“People make the difference!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa

Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Clovis, California
“People make the difference!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very nice accommodations from the room, to the restaurants, to the pool areas, but it is the people that made the difference for us. Every staff member and I mean from the pool boys, waiters inside and out, the front desk, the bell, and the housekeeping went out of their way to make our day exceptional. Food was extremely good with a wide variety to choose from. Every room has an exceptional ocean view. Adults only, a plus for us this time as it lead to a relaxed atmosphere. Entertainment each night for those who wished to stay on site, stretching, water aerobics, all at no extra cost. Beautiful beach, no swimming, but the walk along the sand was wonderful. Again, we would like to say it is the staff that we found to be the standout of this property. First class all inclusive resort with a staff that strives to please, and we found this to be the case without the need to tip constantly. Rare in today's economy. Only one complaint, elevators could use some cooling off, they were extremely hot, maybe shut some of the lights off. A minor discomfort to say the least.

Room Tip: Could see no bad rooms on the property. Ours was on the 5th floor, wonderful view of the ocean and...
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Leaving the kids at home can be hard...unless you're at a first class resort on the beach! What a pleasant surprise when we were upgraded to the honeymoon suite! Thank you!! The food variety was excellent and tasted great. I would suggest making the reservations for the hibachi grill at least twice. Morning yoga in the garden was a great touch and the poolside service is top of the line. Thank you for a relaxing vacation with no worries!

PS...consider taking the bus from the airport to the resort. It's $6.50 per person and you get a taste of the local scene. The bus driver was very kind and made sure we knew where to get off.

• Stayed June 2014
      Cleanliness
3 Thank JohnGaltOK
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My boyfriend and I arrived at Secrets on 7/4/14 and stayed for 5 days.This all inclusive resort was even more beautiful in person.The rooms were very spacious, modern and clean. The service was impeccable and the food was fantastic. You only needed a reservation for the hibachi grill at Spice.It is harder to get into the French restaurant if it was too late in the evening.

We also went on 2 excursions that we purchased at the concierge's desk, snorkeling and the pub crawl (this was an excursion for more of the younger crowd and we didn't get home until 1:30am but it was a lot of fun). There were also multiple events at the resort as well, for example: wine tasting, Mexican festival with a mariachi band and dancers, salsa lessons, volleyball on the beach and at the pool.

There were many honeymooners and couple there for their anniversary. This is an adults only resort and very peaceful! We had a nice relaxing time and every room has an ocean view, our balcony was just perfect to relax, watch the waves and have breakfast if you like. They do not encourage you to get near the water as the waves are very strong, much better to view them from afar. We did mozy down the beach at sunset and it was just lovely.

Juan, one of the main managers, was out and about every day, checking on everyone and ensuring their satisfaction. My boyfriend and I would definitely return!

Room Tip: A higher floor seemed to be the best option, if you reserve for a king bed, confirm that you can rea...
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank karla87
Redondo Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

not sure where to start.
I guess, for price point its place I would recommend to anyone.
List of downs:
--pool is too warn and not place you like to seat next
--rarely anyone will help to move umbrella
--food service next to pool almost not exist, from not getting at all or wrong order
--almost nothing to do at evening
--try to watch movie outside next to pool practically impossible, when few feet way hotel staff plays bingo and yelling all time
--electrical outlets ate not working in bathroom
--room cleaning some days are not done till 4pm
--room service is almost not there (friends order fruit plate and wait for 3 days!!!
--restaurant service is something to write about!!!! most don't care if ice cream already melted before bringing to table or bring wrong order or not at all
--omelet station with no exhaust therefore smock will etch your eyes unless you seat far enough
--general attitude is "whatever"
--asian restaurant is joke. No sushi avail even they advertising.waiter had no clue when we asked for sushi and got us sushi rolls size of quarters.

Good stuff:
--food presentation and quality in french and Italian restaurants only
--business center with free internet.

well, here its 1st and last time will stay there.
pay $3500 for 2 from LA flying on united

Custom in Cabos took 2 hours. over 300 people with only 2 boarder custom agents!!! Place is joke with littel air. Lots of kids and older people almost fainted. NO ONE WILL CARE!!

Room Tip: dont go there
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Alex P
Ankara A, General Manager at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments and am very concerned that your experience with us wasn’t what you expected. Though this kinds of experience sounds quite uncharacteristic, I sincerely apologize for any shortcomings of our team and facilities. I understand that vacation time is a time we all cherish and try to make the most of it, so it saddens me that you weren’t able to enjoy your stay to the fullest. On the positive side, I am glad your dining experiences at our French and Italian restaurants were pleasant. Your feedback in very important to us and may you decide to stay with us in the future, I hope you’ll notice improvements in the areas you mention.
Kind Regards,
Ankara Angulo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

All gold stars, and many of them! Secrets Marquis Los Cabos is a top player in the Mexican resort world as far as I'm concerned. From the peaceful and serene ambiance to the impeccable and detailed service, I can't imagine any guest being much less than 100% satisfied with an experience at this property. I along with my best friend (gals' getaway) enjoyed our time in this paradise. We immensely enjoyed the food and friendly service. It seems each member of the resort staff made an effort to learn names, and did so very well!

Both my friend and I took in a massage at the spa during our week's stay and THAT was truly a magical experience. They are doing things more than right in the spa, no doubt!

My interactions with the entertainment staff were positive and I want to make mention of Ferr in particular, for being so helpful and welcoming.

I feel compelled to mention how uncomfortable the two beds were in our room (#315). My friend and I would each toss and turn in our individual beds through the night, and then we would each leave our beds in the mornings hunched over.

Room Tip: I think each and every room here has a wide open beach view!
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words regarding your recent stay at Secrets Marquis Los Cabos. I am delighted to know that you and your friend found so much to like during your week-long gals’ getaway. It makes me very proud that our staff, including Fer and the spa team, made your stay with us memorable. We hope that on your next visit you’ll take the opportunity to try other treatments offered at our award-winning spa for yet another “magical experience”. Meanwhile, we look forward to your next visit and will be happy to help with anything you may need before then.
Kind Regards,
Ankara Angulo
San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I loved that you didn't need to get reservations at any of the restaurants, and it was never an issue to get in. Also, the resort is super relaxing. If you just want to be with your sweetie- it's perfect. The infinity pool overlooking the ocean was awesome. You can't swim in the ocean.. you would need to walk over to the Hilton to do that. It's located in between San Jose and Cabo San Lucas, so going into town takes a little longer than what we were used to.

The food is medicore, it's really not great. I get it- you're in Mexico... but there is a ton of Mexican food and little of anything else. I would probably say we had the best experience at Spice. There's no steak house or late night pizza which is what my husband really enjoys. :) Also, while there is a "stocked" mini bar in your room... that means a few juices and 4 beers. You can't order a bottle of wine which I have an issue with. There is also no swim up bar, so you have to depend on the pool service to get a drink.

However, all of the rooms have ocean views, and it's really easy to get around the hotel. Here's the worst part. I apparently am a dumb idiot and didn't realize they were being pushy and wanted to sell us a time share. I was interested to learn about the other resorts, and I had no idea I was walking into a snake pit. Don't believe them for one second when they say their presentation is "no pressure," and it will only take 90 minutes including breakfast. My husband was more than pissed at me when I signed us up... but I convinced him saying they would have mimosas and it would be a limited time commitment. It was not.

It was over two hours of constant pressure.. and it was borderline offensive. The guy actually told us "wow for someone so non committal... I can't really figure out why you bought a house." Well, let's see. If I can't afford my house payement, I will just sell my house being that it appreciates in value. Justifying a 40K downpayment up front just for discounts on vacations for the rest of my life is a different story. Yes, I said 40K.

The last two years have been good to us being that we have been able to travel but who knows what's going to happen in the next 5. I'd never hand someone 40K and hope for the best.

All in all, it was an affordable vacation and we had a good time. I think Secrets is okay if you want to vacation in Mexico and do the all inclusive thing... but after this.... I'd say go the extra mile and go to a Sandals. We just returned from Sandals, and honestly nothing can compare to how fantastic that resort chain is. Especially now that we've been to Secrets.

Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Marissa G
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

The ups out way downs, The only true down was bland food well better to say hit-or-miss... but i added downs to give you full experience of what to expect...Please read all.
Added tons of pics too!

Ill start with the ups!! :)
Amazingly beautiful hotel!!
1. AMAING SERVICE! I felt spoiled, room was always clean, service was OVER THE TOP, never had to wait long for drinks or food or anything. Always had fresh towels at the pools (which are amazing). The staff always gets the door for you, luggage, everything.... non-stop service with smiles and never once an attitude or a huff or anything. THEY TRULY CARE!!!!!!!
2. The pools, beach and views! The hotel is just incredible!
3. The balconies on every room, just awesome!
4. Very clean bathrooms (the public ones)
5. Expansive space, although they may have a lot of guests, never felt like it
6. business center for use.
7. AMAZING rooms! Large, beautiful and cozy.
8. shuttle to and from airport was included.
9. Beautiful grounds, very clean, very well kept...!
10. quiet, no loud kids or wild over the top people from what I noticed, just a fun, relaxed, nice group.

The cons:
1. No free wifi
2. food was very bland bland from what I was expecting, however, THE SERVICE MADE UP FOR IT! I recommend the pool food/bars (every item on pool menu was great) and the events they host (that food) and Spice the Hibachi and Sushi. Make sure to order mexican coffee at the hibachi table.
3. Very firm beds!!
4. The heat was insane, and not many places to relax and cool off, other than your room, where my air condition did not go below 72, my guests rooms cooled better.
5. shuttle to Los Cabos (quite expensive) You have to use taxi services.. roughly 30.oo (for two) each way.
6. rough towels!
7. expensive spa
8.YOU CAN NOT SWIM ON THE BEACHES! Rough water, bad currents!

Overall- I fell in love! I will be staying at other secrets resorts! One guest only stays at Secrets, he said the food was OK here but amazing at other secrets resorts. I CANNOT WAIT FOR MY NEXT STAY!!!! INCREDIBLE!!!!!! Many guests who have stayed at other places loved it here. We spent almost our whole time in the pools, but for excursions there is an amazing team of concierge, use their recommendations!

Room Tip: Ocean view is best, higher floors, better views. I was on floor three and outstanding views. goes up...
1 Thank exploerer1
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
#7 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,305 reviews
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#10 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,897 reviews
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#4 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,893 reviews

Been to Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!