Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$206
  • Breakfast included
Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$330
US$261
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$215
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$315
US$284
  • Pool
Paradisus by Melia Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$649
US$486
Priceline
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$673
US$567
  • Breakfast included
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$452
US$388
Priceline
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 23/07
US$552
US$275
HotelsClick
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$407/night.

One & Only Palmilla(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$817
US$799
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$831
US$748
All reviewsrooftop poolbeach clubrecording studiodrunken sailorborrachoart installationssculpture gardenfree bikesjacuzzi roomsushiflora farmshot tubquiet locationnew marinapuerto los caboscevichemain restaurant
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed at El Ganzo for seven dreamy nights over the holidays. I cannot recommend this hotel enough if you are not interested in the crowds of Cabo and looking for some serious relaxation. Things you need to know:

1. This is not in Cabo - it's about 25 minutes away by taxi. And that's fantastic, if you want to chill out and enjoy some quality time with those you love. Personally, I will never go to Cabo now that I've found this place. It sits on its own marina with a private beach and a swanky rooftop pool, so there's no need to go anywhere else.

2. It's super cool. There is live music, innovative food, artists in residence, a spa, a gym, cabanas, etc. This is NOT a chain hotel experience. You are in a unique environment at a hotel that aims to be different.

3. The staff is fantastic. They will know you by name after only a few days and will cater to your every need. Jerry even brought me his own work laptop, so I could watch the Seahawks game live via some fantastic weblink he found. I should mention that I was at the pool for the duration of the game. Now that's service!

4. I love this hotel so much, so it's hard to be nitpicky. That said, the coffee was not good (weird, since it's Mexico) unless you went over to the Container restaurant on the other side of the marina (where they brew Starbucks). There were personal brewers in every room, but the coffee was so bad that you didn't want to use them. It would have been nice to be out on the balcony in the mornings with a great cup of coffee. I'm told that the main hotel will be brewing Starbucks soon, which should alleviate this issue. Also, the lotion in the rooms was an odd consistency and smell, which is another minor thing. Finally, the food is good overall, but there were a few misses on the menu (parmesan crusted fish). I think they are headed in the right direction though and give them points for inspired dishes.

I will definitely be returning to this hotel. The ambiance from the rooftop pool is beyond compare and I can't wait to be having a margarita there again soon! I feel like I've found a real gem and hope it doesn't get too crowded .....

Room Tip: The balconies are quite small, so if price is an issue, I'd forego them.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CaraBibbiani
El_Ganzo_GM, Manager at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Hola CaraBibbiani,

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

Wow, its, really nice to know that we are on the right path, that we are making a difference and that our guest are noticing.

Thank you for your kind words and compliments to Jerry and its always a pleasure knowing that our staff goes the extra mile to make our guest feel at home.

Be assured that we will continue in bettering all of our services.

General Manage

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We loved our stay at Hotel El Ganzo. From the quiet location (on a dirt road near the marina at Puertos Los Cabos) to the friendly and attentive staff to the beautiful decor and design of the rooftop pool and lobby areas, it is a place of cool, hip beauty. Interior design reminds me of "rustic hipster chic." It is not overdone luxury. It is not aggressive sales pitches. It is a place to enjoy yourself w/o the constant urgings of sycophantic staff. If you never want to explore outside the hotel, it's a perfect place to sit all day and enjoy the pool and generous lounging areas. Live music, a well-equipped gym and a spa/salon provide additional activities. It's only 1.5 years old and already, it's poised for take-off. Make your reservations before it gets too popular. The only down side was the food in the Downstairs Restaurant (the main restaurant). It just did not live up to the same quality as the rest of the hotel but hopefully, that'll improve. It was very expensive, too. However, the Sunday brunch was good ($20/person). El Ganzo also owns the Beach Club across the marina (a short boat ride away - they provide for free) and the food and service there was not good but the beach is beautiful. But the food at The Container Restaurant (which they also own) was consistently good and reasonably-priced. The shrimp fajitas were delicious! Also, wonderful toiletries and well-stocked vanity kits (toothbrushes/toothpaste, shaving kits, etc.) but bring your own body lotion as I was a bit mystified by the one they provided (an odd smell, a bit too greasy/oily). Live music is nice, too. Overall, El Ganzo is a wonderful place. Book soon before it gets too popular!

Room Tip: We stayed in room with a balcony and jacuzzi facing the marina. Beautiful. I think all the rooms face the marina.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
El_Ganzo_GM, Manager at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Hola Myle G,

Your words let me know that we are going in the right direction, we are now presently working in improving áreas that need be in order to provide excellent services.

Your feedback is very important to us.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to enjoy another memorable vacation at su casa El Ganzo.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

The Hotel El Ganzo is located on the Marina in San Jose del Cabo. This is tucked away in an area that has much less tourist hustle and bustle, which is exactly what we were looking for.

The Hotel is cool, and hip, the rooms are fantastic, and the service is really attentive. Our waiter knew our names and our breakfast preferences by the second day, and he was really friendly. The weekly cultural events [movies, live music, etc.] are worth participating in, and they make the hotel feel like a hidden getaway for SoCal arty types.

We had food from the restaurant downstairs, the rooftop sushi restaurant, and beachside grill. All of these were superb, and never disappointed. They are pretty pricey, though: the hotel is one of the only thing in this are, and they know it. There are a few restaurants and cantinas tucked away in the neighborhood within a few blocks of the hotel, but there isn't much else. We had the American Breakfast deal, and it was delicious, more than enough food, and well worth the cost.

The hotel is located on the edge of a growing marina development that includes an art walk, and restaurants on both sides of the cove. In time this will be a lovely place to walk, but not much had opened when we visited. However, you can rent bikes, or get a golf cart ride to the other side of the cove to visit restaurants like The Container [which I would recommend]. We found this romantic and charming to walk to dinner at the Container at sunset.

The beach is a short ferry ride across the cove, which some might consider a little annoying, but we found it nice. It felt more remote. You really have the beach to yourself, but just on the other side of a jetty, there is a public beach where fishermen and their families are cleaning fish and swimming, etc. You can't see this from the hotel beach area, and it didn't bother us one way or the other. We and the other guests were the only ones on the beach. Very nice. Service at the beach bar and grill is quick and attentive.

We loved having a balcony overlooking the marina. There's fishing boats coming in and out all day long. It isn't too loud, and it was fun to get to watch the day's catch come in, and know that you might be eating that fish later in the evening.

The pool is easily the nicest and most beautiful hotel pool I've ever seen. It is on the rooftop, and the infinity edge spills over in such a way that it feels like you're perched on the end of the earth, with the ocean stretching out infinitely into the distance.

The only detractors I would give to this hotel is that it is far from the other resorts, a little hard to find the first time, and the management is pretty tight on their policy that you not bring any food or drink into the hotel. We wanted some bottled water that didn't cost hotel prices, so we picked it up at the supermarket. The manager let us know this wasn't ok, but was kind about it, and didn't ask us to give up the water, which we appreciated.

Overall, this was an excellent place to stay, and really hip and fun. I wouldn't recommend it for older travelers or families, as it is really designed for a young, hip crowd. But it's way cooler than most of the Cabo hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PDubInAthens
El_Ganzo_GM, Manager at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Hola PDubln Ath,

I can only say that it was really great to read your review.

As manager of this resort it really is a pleasure to know that all of my teams efforts and mine are going in the right direction, which is giving our guests the best that we have.

Thanks So Much!!!!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

The hotel is awesome, 5 out of 5.
One of my favorite hotels I've stayed in Mexico.

A 20-25min ride from the airport (which is nice).
Overall the hotel looks awesome from the outside but is even better inside.
The lobby has a hip look & a very comfortable seating/wait area.
We had a room on the 3rd floor with a balcony.
The setup of the room was perfect.
Not the biggest room but it had everything you needed.
The bed was 5 out of 5.

My favorite part is the rooftop pool & club. We partied with a wedding on Friday night & the music & the vibe was amazing. Great sound system too.
The private beach is a quick boat ride away.

The service from front desk, bell hop, housekeeping, bar staff is 5 out of 5.

The reason I can't give 5 stars is only based on the restaurant.
The food service is slow, the food is terrible & overpriced.
I would typically not be that critical as we'd just eat somewhere else, but there's just not that many options around.
They should really bring in someone that could help them, because it's a shame, as every other aspect is so good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank VicandFawn
El_Ganzo_GM, Manager at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Hola VicandFaw,

I can only say thank you for your words and praises for our hotel.

We are implementing solutions in regards to your comments on our restaurant services and we hope you will visit us again to enjoy our achievements.

Again thank you and let me wish you and your Family and very Merry Crhistmas.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Here is my short and simple review for anyone who does not want to read further, Book this place. If you have any doubts, I would be more than happy to answer any specific questions about our stay. On to the longer review now.

I will concede that I am not really that hard to please, most of my reviews on this site are positive (though I would say that this property would rank above any other review I have submitted), but I also think that is because I research and do my homework before I ever select a resort/hotel. The research paid off on this trip as soon as me and my wife arrived at Hotel El Ganzo. We were greeted by friendly staff and provided a cool drank and a cool towel during the check in process. The friendly greetings and smiling faces were a sign of things to come for the whole weekend. It was nice to seem the same friendly staff over and over again, it brought a sense of comfort and familiarity that you do not always see in a hotel.

The room itself was very interesting and really fit our taste. We booked a room with a king bed and a balcony, the view was of the marina and each morning we would lay around for a while and just stare out the open sliding doors to the activity below. The tub was a good size and provided for a nice relaxing soak if needed and the rain style shower was perfect after a dip in the pool or a day at the beach. The room is modern and styled differently than you may be used to, but we really liked the set up and atmosphere. The staff fully stocked the mini fridge and re-filled it routinely during our stay, providing us complimentary beer and water and soft drinks the entire time, that small detail in customer service was very impressive and surprising.

The pool on the roof is as perfect as the hotel pictures show, and the hot tub provides the perfect opportunity to warm up if the sun sneaks behind a cloud or at night. Again, the staff shined at the pool, ensuring the guests were content and had enough drinks or food. (I am bad with remembering names or I would definitely give credit to specific staff members).Customer service was really a hallmark of this property.

The beach club was just a short boat ride away, literally less than five minutes. We really enjoyed the time on the beach, it was never crowded but had some activity. The staff was friendly here as well and did their best to attend to everyone's requests. I even had a small billing error and they were quick to fix it without any problems, another sign of great customer service. The lunch at the grill here was also very good, try the fish tacos.

We ate breakfast downstairs every morning, usually the continental breakfast which was a large and delicious fruit plate, and then mixed it up where we ate our other meals. The hotel will transport you by car or boat to The Container on the other side of the marina. The transportation to/from was friendly and included good conversation with the staff.

That about sums up my experience while on the property, a nice, comfortable room that is unique in design and provides great views, and an impressive staff with a focus on customer service whether it was inside the hotel, at the pool, or at the beach club. Lastly, we also used the work out room too and there were a few treadmills, bikes, and equipment available for the guests.

If you are interested in the San Jose del Cabo side of Los Cabos, stay here. We did take a taxi into town a couple of times, but it was always easy and never an issue. We can't wait to return, they did everything right with this property.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jeffv216
El_Ganzo_GM, Manager at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Hola Jeffv2165,

I was very pleased to know that my staff provided an outstanding service to you, that their smiles on their faces made a difference, your praises for our hotel and just reading your review has enlighten my day.

Your words evidence that we are on the right path in providing pleasurable vacations and we hope to see you again soon.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your experiences.

lt will always be a pleasure to have you here as our guest.

Best regards,