Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
La Marina Inn(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
Hotel El Ganzo(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
Tropicana Inn(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Colli(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
Hotel Posada Terranova(San Jose del Cabo)
View Hotel
The Grand Mayan Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotel Ceci(San Jose del Cabo)
2,826 results
All reviewsseaside grillpreferred clubmarket cafeoceana restaurantroom serviceunlimited vacation clubel patiococo cafebarracuda barhydrotherapy circuitmain poolpuerto los cabosquiet poolentertainment staffocean viewbike tourbeach bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Secrets Puertos has extremely friendly and helpful staff. They have yet to be jaded by the demanding attitudes of foreign visitors. They worked extremely hard to make a wonderful experience. Due to the newness of the resort some of the kinks have still not been worked out. Language issues caused some mild inconveniences and will eventually work out. Simple things, like mailing a post card back home, could not be accomplished. There were no post cards nor stamps to mail home. Water main breaks caused water to be turned off at midnight and repairs and building infrastructure continue to be refined.

The overall beauty of the resort and the finishes are spectacular. The decoration and furniture are top notch. It is clean and maintained with a very polite and helpful staff.

The prices at the gift shop were very high and they charge $30 for a box lunch (which was not worth the price at all!). It is far away from the action, so you needed to buy the items on site or take a taxi in for supplies. The beach was pretty, but very slanted. Some couples we traveled with felt they were sliding off the chairs and headed back to poolside. The paths around the pool were disjointed and did not connect. There was only one path to take around the facility and we often double backed to get where we were going.

Restaurants were nice, but service was either spot on incredible or needed a lot of help. Changing schedules of the restaurants were confusing so pay attention to the daily memo. At times I just wanted a little guacamole at the restaurant and it wasn't on the menu. I think in a couple years this will be a great place. If you find a deal take it, but right now from the box lunch, golf prices, spa, and gift shops they want to charge an elite price but the service and selection are still not there.

Room Tip: Not sure all the rooms are available and they are spread out. Ask specifically for one close to the pools and closer to the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Darrell B
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I just got back from a week long stay, and this was by far the most beautiful resort I have visited to date. Brand new and luxurious! My husband and I enjoyed the peace and quiet on the beach, the infinity pools were gorgeous, the grounds were manicured perfectly. The food was very good and the service was genuine. Housekeeping twice a day was wonderful with the turndown service being more like full service. Our room was spacious and had a view of the ocean. The fitness area was great, the entertainment staff went out of their way to please. The yoga teacher was from the states, a nice touch, and taught a full spectrum yoga class. I practice yoga routinely and was glad to have a teacher that I could relate to and ask questions of. I would definitely go back and do it all again!

3  Thank tkdryt
Reviewed 19 February 2014

First of all I would like to say that we had a great vacation and met wonderful people! My first negative was that the people who did not pay for their trip were mostly very inexperienced in traveling an all inclusive adult only resort. We were there to relax and enjoy not to hear screaming and yelling around the pool, bars, and at 1am on the way back to their room. With that being said, we did find a wonderful serene spot by the little infinity pool by the hot tub. We sat there all week and enjoyed all of the people we met. So many good conversations with people just like us, down to earth and there to relax. The accommodations were beautiful. For those looking for green grass, I believe it is impossible for Puerto Los Cabos to grow grass seeing that it hardly ever rains. The work staff works very hard to make it all look crisp and clean. The concrete and tree areas are very manicured. The food was decent. Not five star but as I was told by my boyfriend the fish was the best he has ever eaten. I don't eat any fish and the meat(steaks, burgers, lamb) does not taste like the states. With that said I do live in a great city where we have the best food of all sorts so I am very picky. I got exactly what I expected, not great but good. The staff was excellent, however, the one con was the lack of understanding English. I realize we are in their country, but seeing that it is mostly English speaking guests, the company really should work on that especially with the serving staff. Housekeeping was great! Room service was great! Rooms were great! Downtown Cabo and San Jose were very fun and a great night away from the Resort. All in all I think it was a great resort a little to big and spread out for my taste. I also think if it is to full capacity they are going to have pool, restaurants, and service problems. I am so happy it was only about 30-40% our whole trip, maybe even less. Would I go back? Probably not, but there is so many more beautiful places to see in our World!

4  Thank GINA G
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Wonderful experience!!!! The staff are attentive and courteous!!!! Beautiful Hotel!!!! Spacious rooms and wonderful views!!! Great place for honeymooners or people looking for couples/adults only places!!!

Room Tip: A little out of town, so need shuttles or taxis to get in town for excursions, but a beautiful place!!!
2  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Just got back from a long Valentine's weekend. First off, I love the San Jose area. I have stayed at Las Ventanas and Esperanza which are not all inclusives so - your daily tab can be high. Since the property just opened, we found a terrific package booked online before the grand opening at 40% off. We were pleasantly surprised with our accommodations. Upon check in we decided to upgrade to an ocean front king suite with balcony jacuzzi. In retrospect, I wouldn't waste the money on the balcony jacuzzi since our bath had a lovely tub and we only used the balcony jacuzzi once. We did however enjoy the "preferred status". There is a preferred club house and we used it everyday stopping in late night to enjoy drinks made by Issac the bartender. Issac was wonderful!!!!! He went above and beyond and really understands higher end customer service.
The all inclusive food fell a little short. However, we ordered breakfast everyday via room service and it was perfect. Lunch was subpar for the both of us, dinners were OK. The "hibachi" type restaurant was all right and I think it would have been better if we were sat with an older crowd. We are professionals in our 40's and I would have preferred to sit with people we would have had more in common with. That being said, we went off campus one night and had dinner at our favorite restaurant in San Jose, Flora Farms. It's the BEST restaurant in San Jose. It's off a dirt road and in the middle of nowhere but once you are there it's such a fantastic night!
All in all, we would consider returning to Secrets. For the money - It can't be beat.

Room Tip: Don't overpay for a jacuzzi room - all the rooms are ocean front. I would opt to stay in the 600 or 700 building for sleep quality.
3  Thank karavalley