“Dream Resort Full of Love”

Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel was AMAZING!! Tons of space to roam and enjoy, lots of snacks that guests may enjoy all through out the whole entire day. I thought the entertainers did an absolutely spectacular job engaging the guests to participate in the activities that the entertainers put together. There was not a single moment in my vacation that I did not enjoy, I loved it all. My favorite activity was definitely either the water aerobics or the water/ beach volleyball/ or just talking to the entertainers through out the day. I would recommend this resort for everyone. It is little kid-free. I would have to say that the entertainers did a magnificient job at what they do because all of them were super friendly, engaging, sweet, and very loving towards their guests. My favorite entertainers were Fernando Echegaray, Fehrr, and Miquel Hernandez. All the time, they were making me laugh and never turned down a chance to talk to me!

Room Tip: Choose a room where it is quieter, and peaceful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kendra E

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I recently returned from Los Cabos where I stayed at the Secrets Marquis. I was their on vacation with my girlfriend for her 25th Birthday. Our trip was amazing. The concierge Erik helped me out by having the room decorated with balloons, a happy birthday banner, and a birthday cake. The service I received all week from all members of the staff was impeccable. The views are amazing and the food at all all the restaurants is really good. I would recommend this resort to anyone traveling the Los Cabos. We visited other resorts while in Los Cabos and we were really glad we stayed at Secrets Marquis. If you want to party like a spring breaker this is not the place for you. But if you're looking for a good couples getaway this place is second to none. There are plenty of taxi's available to take you to the parties if that's what you want.

1  Thank Foday K
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Overview Secrets Marquis – about a 40 minute drive to hotel from the airport. Between the Westin and Hilton Hotels in the Corridor – It is comparable in size to other Secrets, like Riveria, It was a mix of Honeymoon couples and the middle aged American crowd. There is no swimup pool bar which was a little weird. They have 3 large pools and quite a few deck chairs. The beach area is huge but only has about 10 deck chairs. Thee rooms are large and had a hidden dumb waiter. We had a large king bed and a separate couch, we got upgraded to Beach Front on the 4th level in the middle of the resort (423). All rooms had some type of ocean view. The bathroom was huge and had plenty of room for 2 people; it included 2 sinks, large shower and Jacuzzi tub. Maid service was a little inconsistent, sometimes early, and sometimes late with turn down service at any time between 6-11.

The pools were large and you never felt like they were crowded and the views from the pools were excellent. They lack floats, so make sure to bring 1 or 2. Waiter service was excellent and you never had to wait long for a drink or food. Pool towels were plentiful and they were always refilling the towel containers. The beach is nice, but the water can be a little scary. There waves went from 7 footers to 1 footers during our trip. The best place to swim is down the beach in front of the Hilton, but it is a nice 15+ minute walk. If you like walking the beach then this is the place for you. You can head either direction for a get stroll, sometimes the beach is a little steep, but flattens out in most areas. There is very little shade on the beach, so the sand gets a little hot. This made sand volleyball, archery, and pellet guns a dance event if you did not bring shoes.

For lunch, we mostly ate at our beach chairs (poppers, burgers, chips, etc...). Normally the breeze by the pool was perfect for lounging and watching the ocean. Nightly food and entertainment were both good. We ate dinner ate most restaurants the service was awesome and the food was great. The chef at the hibachi was awesome and did so many cool tricks. We mostly ate a lot of seafood, but the steaks and chicken looked good.

Nightly entertainment was OK; the big night was the Mexican Party with a big buffet and dancers. I would have liked to try the Beach Party, but that was on the day we were leaving.
Make reservations early in the day for the Spice Restaurant (if you want the hibachi). Normally we had no problem getting into any restaurant without a wait. The entertainment staff was great without being pushy (Thanks – Miguel, Ferr and Fernando).

Overall it was a great resort, with nice pools, a big beach, and great service. Fun entertainment, good restaurants (we never had to wait) and great service at the pool and restaurants. The rooms were good and the view from Room 423 was unbelievable. I would go back in a heartbeat; I even told the entertainment staff I would see them next week. If you want peace and quiet, this is a perfect resort. If you want a large party crowd then look somewhere else.

Biggest Complaint – They need NEW towels in the rooms they were a little rough on sunburnt skin.

Resort Tip – Beach chairs were easy to find from 7am to 10am, but after 10am the view is not quite as good. Bring FLOATS for the pools. Make sure to practice your bean bag tossing before getting to the resort, so you can challenge the entertainment staff.

Room Tip: Try to get a room past the 2nd floor for the best views.
11  Thank dt12201
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at Secrets Marquis over the July 4th holiday with my girlfriend. We were highly impressed with the level of service at this resort. The staff were incredibly attentive. The hotel was very clean (they cleaned our room twice a day) and the food was excellent. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

First of all my husband and I at first are hesitating to go mexico with all the bad news blah blah and after asking so many people about the place we we're like LET'S DO THIS!

OMG!!!! I dunno what to write my heart is pumping fast and feeling excited again! everything is PERFECT!!! the real place to fee the ART OF DOING NOTHING!!!! we just stayed in the resort for 4 days and resort staff make sure we are having fun with sooo many resort activities, movie at the beach, beach and pool volley ball which my husband loves it! I did pool aerobic they make sure you are enjoying and staff are soooo funny!!!!

We stayed at the pool almost whole day, if you feel hungry! BAAAAM! alcohol or any fruit shake is on your way! if you feel thirsty there's new water bottled ready for you and the staff are always make sure your relax and having fun! we ordered foods as well OMG now I wanna go back again!!!!

All restaurants are amazingly, food is amazingly good and authentic, their culinary skills nailed every single meal we got for every restaurant we went!!!

and I'm shouting out to these staff who helped us the most and the rest are just soooo fantastic!!!

Placido- (Server) Funny and friendly!

Manuel- the guy from the pool when im looking for spot he was there right away helping me to get umbrella and table! WOW!

Ofcourse!!! FERNANDO and MANUEL : The funny duo sports guy who make sure everybody is having a blast!

Ratyna- Hostess at Italian restaurant she memorize our name right away! amazing! so helpful.

Perla- Server who is very accommodating.

Carlos @ dos Mares- Thank you for the wonderful service and recommendation!

ALFREDO @ dos Mares - Congratulations on your wedding!!!! you are such a very sweet calm server who is very helpful.

Julio- Bell Staff when we arrived he seems so excited to explain that "hey this place is worth! trust me!" and we got really excited too!

and Thank you ANKARA (GM) for taking care of your staff, for maing sure they're not only working hard but also they are being treated well and taking good care with their jobs, your staff is working hard to give all the guest the high caliber service, they make everything possible with hot weather they still able to manage to smile, and poke funny jokes I loove it! and with our experience! my husband and I are very much excited to return!

Room Tip: From the airport..........continue walking until you head outside for your transfer there's sooo...
3  Thank LeylaOhlala
Ankara A, General Manager at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Secrets Marquis and for being so thoughtful in mentioning how each one of our staff members helped make your stay perfect!
I am absolutely delighted that you and your husband has such a great 4-day stay and that you truly made the most of it. It also warms my heart to know that your very first vacation in Mexico was spent with us and that we were able to make it special enough for you to be excited about coming back!
We are just as excited about welcoming you again very soon,
Kind Regards,
Ankara Angulo

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I felt so SPOILED staying here in June for four days. TRULY all inclusive. Whatever food you want, whatever drinks you want, whenever you want any of it... They never tell you no! We thoroughly enjoyed relaxing with drinks and snacks all day by the pool... Then we went into 20 minutes into Cabo at night and felt completely safe. The concierge was excellent at providing information and hooked us up with a great snorkeling tour. The entertainment team was a lot of fun and worked hard to include everyone.... DO make sure you have cash/pesos at all times because some of the tours require cash/tips and the locals on the beach sell fun hats and jewelry... One day We walked down to the Hilton beach front where you can swim and rent Boogie Boards.. Beautiful and amazing resort from start to finish!! I cannot say enough about the staff and the stay! LOVE!!

5  Thank Karebear38
Ankara A, General Manager at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Secrets Marquis experience with us and fellow travelers. I couldn’t be more delighted knowing just how much you and your husband enjoyed your four-day stay at the resort. I can’t disagree with you—unlimited luxury is what we do best and making sure our guests are SPOILED at every turn is simply what we LOVE doing!
I’m very happy that you made the most of your getaway and that we were able to help make it happen.
We hope to welcome you back for another trip full of pampering.
Kind Regards,
Ankara Angulo

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent service. Jorge and Armando took the best care of us by the pool. Upgraded to the casita and it was amazing. Great amenities and activities. The restaurants were good but the portions were a little small. That's to be expected in an all inclusive resort though so I can't complain. Definitely will go back soon.

Make sure to print your boarding passes before you head to the airport. There was a line of about 150 people that could be skipped if you already had your boarding pass.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
#2 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences

Been to Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!