I have been to a few all-inclusives in a couple countries. This one may have been my favourite thus far. Full disclaimer, I was on my honeymoon so I don't think I could have had a bad time.
Secrets Marquis is a certain type of resort, in that I mean it doesn't try to do everything. To be clear, it is a laid back couples resort. And a great one at that. Part of this means certain sacrifices: less of an entertainment focus, less "activites", few or none built in attractions like a wave pool or a "lazy river". All of these extras are dropped and where it pays off is in the peace of the resort. For someone like me it forced me to do nothing and after a few days I got used to it, allowing me to truly relax. At other resort I has planned my days with many different fun things going on, and I still enjoy that, but at Marquis I did nothing and ended up coming home like you want to come home, with a more at ease mind and a smile through all the flights and transfers.
I did have the opportunity to go to the Spa for a couples massage with my wife. I don't need to really go into detail here, it was great. You should do it. Can't be more straightforward and serious here.
The restaurants were great. Each had their own well put together menu and unlike other resorts you are not required to make reservations (with the exception of the Japanese specialty meal), or limited in the number of visits you can make to a particular restaurant. Also, there are so many wonderful menu options that the old standby of the buffet is near non-existent. I think I ate at the buffet once the whole week.
All of the rooms have a great view, so DON'T GET THE OCEAN FRONT ROOM, GET THE OCEAN VIEW ROOM. THEY ARE THE SAME THING. Save your money. \
The beds are indeed hard as a rock, but you can always order drinks from room service until you could fall asleep on a pile of metal spoons. Which I did, it was great.
I don't really want to give away too much here, you should just go. I promise it will be relaxing and one of the better times you've had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury(R) for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Marquis Los Cabos, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo