Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$421
US$409
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$170
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$315
US$284
  • Pool
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$547
Bookit.com
Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$240
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$199
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$208
  • Pool
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$455
US$340
HotelsClick
Paradisus Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$850
US$719
  • Breakfast included
One & Only Palmilla(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$898
US$878
1,159 results
All reviewssea grillrooftop terraceceviche barevian sprayromance departmentpool butlerssewing kitfour seasonsprivate dinnerour honeymoonbeach cabanabutler servicepersonal butlerocean frontcold towelsmoment you arriveeach guest
Reviewed 16 March 2009

We've stayed at Las Ventanas twice and enjoyed it both times. I do like Ventanas much better than the other high end place I've stayed in Los Cabos, One and Only Palmilla. However, I probably won't be returning to Las Ventanas. It's a nice place to relax, but I can get the same level of quality at, say, hotels in Cancun, the Riviera Maya and Huatulco for half the price, and have a useable beach at my doorstep. (The beach at Las Ventanas is nice to look at, but the red flag was out, meaning no swimming, every day on both our trips.)

My criticism of the cost is more about Los Cabos than Las Ventanas. Everything is expensive in this area, not just this particular hotel. I travel a lot in Mexico, and since the peso dropped below 14 to the dollar, other places have gotten a lot cheaper if you have dollars. Los Cabos has not..

The service was excellent and without exception the staff was friendly and bent over backwards to be helpful. My only complaint in that area, they were trained to upsell (e.g., an expensive dinner in your room, paying them to prepare a romantic surprise for your significant other, a day on the yacht, etc.) and it became a little tedious listening to all the great opportunities available to spend money.

We stayed in a rooftop terrace suite. We previously had stayed in a conventional suite for a about the same price. I liked the rooftop terrace better. The room was very comfortable, and the views from the patio and rooftop were exceptional. Be warned though that you probably won't be spending much time in the outdoor jacuzzi - it's small and uncomfortable.

The food was good, not great, and overpriced. Breakfast for two with tax and service ran up to $110. We spent $550 for dinner/wine tasting at La Cava. Neither the food nor the wine was exceptional, although I was impressed with their ability to make tasty dishes with worms and ants.

The significant other reports back that the spa services were good. I was dissatisfied with the wireless internet in the room -- it wasn't useable. However, internet worked fine in the business center.

Anyway, this is among the best of the best in Los Cabos. And you will pay for it. If price were no consideration, I'd give Las Ventanas a rating of "excellent" instead of "very good".

4  Thank USTraveller123
Reviewed 10 March 2009

Where do I begin?

My wife and I chose Las Ventanas as the place we wanted to celebrate our 20th anniversary. She had never been to Mexico and I had not been there in 30+ years. If you have read the reviews, you know the drill. Arrival in Cabo, met by a friendly driver outside the terminal and whisked away to the resort. Ice cold Fiji water and a selection of Mexican candies were waiting for us in the car as were hot moist towels.

On arrival at the resort we were met by the Manager on Duty and our personal Butler. We were offered a complimentary margarita, escorted around the property and shown to our room. The check in paperwork was completed in the room and our butler had a variety of written invitationd for various activities that we had pre-arranged which he gave to us before his departure. We were also offered a complimentary massage on arrival to get us into the vacation spirit.

Our room overlooked the main swimming pool and was conveniently located near the bars and restaurants. We arranged for a room that had a jacuzzi on our balcony and a second story sun deck. The entire space was elegant, beautifully furnished, and luxurious beyond belief.If this sounds good, ask for room 508.

Each night we fell asleep with our balcony doors open to take advantage of the breeze off the Sea of Cortez and drifted away to sleep while listening to the gentle music being played live near the bar each evening.

On our first visit to the pool we were eventually approached by one of the staff who graciously offered to clean our sunglasses for us! Amazing. Little luxuries like that were abundant in number without seeming to be overbearing.

The food was amazing especially the sushi and sashimi. The sushi bar does not offer the largest selection of items that I have ever seen but what they did offer was PERFECT. The shrimp sushi was amazing as was the Mexican Sashimi. Complex, velvety smooth and delicious.

The spa and exercise facilities are first rate and the spa treatment rooms are partially open air offering total privacy but with an open feel.

We were completely pleased with our stay at Las Ventanas and plan on returning soon!

11  Thank HLStride
Reviewed 6 March 2009

Just returned from a 5-night stay and now we know why travelers select Las Ventanas year after year. We traveled with our daughter and son-in-law for their 9th stay at this wonderful resort. As our daughter said..."when everything is so perfect, why would we ever chose a different location".
We found the service outstanding, the food excellent and the location the best. Our twin 9 month old granddaughters were treated like queens with lots of attention and "a pack and play" was waiting for them pool-side which made pool time that much more enjoyable for the adults. The staff certainly anticipated our every need...and exceeded our expectations. Thanks Mercurio.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank Kathie58
Reviewed 2 March 2009

Las Ventanas is located along 'the Corridor' which is a strip of beach 20 mins northeast of Cabo San Lucas. Most of the high-end resorts in Cabo are located on this strip. It's a great place to go if you want to be outside of the grittiness of Cabo. They offer so many activities (tennis, golf, snorkeling, horseback riding, etc) that you really don't need to leave the resort unless you plan to go out in Cabo for nightlife. We did one night but decided it was better to just relax back at the resort.

Las Ventanas is one of the prettiest resorts I've ever stayed at. White stucco buildings, many infinity pools, hidden stairways and candlelit paths at night. We had a one-bdr suite that was upgraded to a 3-bdr at no charge. The suite came with an infinity jacuzzi and our own butler that we could ring 24-7. Each of the suite buildings also have a small community pool - ours was mostly empty during our stay. Both the in room dining and restaurant meals were fantastic.

The only area I'd dock the hotel for is the spa services. It was a small spa staff so getting appointments was difficult at times. Additionally while the facilities were nice, the massage techniques were not up to the 5-star standards here in the US. My spa mani-pedi was also a bit of a disappointment since it wasn't anything more than a basic treatment at 4x the cost.

But overall this is a beautiful hotel and a place that I would definitely come back to...

6  Thank kimmi8
Reviewed 12 January 2009

Our first experience at Las Ventanas was in January 2004. A friend suggested we eat at The Restaurant at Las Ventanas even though we were already booked to stay at Marquis Los Cabos. The dinner there was exceptional. Although our reservations had somehow been lost on the Marquis end, the Las Ventanas staff seated us at the bar to make arrangements for us to stay for dinner. After a cocktail and hors d'oeuvres, they seated us in a premiere spot overlooking the lantern-lit pool. Ultra-romantic. I was blown away when the waiter placed my purse on it's own stool so I would have easier access to it. Holy cow, what service! A totally great experience! We decided right then that we would return to Cabo and stay at Las Ventanas.

We returned to Las Ventanas for my 50th in November 2005. My choice of anywhere in the world. We arrived via private transportation from the airport to a welcome drink and private butleress (Isabel) who would escort us to our room. And what a room it was!!!

Suite 102 is located at the end of the property so it offers much privacy. When the door opened we were extremely pleased. Traditional Mexican pottery, fresh flowers, private stock tequila with two shot glasses just waiting for us...that was just in the foyer. The living area boasted a large flat screen TV, built-in sofa, MP3 player, extensive mini bar area and a telescope befitting an astronomer. The bedroom area had a fireplace, television and plenty of room to "move in". The bathroom has double vanities, LARGE jetted tub, indoor shower and outdoor shower with rainhead faucet. Amenities galore! We never showered inside the entire week!

The private pool is "off the chart". Warm water with two floating mats. Private bar area for entertaining. Two comfy lounge chairs with umbrella. And.......an infinity fire pit that is lit every night by the staff. Sunset in the pool with a cocktail and your sweetie.....doesn't get any better!

The food at the Sea Grill is delicious also. Very casual near the main pool. The pool offers a place to swim up for a cocktail. Really convenient for effortless lounging. Cool towels and spritzes from the pool staff to keep you sufficiently hydrated. Mini popcicles offer a refreshing treat. Don't miss this!

The Restaurant at Las Ventanas offers some of the most creative and delectable dishes you will find anywhere. We did reserve the private dining area called La Cava for my birthday dinner. La Cava is the wine cellar for the resort and the staff made sure every detail was taken care of...including my favorite jazz tunes playing when we arrived. Each course was paired with wine (many, many wine glasses) and by the time we got to after dinner drinks and cigars the mood was VERY festive. Best birthday I have EVER had!

Needless to say all our guests were overwhelmed with the staff, service, location and resort. We returned once again in July 2007 following a trying 6 months for a well deserved retreat. We stayed in the same room and can say without a doubt we will be back.

I even have a friend here in my hometown who goes to Las Ventanas 3-4 times a year with girlfriends or her husband just to relax and enjoy the spa. By the way, the spa treatments are incredible. Don't pass up the opportunity to check them out!

Golf at Cabo Real, Cabo del Sol and El Dorado are worth checking out if you are golf nuts like we are. The resort will help you with tee times......

We rented a MiniCooper from the resort and drove to Todo Santos. Delightfully quaint village with restaurants, churches and hotels that you must visit. Pick up some Damiana while you're there. Beware of the road from Cabo San Lucas to Todo Santos....it is curvy and kinda dangerous. People in the area tend to drive with wreckless abandon. Nightlife in Cabo San Lucas is hopping! Shopping at Puerto Paraiso is good for gifts to take back to friends and family. Check out San Jose del Cabo for authentic nightlife in the square....dancing and music by locals. Very safe at night there. Eat at Tequila.....YUMMY!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank SkysMomLR