“Anniversary at Las Ventanas”

Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was our 7th stay at this over the top resort. We splurged and booked the OF 1 BR Suite on the very end. On the 2nd day, We asked Mario for a tour of the new units on the Beachfront and the palatial new Presidential Suite. OMG, we immediately asked for an upgrade to the new BF Villas, and of course our butler, Saul, made it happen. We have stayed at top notch resorts around the world, but, hands down, this is the nicest resort ever. We found our spot in the two lounge chairs overlooking a massive private pool and spa, and virtually on top of the breaking waves of the Sea of Cortez. Planned dinners out were quickly cancelled as we simply didn't want to leave the suite, which at 3800 square feet or so, felt like a palace for two. And the new units went high tech, with automatic everything, even the master toilet. iPads to control things and look at menus, which we used extensively to order in room dining of food from the Sea Grill and main Retaurant. Amazing! We come back every two years but now can't wait to bring our adult children for the next celebration. The staff left nothing unturned, Saul was an amazing butler! Brian D.

Room Tip: Check out the resort map in location on the website before you book. They won't guarantee anythi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian D
MDLasVentanas, Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Brian D,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and for keep choosing Las Ventanas al Paraíso. We are glad you decided to try the experience at our new villas and that you totally enjoyed it! I will pass your comment to Saul, he will be happy to read it!

We are looking forward to welcome you and your family to celebrate in your little piece of Paradise!
Hasta pronto!

Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here on honeymoon ... WOW is all that we can say.
The location and bedrooms are simply stunning. The smallest little details are thought about and catered for . The toiletries are beautiful Bulgari. The Spa where we indulged in many treatments over our 10 days was outstanding. There are so many good things to say about Las Ventanas... You only have to look at all the other reviews on here to see other guests saying the same things over and over again. The STAFF are what really make Las Ventanas outstanding , never once did we see or speak to anyone who worked there who seemed to be having a bad day ....! Whatever they have for breakfast we should all have .....Tequila maybe .... :-) well done to Daniel Scott and all of his team. We shall return. We only wish we could fly directly from UK .

Room Tip: Sea view definately....
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissAtlas
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear MissAtlas,

Thank you for choosing Las Ventanas al Paraíso to spend such an important occasion as your Honeymoon! We are glad you and your husband enjoyed every single corner of the property and every detail of your stay. All the team members here at Las Ventanas love to pamper you and make of every moment something memorable for you, we are glad we could achieve

We hope to welcome you back soon to Paradise!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

So- let me start by admitting I am an elitist... A hotel elitist that is. I am rather snobbish when it comes to my accommodations and because of this- I really do research before staying at a hotel, especially on vacation...when I am paying for said hotel.... Now that that is out of the way...

I planned a special birthday surprise for my boyfriend for his 35th birthday- after some research and recommendations from other hotel snobs- I decided on Las Ventanas al Paraiso- and boy was that a great decision.

Upon arrival we were greeted with a cupcake with a single candle as well as a shot of margarita foam. These small touches set the tone for our entire trip. I won't bore you with every detail of our trip (just know every detail is fantastic and if you twisted my arm I'd happily gush about the suite, the service, our two outstanding butlers (Karlah and Aaron, who I wish I could bring home) our favorite server Miguel, the amazing food, the tasty drinks, and the breathtaking views)

I will, however, tell you about the dinner on the beach and movie under the stars.
We were whisked to our own private cabana where they had decorated the sand, laid out candles and really made it romantic- we had an amazing dinner while the sun set- then were escorted a few feet away to our very own cinema under the stars. It was AHHHHmazing!

Our movie ran long (ok, to be honest me and my guy kept chatting, missing parts, rewinding, laughing, counting stars) so at 11p (which is the time your supposed to be done) we thought Miguel (or Migey as we know refer to him, like he's an old friend of the family) was going to come tell us to wrap it up, bc it was 11 and he was done for the night and they clearly told me I had to be done by 11pm- but NO! He indeed came, but only to bring us champagne. Our movie ended up lasting til close to midnight and never once did he complain or make us feel rushed. He made sure we were happy- and that was worth every cent spent!

As an added testament to how much I loved the place- we ended up extending our stay an additional day, our said butlers helped make all of our changes- and as soon as I arrived back to LA- I cancelled a trip I had previously planned at Capella Pedregal and REBOOKED another trip to Las Ventanas for this coming August. When asked by my friends why I did that- my only thought was- Why mess with perfection!

They earned my business in every way and now they have a customer for life. Viva Las Ventanas!

Room Tip: All the suites are great. We stayed in 404. Hoping to stay in a different room in August!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jazzyjwow

Dear Jazzyjwow,

Thank you very much for this beautiful comment and for choosing Las Ventanas al Paraíso to celebrate your boyfriend's 35th Birthday! We are truly glad you enjoyed every single detail of your stay. All the team members at Las Ventanas love to pamper you and make of every moment something special and unforgettable for you. We are delighted to know we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. I will pass your comment to Karla, Aaron and Miguel, they will be happy to read it.

We are excited to welcome you back again in Paradise to keep pampering you!

Resort manager

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We just returned today from Las Ventanas. You will never stay another place with better service. The staff is amazing and always eager to help. The food is outstanding and you will never be disappointed! The rooms are spacious, very clean and offer every amenity you can possibly think of. The spa is so nice. My facialist Celia was wonderful and gave me one of the best facials I have ever had. My pedicure from Zuri was perfect. The spa employees are So polite and go out of their way to make you comfortable. The pool staff is incredible! They wait on you hand and foot and the service is nothing for first class. I have stayed at Las Ventanas probably 6-7 times and it just keeps getting better! We will be going back in October for our anniversary and I cannot wait!

Room Tip: Beachfront is always nice but any room there is FABULOUS!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cynthia M
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Cynthia M,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review of Las Ventanas al Paraíso! We are delighted we could welcome you back again to Las Ventanas and pamper you one more time! We are always striving to make of every stay a unique and memorable experience. I will pass your comments to Celia and Zuri, they will be glad to know you enjoyed your treatments.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Paradise to celebrate your Anniversary!
Hasta pronto!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I are well travelled and have stayed in some wonderful hotels but
this resort was by far the best. Paradise!

From pick up from the airport in an air conditioned car, with chilled water, sweeties, selection of music, the excellent service continued. Complimentary neck/shoulder massage at the wonderful spa on arrival, introduction to our private butler, who was on hand day and night. Our accommodation was so wonderful we hardly left it, only to eat out at one of the three restaurants, which were all excellent. We had a private dinner on the beach the last evening, which was truly memorable. We can't wait to return. Certainly a special place, leaving a special place
in our hearts.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a Roof Terrace suite with jacuzzi (room. no. 608). Everything amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bubbs87

Dear bubbs87,

Thank you very much for sharing this beautiful comment! We are delighted to know that you and your husband had a wonderful experience during your stay! Every team member at Las Ventanas loves to provide you with the greatest service, we love to pamper you and make of every moment an unforgettable memory. We keep a special place in our hearts for you and we hope to have you back soon in your little Paradise!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

While we did not stay at the hotel, we were told to at least have a meal there. We are so glad we did! The grounds are pristine, the meal was the best we had in cabo by far, and the service is top notch.

Best of all, Marco, the concierge gave us a tour of the property following our meal. He could not have been more accommodating, informative, and friendly. We can't wait to return!! We will definitely be staying at the resort.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank beachbume

Dear beachbume,
Thank you very much for passing by to Las Ventanas al Paraíso for dinner! We are glad you loved the property and the food! We hope you can give us the opportunity to pamper you here in Paradise for your next visit to Cabo!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is well laid out on a beautiful beach overlooking the ocean. Lovely rooms too. The service at this hotel exceeded all my expectations. Best service, everywhere within the hotel. Restaurants, spa, butler, & concierge. A truly lovely experience. Cannot recommend enough.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank vannature

Dear vannature,

Thank you for your review on our property! We are happy to know we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the whole experience at Las Ventanas al Paraíso!
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon in Paradise!

Resort Manager!

Grand Velas Los Cabos
Grand Velas Los Cabos
#1 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#5 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!