“Authentic artists retreat where you'll feel inspired and at home on the shore of a serene marina.”
Review of Hotel El Ganzo

Hotel El Ganzo
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Magical, is the word that comes to mind when I remember my experience at El Ganzo.

Upon arrival, there was a musician in residence playing a tune in the lobby to a relaxed audience. What an entrance! I thought.

But that was just the beginning of an Alice in wonderland journey over 5 days. Each adventure unfolding like a budding flower.
I spotted the hammock swings outside and immediately sat in one to my delight.
It began to sprinkle, but it didn't matter.

The next day we took little red bikes around the mariner to the cactus garden and onward l through a surreal sculpture garden where I threw my shoes off and pranced in the soft cut grass. As the sun set, we made our way back to the rooftop hot tub and witnessed one of the most stunning sunsets I've ever seen. It was New Years Eve and long before the clock stuck midnight, I felt fulfilled.

I had come to El Ganzo to get away from the usual New Year's Eve hell, and I was grateful to find a special heaven.
El Ganzo prepared a six course dinner that evening and we watched fireworks bursting across the water when the clock hit midnight.

The breakfast each morning was delicious and the staff was kind and had no problem accommodating my particular tastes.
If I wanted to add something or take something off a dish, they would effortlessly make it happen. I value that highly.

We took a ten minute drive the next evening to an amazing restaurant called Flora Farms which grows their own produce in the coiffed gardens surrounding the kitchen and tables. It was so beautiful and the food was immaculate.

I loved that I could stay at the hotel and enjoy everything it had to offer, or I could travel just 15 or 30 minutes to a variety of other adventurous venues before slipping back to the privacy and seclusion the hotel offers.

Everyone I met at El Ganzo, from the staff to local friends to the other guests were friendly and unique, which was refreshing and inspiring.

The last day we took a boat over to the beach on the other side of the marina. The pelicans flying around us were so fun and humorous and the staff at the beach were amazing, even digging a hole for an umbrella to perfectly shade our crew.
Then we went out on the paddle boards.
The staff accompanied us and taught us as we learned to ski on the water despite the heavy winds that day.

All in all, it was a perfect balance of rest, activities, socializing, solitude, and relaxation.

I highly recommend El Ganzo and will be returning in the future with other friends, artists, family.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Carolynstotesbery

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I stayed at el Ganzo for many days and it was a unique experience, every night came with a new and exciting surprise. Perfect for an amazing vacation. The rooms are big and clean, the view is amazing from all of the rooms. Great concept great hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Anaretro
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed at this hotel during the Christmas holiday 2012. The hotel is beautiful, rooms are nice and service was great. The hotel is located right across from the new marina in San Jose Del Cabo. Transportation from the hotel to the local excursions and to Cabo San Lucas can be pricey so be prepared.

We found two great local restaurants/taco stands on the road leading to the hotel; Ali's and Nicole's place. Be sure to check them out.

We are looking forward to returning next year!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
ME Cabo
ME Cabo
#14 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#8 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
#2 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,134 reviews
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#4 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,025 reviews

Been to Hotel El Ganzo? Share your experiences!