“Once again, almost perfection”

Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
North Carolina
“Once again, almost perfection”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've stayed at this property a few times, before and after it became part of the Secrets family of resorts, and I must say this place continues to amaze me. From check-in to check-out, the service was spot on, the pools very nice, the food wonderful, and the rooms outstanding.

Check-in was quick, and I was recognized as a returning customer. Got my usual room on the fifth floor, and it was spotless. The amenities they give your are great, they even provide sunscreen, which is a must in this part of the world. Around 6 AM they provide you with coffee and rolls in the niche, which tides you over until the wonderful breakfast.

The pool area is also spectacular. The pool servers are friendly, fast, and are quick to suggest drinks that are not in the mainstream.

The restaurants are also nice, although I did not try them all. This property is not really close to anything, but they do offer a Cabo pub crawl and trips to the San Jose Art Walk. In addition, they have an entertainment team that has activities planned throughout the day. If you want to venture into either town, cabs are readily available for $15-$25, depending on destination.

This place also has one of the better fitness centers I've seen in resort hotels, a big plus for me. There is a spa as well, but I did not try it.

I come here to simply relax, as my partying days (re: Cabo San Lucas) are long behind me. If you are in need of serious R&R, this is the place for you.

I mentioned almost perfect, and to be objective there are two tiny, tiny issues I had. The elevators are hot and stuffy, so the 5 seconds you are in them will be somewhat unpleasant. Also, the wifi for me seemed a bit temperamental. But I mention these two issues to at least list something bad. In reality, they are miniscule issues, not worthy of any worry.

Check-out was seamless and quick as well. I hated to leave, and I will be back soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank Dorkus
Ankara A, General Manager at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I am delighted to know that we have managed to amaze you throughout your several stays with us and I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your vacation location of choice. How wonderful that you enjoyed our service, rooms, amenities, pools and restaurants and that you were able to take advantage of the activities we have on offer. It’s fantastic that you were able to truly relax and I’m glad our Fitness Center didn’t disappoint.
It’s unfortunate we only achieved “almost perfection” this time but we’ll do our best to make it flawless next time!
Kind Regards,
Ankara Angulo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was our first trip to Cabo as well as a stay at a Secrets. Secrets Marquis was lovely. It was clean and a very pretty resort. It was a wonderful experience.. They were very accommodating. The food was good and they have a nice breakfast buffet. The service was great and poolside staff were fun. The staff go out of their way to make you happy. They would often bring new drinks to try and always friendly. You could even have lunch by the pool, just ask for a menu! You cannot swim in the ocean here because it is not safe but the infinity pool on site is great! The activity staff come around daily to get you involved but they were not pushy. We spent our whole time at the resort and didn't leave the property but they have a car rental at the hotel and a bus stop across the road. You are able to sechedule excursions at the hotel. We would definitely return to Secrets Marquis!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie G
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I just got home from the most amazing birthday trip EVER from Secrets Marquis, Los Cabos! Every single staff member was professional, courteous and extremely nice. I am soooo happy that I decided to get my pictures taken with the hotel photographers (Cabo Adventures), since I was traveling alone, it was wonderful to have such beautiful pictures of my trip. Etzael was my photographer and was EXCELLENT! I have never had such amazing pictures taken…well worth the money. The entertainment staff were engaging and sooooo much fun! Service from the waitstaff was exceptional as well. Loved taking water aerobics, barefoot cardio, cooking class -making cervicci, having massages, pub crawl was lots of fun, long walks on the beach and the pools are simply to die for overlooking the ocean and I don't know how long the 2 large pools are but they seem to go on forever…great for swimming! I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this resort. Triple cheers to Fernando (entertainment), Alfredo (pool side wait staff), Gabriella (restaurant hostess) Elza (front desk)! You guys rock!

Room Tip: Love being on the 5th floor!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Julie A
Dear Julie,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay at Secrets Marquis Los Cabos. It truly sounds like you had a fantastic time and I am delighted to know were able to make your birthday trip such a special one. From your successful photo shoot, to activities you participated in and long walks on the beach all sound like a perfect holiday. I’m sure Gabriella, Elza, Alfredo and our entire team were all thrilled to make your stay with us unforgettable. We look forward to having you back very soon!
Kind Regards,
Ankara Angulo
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel has manicured grounds and is very clean in all areas. The pool area is very nice with beautiful views of Pacific waves crashing from infinity pools. The staff are very friendly and will help in any way they can. Concierge was helpful and gave best prices for tours we found.
Everyone is trying to sell you something even secrets when you check in so be prepared.
Activities were spread out throughout the day and were good. Nothing too crazy.
No swim up bar but drinks were hustled poolside. They bring umbrellas, towels, food and all to the pool at your request.
Pub crawl sponsored by hotel was fun,safe and you get to cut all the lines for the bars in Cabo - recommend highly. Also recommend seeing Island of Espiritu Santo and swimming with sea lions as excursion in La Paz. Hotel California is in Todos Santos. They sell cool T shirts. Not sure if it is even the hotel from the eagles sing but makes for a good story.
A few cons were:
The restaurants would often run out of entrees if you ate dinner late. This was an issue at some restaurants due to limited menu choices.
Restaurants did not seem prepared for late dining. There is a limited 24 hour room service menu.
The fresh catch of the day EVERYDAY was Sea Bass. Not a big deal but became humorous after awhile. Try the ceviche. Awesome.
Overall a good choice if you can deal with minor inconveniences concerning food choice and variety.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maggsmc
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Secrest Marquis Los Cabos in May 2014. We had a such an amazing experience. From the moment we entered till the day we left.
We had chosen this hotel as it looked boutique and luxurious and it was.
The staff were helpful and very attentitve, we stayed in a one of the Cassitta's with an ocean view and simply loved our roof top terrace with dip pool and the view was to die for any time of the day. The food was great in all the restaurants, we really didn't leave the resort.
The Spa and staff were also fantastic, the only thing I would upgrade is the gym, need the view, but the gym was fine, we spent our time by the pool/s or on the beach.
We specifically went to celebrate my birthday and the staff and hotel made me feel very special, they decorated the door to our suite, i had birthday cakes all day and drinks!
They had daily activities for those that wanted to take part and the i loved the fact that the hotel was for adults only and it was never too crowded. We met and made some new friends too.
Overall we would go back again!

Room Tip: Ocean views a must -
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PAC2012
MAPLE RIDGE
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have been to a few all-inclusives in a couple countries. This one may have been my favourite thus far. Full disclaimer, I was on my honeymoon so I don't think I could have had a bad time.

Secrets Marquis is a certain type of resort, in that I mean it doesn't try to do everything. To be clear, it is a laid back couples resort. And a great one at that. Part of this means certain sacrifices: less of an entertainment focus, less "activites", few or none built in attractions like a wave pool or a "lazy river". All of these extras are dropped and where it pays off is in the peace of the resort. For someone like me it forced me to do nothing and after a few days I got used to it, allowing me to truly relax. At other resort I has planned my days with many different fun things going on, and I still enjoy that, but at Marquis I did nothing and ended up coming home like you want to come home, with a more at ease mind and a smile through all the flights and transfers.

I did have the opportunity to go to the Spa for a couples massage with my wife. I don't need to really go into detail here, it was great. You should do it. Can't be more straightforward and serious here.

The restaurants were great. Each had their own well put together menu and unlike other resorts you are not required to make reservations (with the exception of the Japanese specialty meal), or limited in the number of visits you can make to a particular restaurant. Also, there are so many wonderful menu options that the old standby of the buffet is near non-existent. I think I ate at the buffet once the whole week.

All of the rooms have a great view, so DON'T GET THE OCEAN FRONT ROOM, GET THE OCEAN VIEW ROOM. THEY ARE THE SAME THING. Save your money. \

The beds are indeed hard as a rock, but you can always order drinks from room service until you could fall asleep on a pile of metal spoons. Which I did, it was great.

I don't really want to give away too much here, you should just go. I promise it will be relaxing and one of the better times you've had.

Room Tip: get the ocean view, its the same as the ocean front. If you do get a private pool room, everyone abo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SFin1
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Secrets Marquis was so relaxing my husband and I lost track of what day it was. The resort offers a free photo shoot with one free photo; however, when we saw the photos, I started crying because they were so beautiful and so well done! Because the photo shop staff was so friendly and professional it made the photo shoot fun, and we ended up buying a package. I recommend using them if you stay at the resort. Be sure to get a professional picture of your relaxing resort stay. You'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies and excellent views of the beach and ocean; however, the higher floors the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Cabo Azul Resort
Cabo Azul Resort
#7 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!