“Beautiful from start to finish!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa

Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Fox River Grove, Illinois
“Beautiful from start to finish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just returned from an anniversary trip to Secrets Marquis los Cabos. It exceeded every review we have read about and gave us so many wonderful memories! The resort is well kept, clean, and really pays attention to the little details. Our room was a junior suite and the view of the ocean was breathtaking! The room service and maid service was excellent. We were really pampered. The restaurants at this resort are outstanding. We did not have a bad meal the entire week we stayed there. Again, attention to detail was evident. The presentation of the dishes no matter what course were what you would expect at a 5 star restaurant. We did not tire of the menu choices. Our personal favorite was Spice, we ate at the teppanyaki table as well as regular seating and really enjoyed our meals! One the things we like most was that we did not have to make reservations at any restaurant and we did not have to wait at all for a table. It was also nice to have the option to eat outside or inside, and with the gorgeous ocean views from every restaurant it was a no brainer to eat outside! Again, the details...beautiful flowers on the table and candlelight, what can be more romantic?! The grounds of this resort are immaculate and the swimming pools are wonderful. We were a little concerned at first because we did not think there was going to be enough bar service by the pools. We were pleasantly surprised! We have never had so much attention by wait staff at the pools! Our favorite server, Victor, made sure our glasses were never empty and he even anticipated when we would need another cold drink even before we asked! Well done, Victor! There were activities by the pool all day, but not overly obnoxious. This is a resort to relax, if you are looking to be on the go all day long, you may not be so happy. And last, I would like to compliment the photographer on staff, Danielle. We booked a photo session with her and it was the best decision we could have ever done! My husband is not one for photos, and she was so good about asking us what we wanted. The pictures were outstanding! It was so hard to pick from all the beautiful shots she took, she really is talented! We would recommend that anyone that is a guest at Marquis take advantage of this service! You will not be disappointed! We would definitely come back and highly recommend this 5 star resort to anyone that is looking to be pampered and surrounded with outstanding ammenities!

Room Tip: Junior Ocean Front Suites are outstanding!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Sheryl M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
Monrovia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were here in April 2014 for a quick Anniversary weekend.
Unless you've been to Mexico or Cabo before, remember to GO STRAIGHT TO THE SHULTTLES pass GO after you pick up your luggage. The time share people come up to you like bees to honey. They look and sound like they are part of your shuttle service or hotel package. Look for the t shirts or polo shirts with the company name on them or if they are holding a sign with your name on it
Trust me, I warned my husband and he "thought" he knew while we were bombarded by Time Share people. When you get there, they ask you where you're staying and continue to guide you to a desk with different Time Share promotions
I had to laugh watching my husband get reeled in while I stood back after I reminded him
Now, on to the hotel.
When we arrived, to the hotel, we were greeted, then shown to the check-in counter. We were offered a cold towel to freshen up and a glass of champagne.
They are all professional and introduced themselves in case we needed anything else
The hotel is beautiful and just what we wanted. Adult only relaxing short weekend

Room Tip: We were upgraded right away to an ocean view,but don't be fooled, all the rooms are ocean view...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joyce S
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I just had my wedding at Secrets Marquis Los Cabos and it was truly an amazing experience. I was very worried at first because it was a little hard to get a hold of the wedding team there but as soon as I got there, everyone was extremely nice and worked vigorously to make things perfect for your wedding. The overall hotel experience was unbelievably amazing as well. For those who are weary or unsure of whether or not to stay there, here are my notes below:

The initial sign up period was not the best experience to be honest. It was hard to get ahold of someone who could explain the wedding packages to me and all the rules associated with it. If you plan on going with a big group and trying to claim the free rooms, I assure you that you will get it flawlessly but there are some things to note. You pay for the free rooms in advance and get refunded a week before the wedding. Make sure you book the rooms all through the same avenue like either directly on the website or all through one portal like Hotwire. It has to be done through the same site to claim it.

But honestly, other then that, it was perfect. The Wedding Coordinator Magda helps you with everything and I couldnt have asked for more. She made the day perfect for me and my wife and as easy as possible. I even got a surprise gift from them when i got there. I am not sure if you will get it as well, but they upgraded us to the Casitas suite for free and words cannot do it justice. It was simply the best room I have ever seen.

The Wedding Photographer Danielle, was truly amazing as well. She helped us with everything to get every perfect shot and she really knew the location and shots well. She was an A class photographer and will give you amazing wedding photos.

The hotel, service and food were amazing!!!! I read reviews about some flies but I did not have any problems with it.

Hope this helps you with your decision.

Room Tip: I had the Casitas room and it was extremely nice and huge in size. I saw my friends rooms which wer...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Michael Y
Ankara A, General Manager at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Michael,
First of all, let me congratulate you on your wedding and… on picking the best Cabo resort to tie the knot! I am very happy to know our team was able to make your Big Day “perfect”.
I’m glad everything went smoothly and that your wedding photos will beautifully reflect these special moments forever. You’re right, Danielle is truly an A-class photographer!
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and fellow travelers and I hope we’ll be welcoming you back on your wedding anniversaries for many years to come.
Kind Regards,
Ankara Angulo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I wanted to thank your exemplary staff for a fantastic stay beginning May 24th and sadly ending May 31st. My husband and I had never been to Mexico and we would definitely come back again. Even tho all of the staff were fantastic, several stand out: a huge thank you for keeping me from gaining 200 pounds- Fernando and the Miguels,We had a side-by-side massage-the best either of us has ever had!! Hugo in Concierge recommended and arranged a most memorable and delicious dinner at The View restaurant (I think he asked for the best seats as well, which we had) where I cried at the beautiful mariachi and marveled at the Mexican coffee; Hector at Vista Ballenas who always had a greeting and a smile for us, as well as the wait staff (I wish I could remember his name) on May 25 at Vista Ballenas, who upon learning that I loved Chayote, had the chef cook me a whole plate of it special!!!!  And last, but definitely not least, our Adalberto, who served us our first day by the infinity pool and we followed him wherever he was working throughout our stay...he, by far and almost single-handedly, made our trip the most memorable imagined!!! He is the epitome of warm, friendly, genuine, professional, expeditious and we would come back again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dana E
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Don't' t say "Everything included". They will correct you to say, "Unlimited luxury." Upgraded to the Honeymoon Suite. (No idea why). Room was spacious, clean and luxurious with the perfect amenities, our own sun patio and private wading pool.
All 5 restaurants were outstanding. Great variety and quality. The head chef was very involved.
The concierge desk had great outings available. The entertainment team kept things lively all day out by the beautiful pools and azure sea. Even had a short walk planned so you could safely swim in the sea.
Keep a few singles with you and share them with the pool wait staff and your next drink or snack is only seconds away. Evening entertainment left a little to be desired.
The views from the entire resort were breathtaking, from the pools to the fauna and wildlife to the pure blue ocean.
Spa had great treatments, although slightly outdated with only 1 of 4 hot tubs working correctly.
Overall, It was pure peace and relaxation. Not cheap. Worth every penny.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank George G
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had an amazing event at Secrets because we had a great travel agent. Secrets must have been going through some staffing changes and was unresponsive and inconsistent with what was offered to us after we had booked the event. We had to go through three event managers, what a headache. Aimee at myislandgetaways made it stress free and was so reassuring that everything will be amazing. Aimee truly cared about our event, she did everything possible to ensure that everything would be simply amazing and for all the trouble that we had to go through had negotiated over $600 worth of upgrades for us and saved us money on an ocean front room. I would highly recommend Aimee (aimee@myislandgetaways.com) to anyone having a destination event at Secrets or any other resort. She truly cares for her clients. Secrets is a great resort and I would go back there, so relaxing and great service, I just hope that they have worked out all the staffing issues in the events department.

Room Tip: Loved the Casitas. Oceanview or not it really does not make a difference all great rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Let me start by saying I was going to give 4 stars to this hotel until we realized that the voicemails on our phone that came within 5 minutes of checking in were from Chase Fraud to ask if we had charged $380. We were not able to use the card the rest of our trip and it was painfully obvious that when our card was swiped at check in and that it could only be a staff member from Secrets who stole the number. We had prepaid the entire trip through Costco travel and did not use that card at any other time in Cabo.

With that said, I tried contacting management but have not received a response. Now onto the original review I intended to write. They lost a star for trying to sell the time share presentation at check in. This was not very low key and we didn't appreciate our first impression to be a sales pitch and asking us what we paid for the trip. Then being told that if went to their time share presentation they could guarantee we would be paying a lot less in the future. This just wasn't first class.

The only other complaints we had were the poor wine selection. Only one Chilean chardonnay and sauvignon blanc. I think at this price point there need to be at least two choices. Also the food was definitely hit or miss, although it seemed if you stuck with ceviches and Mexican, all were delicious. I also just read a review that there was a coffee maker in the room. We didn't have one as I looked since there were coffee packets. So the room was beautiful, the view outstanding. I didn't mind the open nature of the bathroom as you could be staring out at sea while in the soaking tub. I originally thought I might be tempted to go back, but in light of the credit card incident, will not likely return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank SailAwaySanDiego
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review. It is truly regretful that your otherwise pleasant stay was tarnished by what seemed like a credit card incident. I would like to personally apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused and to explain how this came about.
It is our standard procedure that at the time of check-in, we request a credit card to cover incidental charges incurred during your stay. No charge is made at that time, but there is an authorization of approx. $380 USD (which is an average amount our guests tend to spend during their stay). This amount is put on hold by the bank and if there are no incidental charges, at checkout we notify the bank to release “the block”..
I understand perfectly that you were alarmed by the notification from your bank, but I assure you that no fraudulent activity took place. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to personally address any additional questions or doubts you may have.
I am also sorry about the unpleasant first impression you had at arrival , they were just trying to highlight the benefits of Unlimited Vacation Club members. We will work in improving this service.
I hope now that we have clarified the circumstances of the incident, you will consider staying with us in the future.
Kind Regards,
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
#7 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,292 reviews
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#10 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,891 reviews
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#4 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,891 reviews

Been to Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!