“Well Kept Secret(s)”

Edmond, Oklahoma
“Well Kept Secret(s)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Dear Mrs. Ankara Angulo,

I just want to say thank you again for your gracious hospitality at your outstanding resort. My husband and I enjoyed our time tremendously. The location and view from our room was spectacular. Your staff is so wonderful and after staying 6 nights I realized how hard they all work to make your resort as fabulous as it is. It takes everyone from all departments to work together to achieve such greatness. The service was nothing shy of impeccable.

I look forward to sending many clients to your beautiful resort and plan to return as soon as possible myself.

It was such a pleasure meeting you and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Room Tip: I think all rooms have a great view! I have stayed on the 4th and 5th floor and the views were outs...
1 Thank KarriAdams
Ankara A, General Manager at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Karri,
Thank you so much for your kind words and for staying with us. I am thrilled to know just how much you and your husband enjoyed your Secrets Marquis experience and I would like to thank you on behalf of my entire team for acknowledging the hard work it takes to make our guests’ stays memorable and perfect!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Kind Regards,
Ankara Angulo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
Seattle USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

All rooms have ocean views and are very pretty. I wasn't a huge fan of the open bathtub-to-room design. It makes it possible to see the ocean while you take a bath (Nice!) but creates a situation where the bathroom is not private when you want it to be. Not a big deal, just a preference.

The staff work really hard and do an exceptional job. They run run run all day long with a smile on their faces. From housekeeping to waitstaff to the entertainment staff, these people are dedicated. While the entertainment staff are great, the show they brought through were nothing to write home about.

My only disappointment was the food in the more formal restaurants. It really wasn't acceptable considering the room rates for the resort. Everything LOOKED appetizing but most things didn't taste all that great. If you stick to the casual pool area restaurant's ceviche, fish tacos and the like, you'll be happy as a clam. Just don't expect much from the other restaurants. Service however, was lovely. Breakfast is also very nice, with a buffet and menu service.... My husband was a big fan of the omelet station.

Overall a lovely resort but not exceptional enough to make me loyal.

1 Thank FussyCosmo
Leawood, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I just returned from another wonderful vacation at Secrets Marquis. We first visited there in October of 2013. If you reference my review from our last trip (written on February 22, 2014), you will see why we couldn't wait to go back! The beautiful resort, lovely rooms, the amazing staff and the delicious food is enough to keep us coming back over and over!! The view from our room this time (ocean front, room 301) might have been even better! And a big shout out to Robert for always keeping a drink in our hands, even when we were making drink concoctions up! And also to Ferr, for the fun night out during the Pub Crawl and during the fun Water Aerobics class! In my last review, I had noted the lack of activities and the boring music by the pool. In just the few months since our last trip, the resort has already improved on those items. I can definitely say, we will be back to Secrets Marquis yet again!!

2 Thank lovethebeach06
Ankara A, General Manager at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
It’s always such a joy to hear from loyal and satisfied guests like yourself! I couldn’t be happier to know that we were able to enhance your second stay with us and that you enjoyed our facilities, activities and service.
I truly hope that with every future visit you will continue to see positive changes and that you and other guests will realize that we take your feedback to heart.
Our entire team is looking forward to having you back for the third time very soon!
Kinds Regards,
Ankara Angulo
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We liked this place a lot, but I only give it a 3 because of the terribly nowhere near private toilet area in the rooms (we had an oceanfront room). Without this issue, I would easily go 4.5, but this is one area that no one wants to share with the person they are traveling with.

Cons:

- You have to pay for WiFi (and good wine), so it is really All(most) Inclusive :) Come on Secrets, you are better than this.

- The absolute worst designed toilet area in our oceanfront room short of skipping any sort of door whatsoever. The toilet "room" is a frosted glass door'ed room, however there are numerous clear spots that ensures no visual privacy for whoever is on the toilet. And even if everyone closes their eyes real tight, there is ZERO sound muffling with this design as there is a giant cut out in the bathroom wall into the bedroom. I fortunately read this a lot before we arrived so I had already picked out a few lobby facilities to give myself, and my bride, some privacy when I was away attending to business. Seriously, the worst toilet room design I have ever seen, in fact, I think I would not return to this hotel on this point alone even given the great time otherwise that we had.

Pros:

- Beautiful property, the infinity pools are so beautiful.

- GREAT poolside service. Armando was awesome and we never had to even ask for drinks, he was on the ball.

- Top shelf spirits. Make sure to ask for their best tequila, or whatever else you might like, because depending on the bar, they might not have your flavor out, but they do have access to it (Don Julio Reposado was a favorite of ours)

- Nice people everywhere, front desk, bus boys, painters, just everyone had a great attitude.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ParkerBeachLovers
north Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Secrets Marquis from May 19th to the 25th. We're used to staying at all inclusive resorts and this one did not disappoint. What we loved the most was our 3rd floor ocean view room- breathtaking!!
There's a lot of activities going on throughout the day which for us was great-we're 26 yrs old and don't just want to lie out all day and get bored.
Ferr from the entertainment team was AWESOME!!! He made our stay so much more enjoyable.
There's not much night life at the resort. If you want to have fun club hopping in the city I definitely recommend doing the Pub Crawl offered Wed and Sat. The sunset cruise was great/relaxing-good drinks, food and the famous arch.
Food was good. Many of the dishes were very greasy though. The best restaurant is the French. The first entrée on the menu-the chicken and shrimp was amazing!
As for cleanliness, everything was great except for the empty alcoholic beverages left for hrs by the elevators/hallways.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank lovevacay1
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We would never imagine going to an all-inclusive beach vacation….with no beach access! My husband earned the trip, so it was free and amazing, BUT - we LOVE to swim in the ocean and could not! It is too dangerous and rocky, and not just occasionally - pretty much all the time! There is a swimmable beach within 15 minutes (walking), and it was lovely, but it's just not the same! And since it's so rough, no water sports on site.

However - great food, clean, huge rooms, great service! And thankfully - great pool!!!

1 Thank Tania P
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Truly a first class facility from start to finish. Every meal was delicious and service was outstanding.

If you love swimming in infinity pools this is the place for you. If you're a beach swimmer not so much. While the beach is beautiful and close by, it's too dangerous to swim in. No lifeguards either. It did make for a nice walk.

Off-site excursions are plentiful but not necessary as there are many relaxation opportunities on property including a full service spa and salon.

It is hot - really really hot - in mid May. Perhaps not an ideal time of year for the heat sensitive.

Traveling with a group of 4 friends we all agreed we would return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
#2 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,103 reviews
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#11 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,980 reviews
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!