“Consistently excellent in every aspect”

Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We have had two exceptional stays, form arrival to departure! Both times service was outstanding, food was outstanding, spa services were outstanding, rooms were outstanding. Acoustic guitar outside while we ate dinner! I have yet to find any resort that even comes close to Las Ventanas.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 908alis

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed at a Rosewood resort in Playa del Carmen last year and had a great experience, so when we decided to go to Cabo this year we booked at Las Ventanas. We had the best time. Where else could you attend a Super Bowl beach party complete with goal posts and watch humpback whales jumping in the Sea of Cortez at the same time. I swear this is true.

The location, facilities and weather were fantastic. We had a beautiful and well appointed suite, and the pool and beach facilities were great.

But the thing that set this resort above was the staff. They were without exception well trained, genuinely friendly and universally proud to be working at this resort. The resort has been open for 16 years, and we met staff who had been there since inception. They have a wonderful practice of awarding annual pins to staff who wear them proudly. Their pride shows through in everything they do.

Here are some notables. Our butlers Brenda and Tzitzi were caring and attentive. Mario Arriaga (Guest Experience Manager?) was seemingly ever-present in addition to being amusing and charming. Oscar Mondragon tutored us in the charms of tequila, and his pride and passion shown through. And, we had a very enjoyable conversation with Chef Guissot who was quite animated and entertaining.

We had a wonderful experience and plan to return.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John A
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Wow and that is an extreme understatement. If you are looking for the ultimate in beauty, relaxation, pampering this is the place. The staff was incredible. The lodging and grounds were beautiful, impeccably maintained and compliment the natural beauty of Cabo. I have just been back two days and am already planning a return trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kathy A
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Kathy A,

We are so pleased to receive such an amazing review and to know that our guests have had an unforgettable experience at Las Ventanas a Paraiso. Thank you for visiting us!
We hope you plan a return trip soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 February 2014

It has taken me a month to write this, simply because I keep bursting into tears every time I log on and look at the pictures, at my sadness that our holiday is over! I have also never written a review before but I am compelled to write about Las Ventanas. We stayed mid-December for our Honeymoon. Coming from London takes some effort with an overnight in LA first (3 hours to get out of the airport..) and then the trip down but I cannot tell you how terrific it is. From the second we arrived the friendly, courteous staff could not do enough. I have so many examples of service going above and beyond the expected, our favoured beds being all ready for us after breakfast by the pool, staff waiting to hand us some chilled water on the beach after our morning walk, rose ice cubes made especially for glass of wine around the pool. The surroundings are beautiful but that is a given, the rooms are spacious and equipped with everything you could possibly need or want. It is mind mind-bogglingly pricey but we knew this! For a once in a lifetime place I am so lucky to have experienced it. (I really hope my Husband reads this and starts saving for our ten year anniversary!!) It is paradise.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed good. Ours was perfect, overlooking the natural pool on ground level.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChloeRose79

Dear ChloeRose79,

We are truly honored that you chose Las Ventanas al Paraiso to spend your honeymoon – and that you have flown all the way from London. We are glad it was worth it! We also hope that you come visit us for your next anniversary celebration! We will make sure you have another unforgettable experience in our little paradise.

Hasta pronto!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

To make the review more informative, I'm 34 and my girlfriend is 25. We were both looking for a break from the Seattle gray after some really long weeks working. I spent a few hours researching hotels as we've never been to Cabo and I stumbled upon this place. Oh. My. God. It's insane. We opted to get picked up by the car service since we didn't know what the taxis were like in Mexico (had never been). Suffice it to say, if you're going via taxi it looked more legit than it does back home. Anyway we had a car pick us up and not only did they have beers waiting for us, but the car had wifi! Wish the taxis in Seattle had that. Upon arrival everyone knew our name and we had a free 10 minute massage, some tequila and a foamy margarita. The room had a decent sized bottle of some of the best tequila I've had provided gratis (it's Clare Azul, brought some home). No burn at all. Smooth sipping stuff. The pools were awesome. We loved swimming up to the full bar and sitting in the submerged stools drinking our beverages. The service was INSANE. Super attentive but not fake or forced and not overbearing or too much in your face. At first I balked at the 15% resort fee but then I realized that the point of that is you don't have to tip anyone (except the restaurant staff, par for the course, although it's already factored into the bill, an automatic 15%. Which is under the standard 20% back home). We were there for super bowl weekend and it was awesome! They set up a big area with multiple TVs and a big projector screen for us to watch on. Everyone was great, from our butler Omar, to the driver we had both ways, to the cleaning staff. Note that at the restaurants (at least the Sea Grill), you can make up an order if it's not on the menu. For example, I had shrimp tacos one night, no issue there. I've stayed in some nice places in LA (Sunset Marquis, Sofitel, and, uh, some other one in Beverly Hills near the BOA Steakhouse on Sunset) and New York (Trump SoHo) and elsewhere abroad and I have to say, this was the best ever. The only downside? Now I don't want to go to another hotel. This was our first trip to Cabo and on our next one back we'll definitely be revisiting them.

Room Tip: We had the ocean view residence, room 2401. It was huge with a giant patio and a smaller deck too. G...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank architekt909
Reviewed 2 February 2014

As soon as we arrived we were blown away by the resort, it's so beautiful and the staff really welcoming. Our room was amazing, the fine details in decoration and designer toiletries all added to the experience. We had a jacuzzi and lovely seating area overlooking the ocean. The roof Terrence had two loungers and seating area also over looking the oceon which was just stunning. We could Whale and dolphin watch from our room using the telescope provided- spectacular! On the downside cost of food and drink is very high especially as you have 15% added on for service and then taxes on top of that! Athough expensive at the same time they are generous with bottled water (constant supply) grapes, Evian Water Sprays to cool you down, fruit lollies with real fruit pieces, cocktails and fruit juices all free of charge! Plus on arrival we also had a fine bottle of Tequila curtesy of the Hotel which we had much fun drinking in the jacuzzi while eating the nuts and chocolates in the order they are meant to go with the Tequila! The hotel even wrapoed the empty bottle for us to take home as a suvenior as we intend to use it for olive oil as it's so pretty. The gardens are immaculate, the whole resort is so tidy and clean and the decor and layout perfect. Kristell and Victor who were our butlers for our stay were very accomadating, professional and genuinely nice friendly people who made our stay even more special. We loved the resort and whole experience and we would to back again.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Racey198,
We appreciate you have taken the time to write a review about your stay in paradise and we are glad to know that you enjoy the Clase Azul Tequila and the tasting – good idea on using the bottle for olive oil! We are truly fortunate to be able to watch dolphins and whales passing by the resort in the Sea of Cortez, and we love sharing this amazing experience with our dear guests. I will make sure to pass along your nice comments regarding the staff, specially your butlers Kristell and Victor.
Hope you can visit Las Ventanas al Paraiso again!
Hasta pronto!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Fantastic hotel. Unparalleled service - however you're really paying for it. My main complaint is the cost of the food and beverage. It seems like they're attitude is that now that they have you at the hotel, you're really going to pay. Part of the problem is that the Mexican tax has risen from 11% to 16% (a HUGE increase that could really hurt travel to Cabo). When you couple that with the "automatic" 15% service charge that Las Ventanas adds to each and every bill, you're paying 31% over and above any posted pricing. So, for example, a glass of Chardonnay (that is overpriced to begin with at $24.00 per glass), now costs you $31.44. The wine offered doesn't cost that much for the entire bottle back home. My wife and I also had a hot dog and a coke each one afternoon sitting at the pool. When they brought the bill I was shocked to see that 2 hot dogs and 2 cokes cost $52.60. Great hotel, but expect to really pay once you're there.

Room Tip: Our room was nice and quiet - I don't think there's a bad room to be had.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
The Resort at Pedregal
The Resort at Pedregal
#3 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!