Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$273
US$239
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$206
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$197
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$347
US$313
  • Pool
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$831
US$748
Paradisus by Melia Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$669
US$486
Priceline
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$596
US$386
  • Breakfast included
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$500
US$429
Priceline
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$450
US$377
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$425/night.

One & Only Palmilla(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$1,099
US$799
All reviewsrooftop poolbeach clubrecording studiodrunken sailorborrachoart installationssculpture gardenfree bikesjacuzzi roomsushiflora farmshot tubquiet locationnew marinapuerto los caboscevichemain restaurant
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I recently spent two nights at Hotel El Ganzo and it was by far our favorite on our trip. The rooms are wonderful and have a spectacular view overlooking the marina. We loved being on the marina, as my husband is a fisherman, giving us easy access to the boats. However, you also have access to their luxurious rooftop pool and beach club. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure your stay is enjoyable. I HIGHLY recommend Hotel El Ganzo for your next trip!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
El_Ganzo_GM, Manager at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Hola Hscan,

Thank you for your kind words, we thrive everyday to meet our goals. Your words lets us know that we are on the right path in which we need to continue.

Best Regards

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Hello all La Playa fishermen. My review here is created from 21 years of Baja experience while enjoying the fishing experiences with La Playa Sport Fishing. I have enjoyed fishing with this group at least two times a year for 21 years as well enjoyed the culture of the locals and comrades who do the same. While understanding the art culture and it efforts to provide a place for a cultural experience of its own, and I have no place to discredit those efforts. Having said this I must emphasize that the Hotel El Gonzo is not a place a fisherman would choose to embrace their experience.
El Gonzo is not conducive to allowing your ice chest, beer, or amenities that most fishing groups have enjoyed in places such as the Tropicana Inn would accommodate. The rooms provide little space to accumulate doing the normal fish stories and rhetoric that creates the atmosphere in growing those fish stories, " if you know what I mean". And there seems to be that old dishonest room rate charge that increases when the bill is printed. Just being honest, if you fish and like the ways you have experienced, the El Gonzo is not your place. For the artist, I think you will enjoy your high priced experience. BTW put some fish mounts on the walls, maybe open the doors to all and don't overcharge to look at them... Another tip, ask for disclosure of taxes with room rate. 29 % which they fail to disclose at time of booking. Sorry El Gonzo. I rate you wasted space and money for what you offered me and charged me for. You know who I am El Gonzo, this is my turn to offer what you didn't offered me. This should be no surprise for you and your manager.

Room Tip: Rooms are all the same size. Doubles are crowded and the Kings are crowded. Balconies are small 4x6 at best. The Container restaurant can be extremely loud across the marina till 4 am in the morning. They do not freeze fish. Do not let ice chest in rooms. Do not let any food or beverages in rooms other than what they provide for you to purchase. Glasses of wine can be as much as 12.00 to 13.00 dollars. If you have a budget you might think twice before you accept their internet offers. Plan on 29 % tax on your room rate which they fail to disclose at time of booking. Once again, sorry El Gonzo. Our travel agency will not be booking your accommodations. To all others please beware is all I can say..
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Guy W
El_Ganzo_GM, Manager at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Hola Guy W,

I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with some aspects of our services and would like to take the time to apologize to you.

Indeed we are not the traditional hotel, we pride ourselves in welcoming everyone. Although I can assure you that your thoughts will be taken into consideration.

In regards to the charges you mention we will work on implementing root cause solutions.

Guy, I hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and you found our staff to be helpful and courteous, and let me express yet again my apologies for the shortcomings you encountered.

I hope that you will give us an opportunity to be of service to you again in the not so distant future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a bit funky, recommended for young guests, the rooms are cool, but I have to say that the terrace is incredible, I would definitely give it a try just for the terrace, its a modern way to spend a runaway weekend at a charming town as San José del Cabo

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arturostro
El_Ganzo_GM, Manager at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Hola Arturostro,

Your words signify that our efforts in providing pleasurable vacations are being successful!

We truly hope to see again soon at su casa in Los Cabos

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Where to begin? My boyfriend and I just returned from our week in paradise, courtesy of Hotel El Ganzo. I'll start by saying if you want to stay a little off the beaten path, are looking for quiet and relaxation, and appreciate service and superb interior decorating, this is the place for you. If you want to do the tourist thing and party your face off in Cabo San Lucas, this is NOT it. Guests are a good mix of tourists and Mexicans, which we liked because we felt like we were actually traveling and staying in a foreign place, unlike some of these large all-inclusive places.

Our stay was peppered with lots of extra perks: 20% off spa services, free continental breakfast, soups sent out courtesy of the chef during dinner, and surprise chips and guacamole while lounging at the pool deck. We also seriously appreciated the complimentary bottled water, soda, and beer in the rooms. Housekeeping was AMAZING. They came twice a day, and our room was BEYOND immaculate when returning from a long day in the sun. The pillows in the room were like sleeping on clouds. Giant, fluffy clouds.

I've gotten used to eating pretty damn good food in San Francisco, and I have to say, the food was AMAZING. Service can be a bit slow, but you're on vacation, so I say just chill and enjoy your wine and the superb weather while you wait. Our waiters remembered us and many of our preferences when we dined with them. Fidel at the Downstairs restaurant was so welcoming and helpful, he really completed our dining experience. 24/7 room service will also basically make you whatever you want, just call the downstairs desk. Don't be afraid to wander offsite as well. We ate at The Container (same owners, they will give you a ride over there) The Drunken Sailor, La Marina Inn, and a little side road taco stand. Everything was excellent and cheap.

We used the gym (small but very nice equipment), had a couples massage (ahhhhhhhhhhh), hung out at the rooftop pool (AMAZING playlist on the weekends, no IPOD needed), went to the beach (water was clean, warm, and SWIMMABLE) and rented bikes (super fun way to get to the beach and see the cactus gardens). We also went on a tour to Cabo San Lucas one day, which was really all we needed to see of that area.

Overall we were incredibly happy with our stay. The staff speaks great english, and is always available for help. The only issue we had was a bogus charge to our room, from someone who signed a bill incorrectly. The hotel was very quick to correct it and apologetic, which I greatly appreciated.

I will leave you with this:
Take a chance on Puerto Los Cabos and Hotel El Ganzo. You will not regret it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hola Janine V,

I was very pleased to know that Hotel El Ganzo was able to live up to your expectations and more.

We pride ourselves in our services and take every step necessary for our guests to feel at home and relax.

Your words gives me security in knowing that the path that we are taking is the right one.

It will be an honor to host you again at su Casa El Ganzo, when your travels bring you back.

Sincerely

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Just spent a week at the Hotel El Ganzo and had a great time. This is a small boutique type of hotel with an open kitchen, dining room and bar.....so much so that it feels like you're an guest in someone's home. If you're looking for peace, quiet and no time share harassment, then this is for you. We had a great time with the staff, and received personal Spanish lessons from Daniel, Frances and Alex. The staff is attentive to everything and very friendly. The rooftop hot tub is all glass and pretty amazing. The hotel is right in the marina so you can watch the private yachts coming and going...quite a site. San Jose is about a 10 minute taxi ride from the hotel where everything is at your fingertips.....the art walk, restaurants, etc. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank drernie2001
El_Ganzo_GM, Manager at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Hola Drernie 2001,

I was pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and were delighted with our decor, but most of all pleased to know that Daniel, Frances and Alex provided an outstanding service. Thank you for sharing your comments.

Your words evidence that we are on the right path and that our goals of achieving guest satisfaction and providing pleasurable vacations are being successful!

It will be a pleasure to host you again in the not too distant future, here at El Ganzo.

Best regards,