My husband and I were there from January 3rd- January 9th. I read about this resort before we went so I was expecting there to be some hiccups. And there were. BUT, if you have read the reviews on TripAdvisor, you'll realize the resort just opened, they are working out the quirks and that is more than reflected in the price. We ended up paying about $350/night for both of us. There is NO WAY that will be the price in the future given the resort, service, location, etc. If you are super picky, I would not visit this resort now- give them a few months to get fully up and running. But if you are like us (there to relax, fine having a drink while we wait for a table for dinner, can keep ourselves occupied and do not need the staff to entertain us), than this is the place for you.
- Resort is beautiful, new and very well decorated
- We found the food to be very good. Fresh fruits, vegetables and fish were great. Portofino restaurant was our favorite.
- All the restaurants were not open every night, but if you know that ahead of time, you can coordinate where you eat. We were there 5 nights and tried each restaurant.
- The staff is incredibly nice and helpful. They need some time to polish up their serving skills (we were rarely asked how our meal was once it was served, slow clearing plates, etc), but they will get there.
- Rooms are beautiful, spacious and the mini-bar is a nice touch.
- We loved the beach. It's quiet and there are no vendors on the beach. My husband and I started every day with an hour long walk on the beach and could count the people we saw each morning on one hand.
- It is far from Cabo San Lucas ($55 cab ride/45 minutes). We find this to be a pro because we wanted to relax, it to be quiet and were not looking to go shopping or an activity there. But if you are looking to visit Cabo San Lucas, be aware of that before you go.
- It's a new resort and they need to find their groove. Things like the managers in the restaurants need to stop walking around watching the staff work and help serve and clear. They'll get there, but there are service issues in the restaurants still. We found this to be the case really only at dinner.
- They do try to sell you on upgrades and listening to their pitch for the Secrets/Dreams resorts. We chose not to listen to their sales pitch, but there was a significant discount for the spa if you did.
- The spa prices were ridiculous. I think an 80 minutes massage was like $250. I realize they likely need the prices to be high in order to incentivize people to listen to their sales pitch, but I thought they were super expensive.
I would absolutely stay again. We have no regrets about this trip at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settled in front of the Sea of Cortez, this all-suite ocean front resort offers 500 spacious suites with finely- appointed amenities, full service spa, gourmet a la carte restaurants and elegant bars and lounges. Surrounded by mountains, the Baja desert and two golf courses design by Jack Nicklaus and Greg Norman, guests will enjoy all the Unlimited-Luxury® privileges they deserve. For added luxury, 150 ocean view suites are reserved for Preferred Club with access to additional privileges. This ocean front resort is just 10 minutes from downtown San Jose del Cabo and 30 minutes from the Los Cabos International Airport. Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort – Secluded. Stunning. Splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo