“My perfect paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Birmingham, Alabama
“My perfect paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I want to start by saying I am a travel agent and I travel ALOT. But this doesn't mean I have high expectations, I just have realistic expectations of what you should be getting for the money. On this side of Cabo it is a very nice area with a lot of high end properties, especially near this resort. George Clooney and Cindy Crawford have a house right next door to the Marquis. This place is a great value for your money considering how outstanding the property is. Every room is oceanview which is something most people pay a ton for so it's a plus that no matter what category you are in you'll have an outstanding view. I was upgraded to oceanfront which just means your room is more centered. This hotel even though part of the Secrets brand is also a member of the "Leading Hotels of the World" so it has to adhere to higher standards, which I think makes it unique and an incredible value. Secrets advertises having premium brand beverages but make sure you ask for that! They aren't going to assume you want Don Julio in your margarita. People on these reviews complain about the lack of authentic Mexican but that didn't bother me. Go off the resort and explore! Sometimes an all-inclusive will make you feel like you have to stay on site, but I would definitely recommend venturing into Cabo San Lucas for the night life and cuisine. Our airport transfers were exceptional. We paid for a shared transfer but no one else needed to be going to the airport the morning we left so our driver took us on a tour before we got to the airport. Very cool! And when you're leaving go to the VIP airport lounge. It's $35usd, but the complimentary massage they give you is worth that alone! The head masseuse at Las Ventanas operates out of the VIP lounge now and my husband and I were so impressed. Plus you get to drink and eat for free until your plane leaves. That in itself was worth it to me b/c I wasn't ready to end my vacation!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Lo Y
Ankara A, General Manager at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Secrets Marquis Los Cabos. It is always thrilling to hear positive comments from well-traveled individuals like yourself. I couldn’t be happier to know that you had what sounds like a perfect stay! Thank you for acknowledging the excellent value we provide and I couldn’t disagree with you. I believe our resort stands out thanks to its facilities, high-end food and beverage options as well as an unbeatable oceanfront location and service and, as you mentioned, being a member of the "Leading Hotels of the World" truly raises the bar for us.
It is rewarding and motivating for our entire team to receive such valuable feedback and it encourages us to work harder every day in making each guest’s experience a perfect one (just like yours!).
We look forward to hosting you again soon,

Kind Regards,
Ankara Angulo,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
Fox River Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just returned from an anniversary trip to Secrets Marquis los Cabos. It exceeded every review we have read about and gave us so many wonderful memories! The resort is well kept, clean, and really pays attention to the little details. Our room was a junior suite and the view of the ocean was breathtaking! The room service and maid service was excellent. We were really pampered. The restaurants at this resort are outstanding. We did not have a bad meal the entire week we stayed there. Again, attention to detail was evident. The presentation of the dishes no matter what course were what you would expect at a 5 star restaurant. We did not tire of the menu choices. Our personal favorite was Spice, we ate at the teppanyaki table as well as regular seating and really enjoyed our meals! One the things we like most was that we did not have to make reservations at any restaurant and we did not have to wait at all for a table. It was also nice to have the option to eat outside or inside, and with the gorgeous ocean views from every restaurant it was a no brainer to eat outside! Again, the details...beautiful flowers on the table and candlelight, what can be more romantic?! The grounds of this resort are immaculate and the swimming pools are wonderful. We were a little concerned at first because we did not think there was going to be enough bar service by the pools. We were pleasantly surprised! We have never had so much attention by wait staff at the pools! Our favorite server, Victor, made sure our glasses were never empty and he even anticipated when we would need another cold drink even before we asked! Well done, Victor! There were activities by the pool all day, but not overly obnoxious. This is a resort to relax, if you are looking to be on the go all day long, you may not be so happy. And last, I would like to compliment the photographer on staff, Danielle. We booked a photo session with her and it was the best decision we could have ever done! My husband is not one for photos, and she was so good about asking us what we wanted. The pictures were outstanding! It was so hard to pick from all the beautiful shots she took, she really is talented! We would recommend that anyone that is a guest at Marquis take advantage of this service! You will not be disappointed! We would definitely come back and highly recommend this 5 star resort to anyone that is looking to be pampered and surrounded with outstanding ammenities!

Room Tip: Junior Ocean Front Suites are outstanding!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Sheryl M
Monrovia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were here in April 2014 for a quick Anniversary weekend.
Unless you've been to Mexico or Cabo before, remember to GO STRAIGHT TO THE SHULTTLES pass GO after you pick up your luggage. The time share people come up to you like bees to honey. They look and sound like they are part of your shuttle service or hotel package. Look for the t shirts or polo shirts with the company name on them or if they are holding a sign with your name on it
Trust me, I warned my husband and he "thought" he knew while we were bombarded by Time Share people. When you get there, they ask you where you're staying and continue to guide you to a desk with different Time Share promotions
I had to laugh watching my husband get reeled in while I stood back after I reminded him
Now, on to the hotel.
When we arrived, to the hotel, we were greeted, then shown to the check-in counter. We were offered a cold towel to freshen up and a glass of champagne.
They are all professional and introduced themselves in case we needed anything else
The hotel is beautiful and just what we wanted. Adult only relaxing short weekend

Room Tip: We were upgraded right away to an ocean view,but don't be fooled, all the rooms are ocean view...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joyce S
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I just had my wedding at Secrets Marquis Los Cabos and it was truly an amazing experience. I was very worried at first because it was a little hard to get a hold of the wedding team there but as soon as I got there, everyone was extremely nice and worked vigorously to make things perfect for your wedding. The overall hotel experience was unbelievably amazing as well. For those who are weary or unsure of whether or not to stay there, here are my notes below:

The initial sign up period was not the best experience to be honest. It was hard to get ahold of someone who could explain the wedding packages to me and all the rules associated with it. If you plan on going with a big group and trying to claim the free rooms, I assure you that you will get it flawlessly but there are some things to note. You pay for the free rooms in advance and get refunded a week before the wedding. Make sure you book the rooms all through the same avenue like either directly on the website or all through one portal like Hotwire. It has to be done through the same site to claim it.

But honestly, other then that, it was perfect. The Wedding Coordinator Magda helps you with everything and I couldnt have asked for more. She made the day perfect for me and my wife and as easy as possible. I even got a surprise gift from them when i got there. I am not sure if you will get it as well, but they upgraded us to the Casitas suite for free and words cannot do it justice. It was simply the best room I have ever seen.

The Wedding Photographer Danielle, was truly amazing as well. She helped us with everything to get every perfect shot and she really knew the location and shots well. She was an A class photographer and will give you amazing wedding photos.

The hotel, service and food were amazing!!!! I read reviews about some flies but I did not have any problems with it.

Hope this helps you with your decision.

Room Tip: I had the Casitas room and it was extremely nice and huge in size. I saw my friends rooms which wer...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Michael Y
Ankara A, General Manager at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Michael,
First of all, let me congratulate you on your wedding and… on picking the best Cabo resort to tie the knot! I am very happy to know our team was able to make your Big Day “perfect”.
I’m glad everything went smoothly and that your wedding photos will beautifully reflect these special moments forever. You’re right, Danielle is truly an A-class photographer!
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and fellow travelers and I hope we’ll be welcoming you back on your wedding anniversaries for many years to come.
Kind Regards,
Ankara Angulo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I wanted to thank your exemplary staff for a fantastic stay beginning May 24th and sadly ending May 31st. My husband and I had never been to Mexico and we would definitely come back again. Even tho all of the staff were fantastic, several stand out: a huge thank you for keeping me from gaining 200 pounds- Fernando and the Miguels,We had a side-by-side massage-the best either of us has ever had!! Hugo in Concierge recommended and arranged a most memorable and delicious dinner at The View restaurant (I think he asked for the best seats as well, which we had) where I cried at the beautiful mariachi and marveled at the Mexican coffee; Hector at Vista Ballenas who always had a greeting and a smile for us, as well as the wait staff (I wish I could remember his name) on May 25 at Vista Ballenas, who upon learning that I loved Chayote, had the chef cook me a whole plate of it special!!!!  And last, but definitely not least, our Adalberto, who served us our first day by the infinity pool and we followed him wherever he was working throughout our stay...he, by far and almost single-handedly, made our trip the most memorable imagined!!! He is the epitome of warm, friendly, genuine, professional, expeditious and we would come back again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dana E
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Don't' t say "Everything included". They will correct you to say, "Unlimited luxury." Upgraded to the Honeymoon Suite. (No idea why). Room was spacious, clean and luxurious with the perfect amenities, our own sun patio and private wading pool.
All 5 restaurants were outstanding. Great variety and quality. The head chef was very involved.
The concierge desk had great outings available. The entertainment team kept things lively all day out by the beautiful pools and azure sea. Even had a short walk planned so you could safely swim in the sea.
Keep a few singles with you and share them with the pool wait staff and your next drink or snack is only seconds away. Evening entertainment left a little to be desired.
The views from the entire resort were breathtaking, from the pools to the fauna and wildlife to the pure blue ocean.
Spa had great treatments, although slightly outdated with only 1 of 4 hot tubs working correctly.
Overall, It was pure peace and relaxation. Not cheap. Worth every penny.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank George G
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had an amazing event at Secrets because we had a great travel agent. Secrets must have been going through some staffing changes and was unresponsive and inconsistent with what was offered to us after we had booked the event. We had to go through three event managers, what a headache. Aimee at myislandgetaways made it stress free and was so reassuring that everything will be amazing. Aimee truly cared about our event, she did everything possible to ensure that everything would be simply amazing and for all the trouble that we had to go through had negotiated over $600 worth of upgrades for us and saved us money on an ocean front room. I would highly recommend Aimee (aimee@myislandgetaways.com) to anyone having a destination event at Secrets or any other resort. She truly cares for her clients. Secrets is a great resort and I would go back there, so relaxing and great service, I just hope that they have worked out all the staffing issues in the events department.

Room Tip: Loved the Casitas. Oceanview or not it really does not make a difference all great rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
#7 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,303 reviews
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#10 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,897 reviews
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#4 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,893 reviews

Been to Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!