler like yourself means a lot to us as it rewards all those daily efforts we make to ensure our guests’ experiences are memorable and flawless. As for our French Restaurant, Canto del Mar, it seems that industry experts share your opinion having awarded it with many prestigious accolades..
We look forward to welcoming you back to Secrets Marquis soon!
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2014

As a loyal traveller to a Secrets property, my wife and I were not disappointed. The main reason we consider Secrets is the all adult aspect, plus the attention to the little details, and here Marquis delivered.
The location, and beach is absolutely breathtaking. From the sunrise lighting the property and hills, to the rock outcrops, in both directions. The cleanest beach to walk and we've seen many.

What probably made our choice so right this time, is the staff. From the concierge to the landscapers, and housekeepers, servers and hostess's - we found them ALL so friendly and well trained. They all really try to make your stay a special one. Do not hesitate to tip them, as we never once felt that they did not take pride in their work. So many standouts in serving us that I can't just mention a few.

Will not repeat what most have already reviewed, but the restaurants are all excellent, as well as the prompt room service. Our favourite was the Spice. The standard for us in Secrets Resorts food is Silversands, and the Marquis comes very close. My only fault perhaps is the lack of choices for non seafood lovers. I ate the caviche every day, as well as raw, and fresh fish done perfectly, but my wife prefers other meats. Unfortunately pork is no where on any menus, so chicken every day, with the odd burger or steak, gets boring.
Breakfasts could be improved somewhat as well - more waffle, pancake choices. Plus for most other Secrets, smoke salmon is a staple at every breakfast buffet but here at Marquis. Missed that.
This property caters to the corporate groups (and perhaps forgets about who is paying for their own trip) and closes off the pool areas whenever they have a Private function. Just be ready for the possibility.
The drinks were great, and the wine is exactly the same as the other Secrets, so get over it. Or just try a glass of wine in Cuba and no you have nothing to complain.
Improvements in Wi Fi have improved to the point, that if you're glued to your device, you can survive a week.
Be assured that they are constantly working on improving this resort, and would hope that some needed upgrades will be addressed over time. My issues are little but here are a few: Ipod music players instead of the old cd clock radios. A barbeque self serve restaurant by the pool, as another option instead of menu ordering. A smoothie station at the Café for more options (like at Silversands).
We are missing the sound of the surf crashing down, the picture perfect setting, but most of all, are missing the staff and quality of the service we received in our week in March.

Stick with Secrets (or another AM resort) as we will, because after many trips to Silversands, Huatulco, etc. you kind of know what to expect, and here at Secrets Marquis they most certainly delivered.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Greg H
Dear Valued Guest,
I am delighted to know that our Secrets Marquis team was able to fulfill your expectations and make your stay with us another great Secrets experience. I wish your stay with us had been perfect, but appreciate your pointing out the areas in which we can improve.
Thank you for all the great suggestions! I hope that on your subsequent visits you’ll already notice the improvements we’ve been implementing. Meanwhile, I would like to recommend that for non-seafood-lovers, like your wife, Vista Ballenas and Canto del Mar restaurants offer more meat-centered menus to satisfy everyone’s preferences. For a wider variety at breakfast time, please remember that we also offer a-la-carte items to complement our buffet and make sure you are literally spoiled for choice.
I truly hope that your loyal relationship with our brand will continue untarnished for many years and vacations to come, as we’ll be thrilled to welcome you back to Secrets Marquis anytime!
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Cabo Azul Resort
Cabo Azul Resort
#7 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!