“Window to paradise - so perfectly named!”

Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Las Ventanas practically defies description -- it is THAT incredible! The wonderful food, the spectacular views, and the amazing activities make this luxury hotel a true standout! However, it's the awesome people that make this my absolute favorite resort by a mile! The service is unparalleled, and to say the staff caters to your every whim would not be an overstatement! LV also seems to attract some of the friendliest guests (not to mention celebrities).This is the first vacation my family and I have taken where we definitely were NOT ready to come home. We were beyond pampered: from the spa, beach cinema, private cabanas, and they even accommodated us on a variation of the men in white dinner (we had a private chef cook for our family in the herb garden to celebrate my mother's birthday)!! I cannot find the words to do justice to the magnificence of this heaven on earth -- you simply have to experience it to believe it -- and you will never want to leave!!

3  Thank Elisa S
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Elisa S,

Thank you for choosing Las Ventanas al Paraíso to celebrate your mother’s Birthday! We are very happy to know you had a wonderful experience and that we were able to go beyond your needs and exceed your expectations!

We hope to welcome you and your dear family back soon in Paradise!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We are a couple that travels a lot and stays in 5 star hotels. Based on the reviews we booked the ventanas as our base in cabo. What a deception this turned out to be. The first night we ordered tacos from roomservice. We ate the same and one hour later were both heading regularly to the toilet. After a terrible night where we both did not sleep we went for breakfast. The portuguese F&b manager, joaquim da costa, came over to explain to us that the mexican spices are what did it. My husband explained that we come to mexico regularly and eat at local places all the time. This did not seem to interest him at all. After 3,5 days in bed we went to the hospital, especially because i am 5 weeks pregnant and we thought that it might have something to do with that. Luckily the baby is fine and the hospital detected the food poisoning. They explained that my husband had recovered but that due to the pregnancy my systems could not cope. Later when i spoke to the GM, daniel, he explained to me that according to what Joaquim understood from the hospital it could have been anything!! Obviously he had been to the hospital to cover his own mistake and not help out the patient. And this while we both got sick at the same time from the same food! Actually my husband had been on a business trip and that was out first meal together in 10 days.

Later that evening joaquim came to make a gesture by the hotel: 1 night free. I let it rest until in the middle of the night my husband got annoyed and went to talk to the hotel.

They took away 5 days of holiday, endangered a baby and refused to take responsibility. Next day the GM was finally available and he was defensive at first!! Eventually they agreed to not charge a single peso and we moved out of the hotel.

I can still not imagine how they let us leave!! If i make a mistake like that i will want to make amends no matter what it takes but daniel and joaquim seemed happy to have us leave.

Still hardly able to walk i joined my husband for our move to la esperanza. 2 days here and still not out of bed.

Going back in a few days to amsterdam. A 14 hour flight up and down for 10 days in bed and insulting aftercare by especially joaquim. I hope this review entices readers to make the smart choice and avoid this hotel.

By the way, not even a call to check on us the past two days.

Zahra and Rui Florencio

• Stayed: July 2014
27  Thank Zahra B
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

The well-being of our guests is of paramount importance to us. Therefore, we take these allegations extremely seriously and have looked into this matter extensively. It is unfortunate that you and your husband fell sick during your visit, however, your above statements are inaccurate.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I regularly reflect on my good fortune to have travelled extensively over the years for both work and pleasure. As a result of my travels, I have enjoyed some epic experiences around the world. It really is a privilege, and I don't take it for granted. Having said that, our most recent vacation break was amongst (if not) the best we've experienced.

We stayed four nights at Las Ventanas al Paraiso in Mexico (Cabo San Lucas area), and were stunned at every turn. This isn't a resort, it's a lifestyle! We're talking impeccable attention to detail, wonderful food, beautiful facilities (great gym, outstanding rooms, impeccable pools, and so much more). But what really makes this place is the quality of service - it's gob-smacking. But don't get me wrong, it's not over the top, in fact it's humble and many times discrete - but it's all about anticipating guest needs, and then going a little further to surprise and delight. Not once or twice, but all the time. Service levels are fantastic, every staff member we met was a poster child for polite and professional service. it's a tribute to strong leadership and a positive work ethic - this place has a unique business culture.

I'm trying fault something? Maybe a stronger wifi signal poolside? And you know how ridiculous that sounds - just put the iPad down and relax :)

Yes you're paying a little more, but it's a no regrets decision - and given the high standards is value for money.

Rarely do we vacation at the same place twice, but just tonight a mere few weeks after our return my wife suggested we plan a return visit sometime. And I couldn't agree more.

Room Tip: We had a garden view suite, was fantastic. FWIW, we came across this hotel via TripAdvisor, so it...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jay E
MDLasVentanas, General Manager at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Jay E,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments! We are so glad to know you had a wonderful experience at Las Ventanas al Paraíso! For every team member of Las Ventanas is a lifestyle to take well care of every detail to make of your stay an unforgettable experience. We love to pamper you just like you deserve and to create unique and memorable moments that you will cherish forever.

We hope to welcome you back to your little piece of Paradise!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had booked another #1 Trip Advisor rated resort to try, but we checked out after one night to return "home" to Las Ventanas. The other spot was a beautiful setting and buildings, but the service was just not up to Las Ventanas standards.

We travel frequently and Las Ventanas has consistently been the finest service we have ever enjoyed around the world.

The staff is uniformly excellent in anticipating your needs and even with things that you don't even know you might like, there they are, delivering a world class experience. We have visited twice in the past year, and this trip convinced us to visit more frequently. It is such a peaceful, relaxing, pampering experience, you never want to leave.

Las Ventanas is staffed by experts in paying attention to detail. We could not find a problem with our room, the hotel or the staff. We probably stay in a dozen five star resorts a year, and Las Ventanas is the only place where we could not find anything to improve! It is that well operated and maintained.

There are other very beautiful and highly rated resorts in the Los Cabos area, but I believe the people writing those reviews haven't yet had the pleasure of staying at Las Ventanas. Once you have experienced the service, it is really hard stay anywhere else. We will be back, and sooner next time!

Room Tip: We always enjoy the oceanfront rooms with the outdoor Jacuzzi. The beach is a little calmer and the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim C

Dear Tim C,

Thank you so much for choosing Las Ventanas al Paraíso one more time and for writing this wonderful review! It makes us really happy to know you had a delightful experience during your stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations! We love to pamper you and take care of you, every team member here at Las Ventanas is always making the greatest effort to create special moments for you to cherish forever.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to your “home” in Paradise!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We’ve been to Las Ventanas al Paraíso many times (6-7 times) and needless to say, it’s the best resort in the world. It’s the closest you can get to paradise without actually going there (at least not yet). We had been planning this trip for about 1 ½ years to renew our wedding vows and celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary with friends and family. It was the first visit for our family so we were very excited about showing off this marvelous hidden treasure.
Ximena Perez, Romance Director, Oscar Buendia, our butler and I had been planing the special celebration for a few months prior via internet. Everything I had wished and dreamed for was always possible. To tell you the truth, I never got no for an answer from anyone at Las Ventanas now or ever.
The days leading to the celebration were perfect. Since we had finished planning almost everything, family and friends were able to relax. We got to show them around the area. We ate at the resort several times (the Sea Grill and The Restaurant). The resort has live music every day, my favorite is Salsa night (Thursdays) with a wonderful authentic Cuban band. We ate at “Agua”- One and Only Palmilla which was very nice. We also had dinner in San Jose (El Tequila which was great) and Cabo San Lucas (Edith, very good). The night we dined at San Lucas, the young ones stayed there and went shopping & clubbing and had a great safe time.
During the day we did two activities: Todos Santos and private sailing. We visited Todos Santos and had lunch there at Cafe Santa Fe (it was Sunday and it was almost empty, little disappointing, we won’t go back there). Another day, we took a 3 hour private sailboat with Cabo Sails to the Arch and stopped to snorkel in some small beaches close by. That was great. (See my review in Trip Advisor). One evening after the vow celebration we hired a Mariachi Band- Mariachi Diaz for two hours. They played on the beach with the waves crashing in the background. That was another romantic and memorable experience for all of us. All the recommendations made by Las Ventanas were outstanding and flawless.
I can’t forget to mention our wonderful experience at one of the best Spas in the world. The attention, quality of treatments, relaxing atmosphere makes you want to come back to it over and over. We especially remember: Adriana, Rosario, Araceli and many more. We also used the Salon and it was great too.
I had envisioned the vow renewal to be a small intimate celebration with family and friends. I dreamed of me walking on the sand towards my husband in a light and flowy PINK dress with my girls and granddaughter ahead of me and my two boys walking me up the aisle. That and more is exactly what we had that day. We wouldn’t have been able to do it without the help of some very special people: from Las Ventanas (Ximena, Oscar, the Chefs and many more) and others from around Los Cabos (Gilda Badillo, the photographer), Los Mosquitos-Abel Aguirre (the Music), Adriana (from Areté floral), Jose Moreno & John Fagan (the ministers) etc. It was beautiful, there were many moist eyes in our group.
Las Ventanas no only met our expectations but exceeded them. Here are some of the things we’ll remember the most even when we’re back home far from Las Ventanas: everyone knows you by name; everything is possible; everything happens without a hitch; the staff is well trained, bilingual, efficient yet warm and personable and their service is thoughtful and impeccable. The entire staff works tirelessly to make your stay perfect. I cannot end my review without mentioning the housekeeping staff (Malena and Juliana) that endlessly worked to make sure that our villa was confortable, spotless and at all times had everything we needed. (They saw we were running out of toothpaste and brought a new tube).
Putting it all together: If you want the most incredibly relaxing vacation at an amazing resort with spectacular grounds and the best sunrise and sunset views, then definitely stay at Las Ventanas! This is, BY FAR, the most incredible resort my husband and I have ever stayed. The rooms are large and confortable, beautifully decorated, the food fantastic, the spa is unbelievable, and the staff is incomparable. We are counting the days until we can return. We love you Las Ventanas!!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront/Rooftop Suite
2  Thank Chalapete

Dear Chalapete,

Thank you very much for choosing Las Ventanas al Paraíso to celebrate with us your 25th Anniversary and your wedding vows renewal! It was a pleasure for us to welcome you and your family to celebrate such a special occasion. We are truly glad you all enjoyed your stay at Las Ventanas al Paraíso and the beautiful towns of Cabo. Each member of our family is always making the greatest effort and gives the heart to make your dreams come true. We love to pamper you and to create for you magical moments that will last a lifetime in your memory. We are so delighted to know that we were able to reach our goal and exceeded your expectations! I will make sure to pass you comments to Ximena, Oscar, Adriana, Rosario, Araceli, Malena and Juliana, they all are passionate of their jobs and will be very happy to read your wonderful words.
We hope to welcome you back again to your “home” in Paradise!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We wanted a great hotel near an interesting scuba diving location for a week family vacation. LVP was perfect. Food and service were exceptional. We had an ocean front roof terrace suit and could have just enjoyed the room/terrace and taken all our meals in. But the 7 pools ( we went on a pool safari), horseback riding on the beach, spa ( free for the basic steam/sauna/soak combo) , and excellent tennis facility beckoned. The scuba diving at Cabo Pulmo was an adventure ( not close or even a fully paved road) but worth it. As a diver accustomed to the likes of Yap, Palau, Fiji, and the best of Hawaii, Cabo Pulmo surprised me with the quality and accessibility of the marine life there. 20 years of protection has had an impact and the reef there is healthy, vibrant with life, and great fun. Use Manta as the dive operator -they will pick you up at the hotel. But we loved LVP so much we gave diving a back seat to just luxuriating at the hotel and only went out three of the 8 days. The hotel staff and management offer the gold standard and deserve all the accolades thy get. Bravo!

Room Tip: We had 300 building 1br with roof top terrace and soaking tub. Great views and quiet.
1  Thank Kc K

Dear Kc K,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!

We are truly happy to know you and your family had a fantastic experience at Las Ventanas al Paraíso! We are lucky to be placed in one of the most beautiful locations in the world, Los Cabos, and we are glad you enjoyed the surroundings as well as every corner of the property.
We hope to welcome you back for another family trip in Paradise!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have been to Cabo San Lucas many times over the past 20 years, and for my last visit my husband and I were lucky enough to stay at Las Ventanas. I cannot imagine a better way to start the year than a 4-night getaway to this resort. The buildings and grounds are stunning, and we absolutely loved our room. Spending time on our terrace enjoying wine and and the sea view each evening was one of my favorite things to do each day. The pools are both stunning, especially the main pool. We loved the swim-up bar and tables built into the pool where you can enjoy drinks. The drinks at the pool were delicious, particularly the watermelon mojito.

We ordered room service two of the nights and were able to experience The Sea Grill and The Restaurant on the other two nights. The food we had in the restaurants was great, but we were a bit disappointed in the food we ordered from room service. The prices for food and drinks at the resort are very high, which is to be expected at this level of resort, but even coming from LA, we were still a bit surprised. You just have to tell yourself that you are staying at an amazing resort and you are on vacation and the prices don't matter. All of the employees we met including our butlers were great and very helpful, so overall service is great.

If you want an incredibly relaxing vacation in Cabo at an amazing resort with spectacular grounds and views, then definitely stay at Las Ventanas!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SanFrancisco_CABella,

Thank you for staying at Las Ventanas al Paraíso and for taking the time to write a review on the property! We are really glad you had a wonderful and unforgettable experience throughout your stay. We are truly sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations regarding the food experience, we are a humble property and your feedback is very important to us to keep improving and make of your next stay a better experience.

We hope to welcome you back to Paradise to keep pampering you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
The Resort at Pedregal
The Resort at Pedregal
#2 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!