“Incredibly outstanding”

Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Indy
“Incredibly outstanding”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just stayed at this resort and it was incredible. Great resort with the best service we have ever received anywhere!!! I was floored with their attention to details as well. The food was incredible, especially dining in their cave or having a private beach dinner. Thanks to everyone that works their....from the ride from the airport, to our Butlers, Joel and Jamie to all the staff at the beach, waiters and waitresses, housekeeping etc. Best ever!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Lvti
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Lvti,

Thank you so much for staying at Las Ventanas al Paraíso! It makes us really happy to know that you had a wonderful stay full of special and unforgettable moments. Every family member here at Las Ventanas al Paraíso loves to pamper you and make of your stay a delightful experience for you. I will pass your comment to Joel and Jaime, they will be glad to read it!

Looking forward to welcome you again in Paradise!

Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Absolutely loved this hotel, everything was perfect, our room was spacious with great views, the spa was extremely nice. The food was really good. The service was spectacular and we just loved the entire trip. Although we did not stay for long the time was really relaxing, thanks to the entire staff for never wanting anything

Room Tip: ALL of them
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JMoss1122
Dear JMoss1122,

Thank you for sharing your comments! We are truly glad to know that your experience at Las Ventanas al Paraíso was perfect! We put a great effort to make of your stay a special and memorable trip to cherish and it makes us happy to know we achieved to exceed your expectations.

Looking forward to welcome you again in Paradise!

new york
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Went with my husband to celebrate my 50th birthday and I will never forget it. Besides the food being ultra expensive, I cannot think of any flaws at all. We stayed in a ocean view rooftop terrace suite and it was magnificent! From the moment we stepped onto the property I felt like I was truly somewhere special because whatever direction you looked in, within every inch was something beautifully designed, whether it be the landscape, the view, the furnishings or the architecture. They cannot do enough to make you feel relaxed and comfortable.

There were many highlights like a bell that gently chimes when there are whale sightings in the ocean which you can then view through the private telescope in your room if you wish to. We did and it was incredible. We did the tequila tasting one night and that was a really fun and interesting. The most romantic and special night we had was my birthday dinner on the beach. I have seen this in other resorts and it can be hokey or just ok but this was amazing. They had set up a long candle light pathway for us to walk in the sand to our lovely table set in the sand by a roaring fire pit. No one else was around other than our server who catered to our every need. It was so beautiful! On our last night we went for a change of pace and took a cab into town and had a fun dinner at a place called the office. Other than that by day we just walked the beach sat by the pool and really relaxed. Food at resorts is always very high but we did find this to be exceptionally expensive but if you just get over it, it's a perfect getaway. Very friendly staff and gorgeous surroundings at every turn. Can't wait to return sometime.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jillsy
Dear jillsy,

Thank you very much for choosing Las Ventanas al Paraíso to celebrate your 50th birthday! We are truly glad to know you enjoyed a relaxing and unforgettable experience at Las Ventanas and that we could make of your special celebration a wonderful moment you will cherish forever!

We hope to welcome you back very soon to Paradise!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

If you are looking for a special getaway, or are just used to luxury - this is the place for you. No other hotel company in the world has been able to wow me as much as Rosewood and specifically Las Ventanas. All the physical aspects - property, grounds, room, food, everything was amazing. The service - absolute perfection. Never have I received such humble, gracious and intuitive service. True luxury is making you feel at home while away from your home and Las Ventanas captured it perfectly. I couldn't ask for anything more because everything I could dream of wanting was already arranged for me. Well done Las Ventanas.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong here!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank VacaTime13
Dear VacaTime13,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We are truly glad to know we have exceeded your expectations. We love to know you enjoy every corner of the property, but most of all that you feel at your home away from home because that is our main goal. Every member of Las Ventanas Family puts the heart on pampering you and making you feel special on every moment.

Hope to welcome you back “home” very soon!
Hasta pronto!

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in many luxury beach hotels over the world: Four seasons in Hawaii, Versace in Australia's Golden Coast, the Shore in Thailand, Fontainbleau in Miami, Le Blanc in Cancun, several Mandarin Oriental and 4 Seasons hotels, etc. But I can tell that this one is so far our best beach holiday ever! I've never seen such personalized and attentive customer service anywhere before!
At the airport we we picked up by Mercedes G-class and offered complimentary ice-cold water, Corona Beers and facial towels.
The hotel itself is not really big, but the number of staff looking after the guests is more than 450 (I guess there were only around 200 guests during our stay). Most of the staff members know your name, food preferences and allergies. We had 2 butlers taking care of us during our stay: Edgar was most attentive and proactive. When he booked us restaurants outside of the hotel, he even informed the restaurants about our food allergies.
There were so many small things, that made our stay exceptional: complimentary cake, sweets and romantic bubble bath with roses on our anniversary, complimentary fruit plate every day, one day we also got free beers, on the other there was a small bottle of wine & a cheese plate, cocktails & tacos, and a branded baseball cap from the Director. Several times the Director of the property met us and asked about our feedback on the service we received.
At the pool you get a complimentary big bucket of ice with grapes, water and facial spray when you arrive. During the day you are also offered complimentary juices, ice cream, fruits, sunblock cream and sunglasses cleaning service. The staff proactively move the umbrellas around and change ice in the buckets. Pet owners are also very happy: small dogs get a small kennel and a bowl of water at the restaurant.
The hotel itself is very beautiful: there are around 5 pools, 2 of them-adults only. There are 2 great restaurants with fantastic food and a bar (all waiters and a chef remember about your food allergies). We met the chef of the hotel during several meals & activities like gourmet dinner & cooking class, he a great guy and fantastic chef!
We had a terrace suit with a hot tub on the balcony and a sun terrace on the 2nd floor-great for breakfasts and sunbathing in the afternoon. All cosmetic amenities are Bvlgari.
The hotel offers great activities like cooking class, tequila lesson, beach cinema, gourmet dinner with wine tasting at the cellar, etc. (extra charges apply). There are also yoga classes every morning (for extra charge), so you never get bored. The spa facilities are also great: there is a sauna, hammam, cold and hot tubs. Some of the rooms are open-air which is absolutely fantastic experience. The therapists are very good: me & my husband tried massages, wrapping and pedicure-all treatments were performed professionally.
The only thing that was disappointing: big waves at the ocean, so no swimming was possible (during out whole 8-day stay). Although the view of the waves was scenic, you could only swim in the pools.
I consider ourselves as pretty picky and demanding guests (you can read tens of my reviews), but this time we had absolutely no claims of any kind to the hotel or staff. This was totally fantastic experience from arrival till leaving.
I would also like to point out exceptional and sincere friendliness of all members of staff: they were all there ready to help, smiling, attentive, proactive and polite.
To sum up this is a real beach resort paradise! I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a truly luxury beach holiday. We would be coming back several more times if it had not been sooo far away from our home.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KSB1984
Dear ks_bazhenova,

Thank you very much for this wonderful and detailed review of your stay at Las Ventanas al Paraíso! We are truly glad to know you had a fantastic experience and that you fully enjoyed your stay with us. Every team member at Las Ventanas is always making the greatest effort to make your dreams come true. We love to pamper you and to take care of every detail for you to have the most memorable and delightful experience. It makes us happy to know we exceeded your expectations! I will let Edgar know about your comments, he will be very pleased.

We hope to welcome you back soon in your little piece of Paradise!
Hasta Pronto!

Lexington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband I recently spent 9 nights/10 days at LVP. He is about to start a new job, so to celebrate that and the related move back to the States as well as our 23rd anniversary, we travelled to this wonderful resort and we were blown away.

I admit it - I have been reading about this resort in the tabloids for years as it reportedly is a favourite of Jennifer Aniston. If that's true, I can understand why.

From pick up at the airport (an extra fee, but well worth it) until drop off, the stay was pure perfection. We had booked an ocean view jr suite and were upgraded to an ocean view suite, 508. It was a wonderful room with a second floor tanning deck. While we only used the top deck 4 or 5 times, it was wonderful for star gazing. (Download Skyview Free for your iPhone before going. It named all the constellations and stars that we were seeing, as well as the Hubble and the International Space Station, both which passed by while we were outside!)

Every morning i ran 3 miles on the beach. I felt very safe. It is a difficult beach to run on, so if you're not a seasoned runner, I'd go for a nice walk instead. My husband and I did that after breakfast everyday. He also used the gym in the morning - it was never crowded and is stocked with a few refreshing beverages as well as bottled water.

All the food is delicious. Everything. Having lived in Canada for the past 10 years, we found the portions to be too large - the resort probably caters to Americans. My husband and I often split a lunch item (the lobster burrito was our favourite, as well as the shrimp tacos - beyond compare). Try the pomegranate sangria or the drink made with champagne, tequila and apple slices. You'll love them!!! My husband enjoyed Negra Modela beer.

We alternated eating at the Sea Grill and the Restaurant and enjoyed a delicious dinner in the La Cava. I'm a pescetarian and the restaurants were always prepared to accommodate me.

We took two side trips - a fabulous sailing adventure with Cabo Adventures (10 couples on a boat with 3 service people, including a camerawoman. Best experience like this that we've ever done, and we've done a lot.) We also kayaked to El Arco and snorkelled nearby. Also a great excursion. The hotel arranged both.

We canceled eating at The Market at The One and Only Hotel as two couples that I met at the tequila tasting at LVP said it wasn't worth it. The tasting was, I might add, a highlight of the trip. I am usually a wine drinker only but I feel in love with tequila in Los Cabos! Go tot he tasting and either grab a light snack after or skip dinner as they serve lots of munchies.

This is not a resort for those on a budget - it's comparable in price to Sandy Lane in the Bahamas and Hualali in Kona. Those resorts are now our number 3 and 2 respectively as LVP has taken over as our number 1. The difference? The people. They are the hardest working, friendliest, best in the business. All of the employees went above and beyond, creating special magic for us during our visit. To name one would slight all the others. They are a priceless team.

My husband and I toured other rooms because we would like to go back with our two girls (14 and 20) in February to see the whales. Yes, children are allowed. Would I bring little children? My own, yes. But I would not bring children that don't behave in public. It's not fair to the other guests who have spend a lot of money to take a once in a lifetime holiday. Many Mexicans travel to LVP on holiday and they bring their children who were very well-behaved. I've seen some out of control kids jumping around inappropriately at the Four Seasons Wailea - they were not here and I hope they never come.

If you're looking for perfection, a long, majestic beach for strolling, delicious food and impeccable service, look no more. Seriously. It surpasses the hype.

Room Tip: 508 was lovely. If you can afford the Ocean front suites, book one.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CaseyandRileysMom
Dear CaseyandRileysMom,

Thank you so much for you lovely and detailed review of Las Ventanas al Paraíso! It makes us really happy to know you and your husband enjoyed a wonderful experience during your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed every corner of the property, your suite, the food and the activities and the service. We love to make of your stay something unique and memorable that is why every team member at Las Ventanas is always making the greatest effort to create magical moments for you to cherish forever.

We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to Paradise and keep pampering you as you deserve!
Hasta Pronto!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Beyond belief. You have to see it, breath it, live it to experience just how incredible this place is. The service level is far beyond any 5 star hotel. They really couldn't do more for you. The butler service is superb and you actually get to know these guys as they make your stay the so memorable. The cuisine is out of this world, the margaritas are the best you'll ever taste and make sure you get a tour, if you're not already staying in one, of their new beach side suites, they are beautiful, until that us you see the yet to be opened Presidential suit!! Be prepared to spend money, but it's worth every penny.

Room Tip: The basic rooms are amazing.... No need to say more.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear PLHG,

Thank you very much for your amazing review! We are truly glad you enjoyed every corner of the property, the food, and the service! We are happy to know we could exceed your expectations! Every team member here at Las Ventanas loves to pamper you and make of your stay the most wonderful and memorable experience.

Hope we can welcome you back to Paradise soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
The Resort at Pedregal
The Resort at Pedregal
#3 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,656 reviews

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!