My wife and I have stayed at every Secrets in Mexico (several multiple times) and we love the properties. All the restaurants are the same (even the names) at all the properties. The food, service, rooms, etc. are all exceptional. The disappointment in this property came down to one thing....layout.
Here's the negative scoop on this property that no one has mentioned in the prior reviews:
1) All the reviews I read prior to booking said the garden view rooms were the same as ocean view. This is absolutely false. Garden view rooms are the 1st-3rd floors in buildings 1 and 2. The problem is they have building 3 and 4 between them and the ocean....so from your patio you are looking directly at another building. The 5th and 6ths floors in these two building are oceanview...as you can see over the other two buildings.
2) Think twice before upgrading to a swim out unless you go to building 8. You literally can't see the beach or the waves breaking from the first floor of ANY building. You can't even hear the sound of the waves in any except building 8 (ocean front).
These are the two main considerations when booking a room. We bought the Seas The Deal with a garden view. After seeing the situation with another building between us and the beach....we upgraded to a swim out suit in building two. It looked directly into the side of a hill...that was a fairway on the golf course. When then upgraded AGAIN to building 8...which is considered ocean front but you still can't see the beach or the waves...again because of rolling hills of the golf course. They either built the resort around the existing golf course...or if they built them simultaneously....they definitely put more emphasis on the course.
3) There are no tables in the swim out rooms (either on the patios or in the room. You have to eat room service on the bed!
I wish someone had mentioned these few points before I booked. It would have saved me hours and my sanity when we checked in....not to mention $1,100 for room upgrades...and I still had the EXACT same room layout...just ocean front...which is still 100 yards from the beach with a fairway/hill in you sight!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settled in front of the Sea of Cortez, this all-suite ocean front resort offers 500 spacious suites with finely- appointed amenities, full service spa, gourmet a la carte restaurants and elegant bars and lounges. Surrounded by mountains, the Baja desert and two golf courses design by Jack Nicklaus and Greg Norman, guests will enjoy all the Unlimited-Luxury® privileges they deserve. For added luxury, 150 ocean view suites are reserved for Preferred Club with access to additional privileges. This ocean front resort is just 10 minutes from downtown San Jose del Cabo and 30 minutes from the Los Cabos International Airport. Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort – Secluded. Stunning. Splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo