“Such A Treat!”

Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I have been to Cabo several times - each time staying at a different resort. This time we chose Secrets Marqius.

We decided to spend a bit more and upgrade our stay to a Private Pool Casita. This was an excellent choice! It was as if we had a beautiful condo on the resort property! The only thing missing was a full kitchen. However, we didn't need a full kitchen, as there was 24/7 room service featuring the BEST FOOD we have ever had at a resort, as well as FANTASTIC MEALS in all the restaurants! My husband and I are picky eaters, and the food staff went out of their way to accommodate all our wishes. The presentation of most dishes was truly amazing.

I teach yoga, and was so pleased to find the guest yoga instructors were excellent, highly qualified teachers. The yoga classes were outside, which was warm and sweaty, which was GREAT! The gym was clean, modern and always very cool inside. We never had any wait for cardio or weight equipment.

Each day our room service breakfast would arrive exactly as ordered, within a minute of our requested time. Our suite was made up daily with many, many special touches. Our private pool was always cool and refreshing with fresh towels on the lounge chairs. Our room's air conditioners cooled the rooms way, way down, which was amazing in the 90 degree heat. Our patio doors recessed into the walls for an "indoor/outdoor" feel to our suite which was fantastic!

The resort itself is beautiful, although it is not new or modern looking. The beachfront location is marvelous, with the sound of the crashing waves lulling us to sleep each night.

Our private concierges, Noe and Francisco, took fantastic care of us from our first step onto the property until our last day, when we found out our flight was delayed 3 hours. Not only were we welcomed to stay in our suite during this delay time, but we were well fed and our airport transportation was rescheduled for us!

Every member of the resort team was very friendly, polite, and so helpful - we would definitely go back again!

Room Tip: If you can spend the extra money, get one of the Private Pool Casitas. The pool is not "privat...
7  Thank DeDeDaniels
Ankara A, General Manager at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at Secrets Marquis Los Cabos. What a joy it is to know you found so much to love about our resort. It is a privilege to serve our guests and make every aspect and every minute of their stay comfortable, special, and perfect. I am delighted to know we were able to accomplish that during your visit. I would like to thank you for all your positive remarks as they offer our entire team great motivation and reward for their hard work. We will be thrilled to welcome you back soon!
General Manger

Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

First... This is a smaller more intimate resort. To start the views around the resort are very breathtaking. We were very surprised to see how pretty the beach was even though you can't swim in the ocean ( which didn't bother us at all)
We came here for our 6 year anniversary being pleasantly surprise with our room ( the casita suite) diffidently worth the upgrade, and on atop of that you pretty much have an on call concierge any time you need anything in your room. The suite maybe be the nicest room we've ever stayed in, the roof top pool is incredible, and ads to he even better views. The staff and everyone goes above and beyond to make the stay here unforgettable

Food... All I can stay is the food is good not great, breakfast is mainly buffet style they give you a menu but it mostly all on the buffet line it can get a bit repetitive wish they had more options. Lunch again not many options but everything we had was good. The best restaurant we found was Canto Del Mar but it by far was the smallest restaurant being a small restaurant was a lil disappointing that we had to sit outside. Everyone raves about Spice but be found it to be the worst.( greasy Chinese food , and bad sushi ) We've been to one other all inclusive, and have to stay that the quality of the food was better there.

Now some negatives......
Zero nightlife. There is only one bar open till 1 am and it's a pretty lame one, the only night life is every night they put on some type of corny festival ( which we never attended) and closes at 10pm

Beachfront dinner only negative they show on the brochure a but pretty sit up for the dinner and I took us any hour to get our champagne, only one guy working 2 tables you would think things would have run little more smoothly All the being said it is a very romantic evening ( we suggest doing it at sunset )

This place is so close to being great we enjoyed our time but it's a bit chessy and boring for a 4 star resort

Room Tip: Casita suite has a lot more sun time the honeymoon suits and is closest to an ocean front room
3  Thank MnsDoss

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing Secrets Marquis Los Cabos for your 6th anniversary celebration. I am delighted to know that our breathtaking views, pristine beach and your private Casita all added to your enjoyment. It also makes me proud that my team was able to make your experience unforgettable! I do regret, however, that despite all the positive aspects, there were a couple of areas, where you may not have experienced the best we have to offer. On your next visit, I would like to invite you to explore our a-la-carte breakfast options as I am sure you’d enjoy the variety and flavors. At lunch, in order to savor more of our specialties, I recommend Dos Mares for excellent seafood, Vista Ballenas for Mexican and International cuisine and The Barefoot Grill for casual poolside fare. I’m glad you enjoyed our Award-winning French Restaurant Canto Del Mar, and I’m sure you’ll be able to enjoy this experience in the intimate interior next time (if by any chance there is no availability inside the restaurant, we can deliver you a beeper that will ring as soon as there is availability, I would suggest enjoying an aperitif at the Suspiro Bar while you’re waiting, it does not take that much.). I also hope your future experiences at our other restaurants will be perfect and truly representative of the quality food and service we are known for.
For more late-night options, I would suggest our weekly Pub Crawl that makes it easy to explore Cabo San Lucas’ famous bar scene with plenty of live music and fantastic party ambiance.
We hope to welcome you again one day and deliver the GREAT experience you deserve.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My now wife and I went to the Secrets Marquis for our honeymoon, after having gone to the Secrets in Puerto Vallarta last year. Overall it is a beautiful property, the staff is great, and the food and drink delicious. I do, however, have a few complaints:
1. The pool was too warm and jacuzzi too cold. It's 90 degrees and very humid in Cabo in August and the pool could have been more refreshing. The jacuzzi out by the pools is basically the same temperature, which bugs me. There are jacuzzis in the spa that are at the appropriate temperature, so I assume this is a ploy to get you to spend money in their ridiculously overpriced spa. ($350 for a 50 minute couples massage)
2. You have to pay for wifi and it crashes out frequently. There are no clear instructions on how to set it up or reboot it, and that should be an easy fix. Secrets - provide written instructions (in English) and troubleshooting tips to reduce guest frustration!
3. There are no prices on the spa menu in the room. Probably because it will give people a heart attack, but come on Secrets, we're going to find out anyway.
4. The bed was hard as a rock! I admit that I am spoiled by our tempurpedic bed at home, but this was the most uncomfortable hotel bed I can ever remember. To their credit, they did add 2 pillow top pads after I complained, and that did the trick, but unless you like a super firm mattress, address this before your first night's sleep.
5. There was a room service tray left outside a room in our hallway for, NO JOKE, 20 straight hours. I asked 3 times to have it removed before it finally was. I guess the staff is used to people using the box thing by the door, but if you see trays of dirty plates with flies around it, PICK IT UP! There is already a fly problem there, and this certainly didn't help. I walked by this 10+ times going to my room from the pool, dinner, gym, etc and it just got me more and more mad every time I saw it.
6. The beach outside the hotel is beautiful, but the shorebreak is so strong that you can't go in the ocean right outside the hotel. This isn't Secrets' fault, but just a reason why I wouldn't come back to this particular property.
7. Last, but certainly not least, is something that IS entirely in Secrets control. There is NO SWIM UP BAR HERE!!! The property in PV has a great swim up bar that made was very conducive to meeting new people, but not here in Cabo. They have plenty of places it could go, so make it happen Secrets!

Room Tip: It appears that all are ocean view, but obviously the higher the better. We were in a "junior...
3  Thank Scott D
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The resort is only about 7 months old and was absolutely beautiful and so clean. We were greeted with a glass of champagne and the most courteous staff I've ever met. Everyone was beyond friendly and helpful and worked very hard. The pool was lovely and the food was all delicious. The only negative (I'm being picky) is that there is only one bar open after 11pm and they need another bartender at the swim up pool because so many people order mixed drinks and it takes a while. Also restaurants don't open until 6:30/7 and they keep one closed every other day during the off season.
We were there in August and it was relatively quiet. It was in the upper 80's but breezy every day. NO problem getting a seat by the pool. EVERYTHING was included (wifi, room service, a ride to your room on the golf cart) but tips were also greatly appreciated. Lots of fun activities going ton throughout the day (included) and bands at night. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have access to the pool. It is close to the beach but about a 15 minute wa...
2  Thank LysieBen
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a lovely, smaller resort but lacks A/C except in the guest rooms. There is only one bar to go to at night and it is not air conditioned and is set up in a way that it doesn't even get a breeze if the wind is blowing. This is not a resort to go to during the hot and humid summer months. The food is pretty good for an all-inclusive with Spice being the restaurant of choice by everyone we talked to. There is no swim up bar but the staff by the pool is wonderful and very responsive in getting you all the drinks and food you could want. A special shout out for Edgar and Mauricio who were exceptional in their service. We met a large group there who Edgar took fantastic care of for the many hours we were all at the pool. We were rarely without drinks at any time.

Room Tip: try to be on the third floor or higher.
1  Thank worldtraveler0833
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We went here for our Honeymoon, first time for both of us to go to Cabo. We absolutely loved it, cannot get any better than all adults and all inclusive. All of the restaurants on property were excellent, and we certainly took advantage of the 24 hour room service. The front desk staff went above and beyond for us to help get cabs and set up reservations for different activities in the area. We were impressed that they have different activities to do at the hotel, such as volleyball, and yoga. We enjoyed that the beaches were not crowded, and if up before 10:00am, always a prime spot by the pool available. It was perfect for our first vacation as a married couple!

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Secrets Marquis. We are honored to have been the host of your first vacation as a married couple! I am glad that our adults-only all-inclusive concept offered the perfect setting for your honeymoon. I am also delighted that you enjoyed our restaurants, room service and activities, and that our staff was able to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We look forward to welcoming you back for your wedding anniversaries for many years to come.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I think this is close to a 5 star resort but not there, maybe 4.5. The food was very good but not consistently excellent. The service was great and the staff was as nice as you will find, always willing to help out or get you something. Rooms and grounds are clean and very nice.

Here are a few of the minor issues that could be improved on.
- There is no place other then your room or a restaurant to be indoors. It’s great to be outside on vacation but with a temp of 90+ with 90%+ humidity an indoor, bar, lounge, etc would be nice. Coffee shop during the day has AC but no place at night.
- WiFi is pathetic. To rub it in they charge you for WiFI that is about the same speed as dial up 20 years ago. The coffee shop has the worst Wi-Fi any ware on site.
- Spa prices are price gouging even for a high-end resort.

Tip – Go to Spice and order the Mexican coffee and ask them to do the presentation at the table. Vey impressive 4 glass tower, flames, sparks and a good show.

3  Thank travelmarkCA