Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$273
US$239
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$206
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$197
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$347
US$313
  • Pool
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$596
US$386
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus by Melia Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$669
US$371
Cancelon
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$504
US$415
HotelsClick
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$450
US$377
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$425/night.

Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$831
US$748
One & Only Palmilla(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$1,099
US$781
Cancelon
All reviewsrooftop poolbeach clubrecording studiodrunken sailorborrachoart installationssculpture gardenfree bikesjacuzzi roomsushiflora farmshot tubquiet locationnew marinapuerto los caboscevichemain restaurant
Reviewed 9 January 2014

When booking this hotel, I saw a photo of the pool and a strange compulsion came over me. I booked us in for 15 days - not how we normally travel! But I couldn't resist it.

The pool is every bit as good as it looks - great for lengths and with a fabulous view. The white cushioned deck chairs and cabanas are fabulous, and there is nothing in this world more relaxing than drying off under the sun with a drink in your hand and frigate birds lazily circling overhead in the blue, blue sky. After we arrived, we learned this was named one of Fodor's top 20 pools in the world. Now I want to try the other 19.

If you stay here, stay for more than one night. You need to relax! We rented a car (highly recommended) and were able to snorkel in the ocean at free public beaches every morning. Baja has tons of sea life everywhere! We even swam with whale sharks in La Paz. Unforgettable.

In your room, you will have a lovely, comfortable bed, and a view of the fishermen. The food is not up to the quality of the hotel, and the music is a bit hit and miss, but all the staff are friendly and kind, and the continental breakfast is good. Above all, I found nothing at this hotel really bothered me. It was lovely and restful. Both of us turned brown and lost weight - we felt younger by the end of our stay. We felt like movie stars!

Room Tip: we had a third floor room with balcony. It was small but great!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dockhopper
El_Ganzo_GM, Manager at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Hola Dockhopper,

It was a real pleasure to have read your review. I can only say thank you!!!

We are working in bettering our services in the food & beverage department, and I know that in your next visit this will also live up to your standards.

Again thank you and it will be an honor to have you again as our guests.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is a beautiful hotel on a beautiful property. Very unique and interesting feel, definitely hip. The service people are also very nice but there is something missing. I think it is managment. It needs better systems and processes. The staff was very nice but constrained by really stupid rules. For example, they ran out of white wine they could sell by the glass "for the day", but had bottles for sale. The managers would not allow the staff to break a bottle. Also, I got overcharged $500 for an upgrade night which never happened. I finally gave up arguing the point.
Take a pass on this place until they get better management.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shan p

Hola Shan P,

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused to you by our restaurant and front desk services.

Solutions will be put into effect and take into consideration your suggestions.

Thank you for your praises to our hotel and to my staff, its nice to know that we can better our services.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed at El Ganzo for seven dreamy nights over the holidays. I cannot recommend this hotel enough if you are not interested in the crowds of Cabo and looking for some serious relaxation. Things you need to know:

1. This is not in Cabo - it's about 25 minutes away by taxi. And that's fantastic, if you want to chill out and enjoy some quality time with those you love. Personally, I will never go to Cabo now that I've found this place. It sits on its own marina with a private beach and a swanky rooftop pool, so there's no need to go anywhere else.

2. It's super cool. There is live music, innovative food, artists in residence, a spa, a gym, cabanas, etc. This is NOT a chain hotel experience. You are in a unique environment at a hotel that aims to be different.

3. The staff is fantastic. They will know you by name after only a few days and will cater to your every need. Jerry even brought me his own work laptop, so I could watch the Seahawks game live via some fantastic weblink he found. I should mention that I was at the pool for the duration of the game. Now that's service!

4. I love this hotel so much, so it's hard to be nitpicky. That said, the coffee was not good (weird, since it's Mexico) unless you went over to the Container restaurant on the other side of the marina (where they brew Starbucks). There were personal brewers in every room, but the coffee was so bad that you didn't want to use them. It would have been nice to be out on the balcony in the mornings with a great cup of coffee. I'm told that the main hotel will be brewing Starbucks soon, which should alleviate this issue. Also, the lotion in the rooms was an odd consistency and smell, which is another minor thing. Finally, the food is good overall, but there were a few misses on the menu (parmesan crusted fish). I think they are headed in the right direction though and give them points for inspired dishes.

I will definitely be returning to this hotel. The ambiance from the rooftop pool is beyond compare and I can't wait to be having a margarita there again soon! I feel like I've found a real gem and hope it doesn't get too crowded .....

Room Tip: The balconies are quite small, so if price is an issue, I'd forego them.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CaraBibbiani

Hola CaraBibbiani,

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

Wow, its, really nice to know that we are on the right path, that we are making a difference and that our guest are noticing.

Thank you for your kind words and compliments to Jerry and its always a pleasure knowing that our staff goes the extra mile to make our guest feel at home.

Be assured that we will continue in bettering all of our services.

General Manage

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We loved our stay at Hotel El Ganzo. From the quiet location (on a dirt road near the marina at Puertos Los Cabos) to the friendly and attentive staff to the beautiful decor and design of the rooftop pool and lobby areas, it is a place of cool, hip beauty. Interior design reminds me of "rustic hipster chic." It is not overdone luxury. It is not aggressive sales pitches. It is a place to enjoy yourself w/o the constant urgings of sycophantic staff. If you never want to explore outside the hotel, it's a perfect place to sit all day and enjoy the pool and generous lounging areas. Live music, a well-equipped gym and a spa/salon provide additional activities. It's only 1.5 years old and already, it's poised for take-off. Make your reservations before it gets too popular. The only down side was the food in the Downstairs Restaurant (the main restaurant). It just did not live up to the same quality as the rest of the hotel but hopefully, that'll improve. It was very expensive, too. However, the Sunday brunch was good ($20/person). El Ganzo also owns the Beach Club across the marina (a short boat ride away - they provide for free) and the food and service there was not good but the beach is beautiful. But the food at The Container Restaurant (which they also own) was consistently good and reasonably-priced. The shrimp fajitas were delicious! Also, wonderful toiletries and well-stocked vanity kits (toothbrushes/toothpaste, shaving kits, etc.) but bring your own body lotion as I was a bit mystified by the one they provided (an odd smell, a bit too greasy/oily). Live music is nice, too. Overall, El Ganzo is a wonderful place. Book soon before it gets too popular!

Room Tip: We stayed in room with a balcony and jacuzzi facing the marina. Beautiful. I think all the rooms face the marina.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
El_Ganzo_GM, Manager at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Hola Myle G,

Your words let me know that we are going in the right direction, we are now presently working in improving áreas that need be in order to provide excellent services.

Your feedback is very important to us.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to enjoy another memorable vacation at su casa El Ganzo.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

The Hotel El Ganzo is located on the Marina in San Jose del Cabo. This is tucked away in an area that has much less tourist hustle and bustle, which is exactly what we were looking for.

The Hotel is cool, and hip, the rooms are fantastic, and the service is really attentive. Our waiter knew our names and our breakfast preferences by the second day, and he was really friendly. The weekly cultural events [movies, live music, etc.] are worth participating in, and they make the hotel feel like a hidden getaway for SoCal arty types.

We had food from the restaurant downstairs, the rooftop sushi restaurant, and beachside grill. All of these were superb, and never disappointed. They are pretty pricey, though: the hotel is one of the only thing in this are, and they know it. There are a few restaurants and cantinas tucked away in the neighborhood within a few blocks of the hotel, but there isn't much else. We had the American Breakfast deal, and it was delicious, more than enough food, and well worth the cost.

The hotel is located on the edge of a growing marina development that includes an art walk, and restaurants on both sides of the cove. In time this will be a lovely place to walk, but not much had opened when we visited. However, you can rent bikes, or get a golf cart ride to the other side of the cove to visit restaurants like The Container [which I would recommend]. We found this romantic and charming to walk to dinner at the Container at sunset.

The beach is a short ferry ride across the cove, which some might consider a little annoying, but we found it nice. It felt more remote. You really have the beach to yourself, but just on the other side of a jetty, there is a public beach where fishermen and their families are cleaning fish and swimming, etc. You can't see this from the hotel beach area, and it didn't bother us one way or the other. We and the other guests were the only ones on the beach. Very nice. Service at the beach bar and grill is quick and attentive.

We loved having a balcony overlooking the marina. There's fishing boats coming in and out all day long. It isn't too loud, and it was fun to get to watch the day's catch come in, and know that you might be eating that fish later in the evening.

The pool is easily the nicest and most beautiful hotel pool I've ever seen. It is on the rooftop, and the infinity edge spills over in such a way that it feels like you're perched on the end of the earth, with the ocean stretching out infinitely into the distance.

The only detractors I would give to this hotel is that it is far from the other resorts, a little hard to find the first time, and the management is pretty tight on their policy that you not bring any food or drink into the hotel. We wanted some bottled water that didn't cost hotel prices, so we picked it up at the supermarket. The manager let us know this wasn't ok, but was kind about it, and didn't ask us to give up the water, which we appreciated.

Overall, this was an excellent place to stay, and really hip and fun. I wouldn't recommend it for older travelers or families, as it is really designed for a young, hip crowd. But it's way cooler than most of the Cabo hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PDubInAthens
El_Ganzo_GM, Manager at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Hola PDubln Ath,

I can only say that it was really great to read your review.

As manager of this resort it really is a pleasure to know that all of my teams efforts and mine are going in the right direction, which is giving our guests the best that we have.

Thanks So Much!!!!