“Doesn't disappoint!”

Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

I was lucky enough to spend 3 nights at las ventanas. Definitely not enough. Just stepping on the property is a treat! From the welcome at the airport to the welcome margarita at check-in, all is great. The rooms are beautiful, and we has a butler we were able to call for our every need. My husband and I were so spoiled. We would call the butler in the morning and within 15 minutes, coffee would be in our balcony.

Food was yummy and no complaints about the margaritas either. The attendants at the pool quite truly ran when we got to the pool to set up our chairs and umbrellas and an ice bucket full of water.

Relax, relax, relax. The only complaint, albeit a small one, was the service at the pool bar. It was a crowded weekend and I'm sure this was a bit if the service issue. Our drinks were a bit melted when we were served and it took a bit to get a bartender when we tried to get one. Very small complaint. Who truly cares, when the rest of the experience was perfect!

We truly loved our stay, our 5th I think, and am looking forward to planning our next stay.

I hope everyone could enjoy the experience as much as we did!

• Stayed: October 2012
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Dear Tadr1,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the accommodations and service you received from our Team Members, we are very excited that you truly loved your stay. On the other hand, I would Love to have the opportunity to chat regarding the Service you received at the pool bar, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to your home in “Paraíso” for your 6th visit!

Reviewed 9 October 2012

My wife and I have just returned from our sixth stay at this amazing hotel. The location is spectacular, the food wonderful, but the most noticeable difference that makes this place so unique are the staff and the level of service that you experience from start to finish. Yes for the price you expect good service but this is consistently unlike anything we've enjoyed elsewhere, even in the wonderful Asian Aman resorts. Already booked our return trip next year!

2  Thank LondonJonny

Dear London Jonny,
Thank you for having taken the time to share this wonderful review regarding your stay with us. We are very proud to have earned such wonderful comments.
Looking forward to welcoming you once again to your home in “Paraíso” for your 7th visit!

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Like nothing you have experienced before. My wife and I are well travelled and have stayed at some of the best properties in the world. This hotel has it all. Amazing service, location, rooms and food.

You will never go anywhere else after experiencing this hotel. It is expensive so budget around $1,300 per day including accommodation and food. We travelled with our infant staff made it so easy for us. We had access to whatever we needed for the baby.

Sydney, Australia

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Dear Todd4, Thank you so much for your kind comments. All of us here are looking forward to welcoming you back in Paradise, and pampering you and your little one once again!

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I travel frequently and have stayed in other high rated locations, but Las Ventanas is by far the best hotel I have stayed. It was a mini vacation with my wife, and we both enjoyed the hotel. The room was excellent, the service was outstanding all the time, and the attention to detail was also excellent and with good taste. We had a suite - king size, which was very good size and great view, it had a telescope and nice terrace. The hotel is small and mostly couples, the food was very good. This is not a cheap place, but its worth a dollar. I hope you enjoy it.

Room Tip: If you can stay in a second floor suite, it has a private terrace and has great view.
1  Thank MV_Trotamundos
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear MV_Trotamundos,
Thank you for having taken the time to post you review of your recent stay at Las Ventanas al Paraíso! I am truly delighted that we were able to provide you with the best service and accommodations; I will gladly pass along your lovely words to all our team members.

All of us here at Las Ventanas look forward to pampering you again in the warm and sunny shores of the Sea of Cortes!

Reviewed 2 October 2012

My husband and I have stayed at many amazing resorts and were truly blown away by our experience at the Las Ventanas. The service is flawless...the minute you ask for something it arrives. For instance, my husband simply asked in conversation, "so can you fish on the beach here." The gentleman responded, "I'm not sure." and in exactly 3 minutes there was a fishing pole delivered to our room. Another example, we selected a movie from their DVD collection and as we were walking back to our room to watch it, the butler for our room (every room has a private butler) was waiting for us with a freshly popped bowl of popcorn. Another example- they clean your sunglasses while you are lounging by the pool. Another example- they constantly walk around the pool and bring you treats, like freshly squeezed juices, ice cream, frozen grapes. Another example- they have a sewing kit made just for you- based on the color of clothes in your closet. The dining experience is amazing!! There is a waiter per table and they meet your every need. Your water glass will never reach half empty because they constantly fill it. They will make you anything you crave. Basically, at the Las Ventanas, all you have to do is simply ASK and they will grant your every wish!!
I can not say enough about this resort. You definately have to stay in a room with a roof top terrace and contact the romance department to "sleep under the stars." It was the most amazing experience. When we left, my husband and I hugged everyone and knew all the staff by name. We felt like we had known them for years. And to top it all off, when we got to Cabo airport to fly back home, a staff from Las Ventanas greeted us curb side, grabbed our luggage and took care of our check in. I have stayed at the Esperanza, the One and Only Palmilla and all I can say is that the Las Ventanas is in a league of its own! Yes, it is expensive but it is truly worth every dime.

Room Tip: ocean view with roof top terrace
4  Thank susanSmith123

Dear SusanSmith123, Thank you for your review of Las Ventanas al Paraíso! We are thrilled to read your lovely words, especially regarding the service you received from our team members! We hope you will give us the opportunity to pamper you again in Paradise! Hasta Pronto!!

Reviewed 23 September 2012

We stayed for 4 nights and we were seeking relaxation and good food. The ambience, food and service were simply the best we've ever experienced, (e.g. Would you like a refreshing towel? Can I clean your sunglasses for you? ... and without being asked the staff around the pool would bring fresh ice, water and cool evian spray and also move the umbrella to keep us shaded).

1  Thank ms2020
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Dear ms2020,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are truly delighted to hear that you had the "Best Resort experience ever".

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Las Ventanas al Paraíso very soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Just returned from a wedding in Cabo and stayed at Las Ventanas Al Paraiso. This is truly a wonderful place to stay. From the time I arrived at the property, where I was greeted by 5 staff people and a margarita, to the time I left, I was treated like a queen. The staff couldn't do enough for me and I felt as if they really meant it when they said it would be their pleasure. There isn't much I didn't love about this hotel. The grounds are lovely and very well maintained, the rooms are well appointed. I stayed in an oceanfront rooftop terrance junior suite. The view was unbelievable and going to sleep each night to the sound of the ocean was spectacular! I love the added touches in the room also; like the insenses in the bathroom or being able to see the ocean from the soaking tub in the bathroom. The tequila that they give you complimentary for tasting was great.

I ate at all of the reataurants and the only complaint I have is that they need more restaurants. The food was fabulous and again, the service was great, even for a large group. I think my most enjoyable meal was drinking tequila and eating sushi at the tequila bar my first night. Since I was a solo traveller, I didn't arrange for dining on the beach, but I did see some couples and groups taking advantage of this and it looked very romantic, right down to the candle lit path to the table. There was a beach party as part of the wedding festivties, and it was very well done. Counches and tables all sit up for us right on the sand and again, the food and drinks were the best. Small complaint was we had to end at 11 but everyone wanted to keep going.

The exercise room and spa were great. The equipment was well maintained and I didn't have a problem getting on any of it. The spa is small, be well appointed. I had a fusion massage for 90 minutes and felt like butter afterwards. It was one of the best massages I ever had! The hotel has a few swimming pools to choose from. One of the wedding guest had a 3 bedroom villa which comes with a pool, and I found myself spending a lot of time there. It was very nice. The swim up bar is a nice touch also. But these are not great pools for swimming laps. Also, while the beach was nice (especially after the sun goes down), the waters surrounding the hotel are not swimable. There might be other areas in Cabo where the waters are safer to swim in, but not near this hotel.

While everything was more than i had expected, it does come at a price. I think I needed a maragrita when I got my final bill :). But I knew going there it would be expensive and didn't let it spoil the fun. If I was looking for a regular hotel experience, I could have stayed at the Hilton next door (nice hotel too however), but this was an exceptional experience and a costly one. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone (maybe not those with kids, although the staff does make them feel welcome), especially those on a honeymoon or getting married. But if you are the type that will get upset about $35 for fish tacos or $40 for breakfast, then you shouldn't stay here. But for me, it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: If possible get one of the beachfront suites
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank DeeJon
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear DeeJon,
It was very kind of you to take the time to write such a lovely and detailed review of your recent visit to Las Ventanas al Paraíso. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our accommodations and service you received from our Team Members.
All of us at Las Ventanas truly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and enjoy a delicious Margarita and Sushi!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
#3 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Grand Velas Los Cabos
Grand Velas Los Cabos
#1 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!