Hotel El Ganzo
Paradisus Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$612
US$374
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$357
US$290
Official Hotel Site
Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$219
Royal Solaris Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$197
  • Pool
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$281
US$252
  • Breakfast included
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$603
US$587
Hotels.com
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$224
  • Pool
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$362
US$329
US$306
US$259
  • Beachfront
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$191
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop poolbeach clubrecording studiodrunken sailorart installationssculpture gardenfree bikesterrace roomsushiflora farmshot tubquiet locationnew marinapuerto los cabossan josecevichemain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2013

first off, we were woken up each morning at 8am by construction noise, staff meeting noise, or gardener noise. also, being on a dock, there is loud groaning noise coming from the boats all night.
aside from catching up on any sleep, when I travel the first and most important amenity is a swimming pool. whether business or pleasure, I try to swim every day when I am away from home and my regular exercise routine. I would rather give up any other amenity, but not the pool.
on my first vacation in four years I was very much looking forward to spending some time in the sun and so we chose Mexico for a four day romantic holiday. we chose the el ganzo because of it's quiet location away from the hustle bustle of cabo San Lucas, it's private beach, and it's beautiful pools. in addition to two outdoor swimming pools, the hotel has two jacuzzi and a sauna.
well, on the first day there we raced up to the rooftop pool to find it was freezing cold. checked the downstairs pool, and it was also ice cold. we looked in the spa, but were told the hot tub and sauna down there were not available. so, we went back up to the rooftop and sat in a lukewarm jacuzzi. the next day we asked the front desk about the temperature of the pools and were told that because it had been overcast the past few days the solar heating was not functioning.
well, I have solar heating at my house as well, and I have a back-up heater for just this reason. why a multi million dollar resort wouldn't have a backup system is mind boggling. the pools and jacuzzi's were frigid for our entire stay, and even though there were many wonderful things about the hotel and the surrounding area, I felt like the vacation was a bust, a ripoff, and I will never go back to that hotel.
Am however giving a three star review because of the lovely staff, views, and design of the decor.

Room Tip: movie night is fun. a great activity for a hotel in a secluded area.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank belfastvi
Ana M, General Manager at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Hola Belfastvi,

I want to thank you for sharing your experiences of our property and delighted with your praise of our staff at El Ganzo!

Nevertheless, I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with some aspects of our property and its services namely our pools. I truly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. The accountable Department Heads have been personally involved in implementing root cause solutions.

Belfastvi, I hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and you found our staff to be helpful and courteous, and let me express yet again our apology for the shortcomings you encountered.

When your travels bring you back to our beautiful city, I hope that you will give us an opportunity to be of service to you again at su casa in Los Cabos.

If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Enrique Turcott

Reviewed 31 March 2013

This hotel has an amazing rooftop deck with pool and a great view. The rooms are nice, not too spacious but comfortable. I stayed at a balcony ocean view room which is pretty much the same as a room without a balcony in terms of space and the balcony is kind of small. There was a minibar with complimentary non-alcoholic beverages. The property is in front of a small marina. It has a private beach a short boat ride away. I only had breakfast at the hotel´s restaurant and the food was very good but the waiter´s service was not good at all, too slow, had to ask more than once for things like beverages. The rest of the hotel staff was ok. If you stay here I recommend you to have lunch or dinner at a nearby little restaurant called el marinero borracho (drunken sailor), food is delicious. It´s on the road to the hotel (walking distance).

Room Tip: Higher floor has better view. Hallways are long, ask for a room close to the first elevator if possible. Regular room balconies are very small. If it´s not so important you can save by choosing a room with no balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I am staying at El Ganzo right now. The building is nice and clean and the rooms are nice. Its a great place for couples but not for just people sharing a room. The bathtub is in the center of the room and there is no privacy. The food and alcohol are way overpriced. I paid $5 for 1 beer. The restaurants are mediocre and I waited 20 minutes this morning for someone to wait on me only to tell me that lunch doesn't begin until 12:30. Who the heck eats breakfast at noon? The front desk/ reception people are friendly but not the wait staff. The hotel is out in the middle of nowhere with few other choices for food. Only El Marinero Borracho is decent. Why stay here when you can go elsewhere in San Jose or Cabo San Lucas and get into a nice all inclusive RESORT for $100 less per night? I definitely won't be returning.

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank Khillfly
El_Ganzo_GM, Gerente at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Hola Khillfly,

First of all let me offer you an apology for the shortcomings that you encountered during your stay.

I would also like to thank you for your feedback, which was very useful in implementing root cause solutions.

I do hope that in the not to far future you will give us the opportunity to serve you again at our best.

Sincerely

Enrique Turcott

Reviewed 20 March 2013

We spent five glorious days in late February at El Ganzo - great spot! Nice new construction on a new marina. The staff is great and wonderful vibe. Beats the heck out of the craziness at Cabo and just a few minutes drive into the lovely town of San Jose del Cabo. Loved the rooftop deck and not a sushi fan, but they make some awesome, wonderful treats up there (guac's good too). Some nice bird watching from the adjoining estuary and dolphins in the marina area. Other than the espresso machine breaking down the last morning, hard to come up with much bad to say.

Room Tip: I think they all face the marina. The hot tubs did not appear to be working yet on the deluxe rooms, but it's all pretty wonderful at this place. Nice to sit in the bath tub in the room and gaze at the marina.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank denverellend
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Even though open only a short time and still in "shakedown mode", El Ganzo has created an atmosphere that doesn't exist anywhere else. What makes it unique is not only the design and decor (described as Bohemian Modern), but that it appeals to the young hip set as well as the chic older crowd. Perfect mix, in my book! I love the melding of textures and the creativity that has gone into every detail. The staff is fantastic and very happy to be there serving your every need.
The owners have struck a successful chord in every way, bringing musicians in from all over to perform and have a good time, and providing a new state of the art recording studio if inspiration hits.....along with having an "artist in residence" program, inviting international artists to paint there. On my visit, renowned Spanish artist, Manel Pujol (who worked with Salvador Dali for 10 years), was applying his contemporary touches on one of their beautiful rooms. While LA musician Joshua Ridan was performing on the outdoor terrace overlooking the marina, Manel was putting the finishing touches on a large canvas, to the music. What an fun event!
The rooms are very comfortable with great views, the bar scene is one of the best, there's a sushi bar on the upper pool level, and the Sunday brunch offered a fantastic array of local dishes. Next time I will take advantage of the wonderful gym, and am looking forward to the spa opening soon. To top it all off, the hotel is pet friendly, too! This is the happening place to stay!

Room Tip: Weekends are late nights with music, so if you're one to turn in early, ask for a room farther away from the scene, and you'll be fine.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo