“Now Our Favorite In Cabo”

Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We spent 7 days at this resort in July and can't wait to return. This is a new property.....the rooms are beautiful, the food is great and the service we received is excellent! We found the adult only property relaxing and since it is all inclusive we didn't have to keep track of anything. We highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Jennifer R

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My husband and I just returned from a long weekend getaway to Secrets Puerto Los Cabos. We were "decompressing" after our daughter got married - looking for a place to relax and unwind and be catered too - and that is precisely what we got. The service was amazing, we never had to wait long for anything. The room was spotless and beautiful - we were along the road and were woken up by construction vehicles going by, but even that didn't affect us. The bed was far too comfy to worry about a little traffic noise.

For those of you that love to eat dinner at a buffet, don't go here in off peak times as the buffet is not open at dinner time. That didn't bother us at all as we loved trying the different restaurants. Each restaurant had its own luxurious feel, it felt like we were out on the town at a fancy restaurant. Again the service was top notch, we were addressed by our names often even when we hadn't provided it to our server. The food was very good (Aisan) to excellent (Italian and Mexican).

The pool areas were large and beautiful. The pool service was also fantastic. Often we would go to give a tip and the server would be walking away - not expecting one, which we appreciated.
The beach was very nice - no, you can't swim in the ocean (you can't at most Cabo resorts), but if you walk down the beach to the right (if facing the ocean) about 15 minutes there is a large rock jut out and you can swim there very easily.

Its a quick trip by taxi to San Jose Del Cabo - very cute downtown area with an art district. Expensive but worth a look.

Beautiful views, beautiful rooms, beautiful pools, excellent food and superb service. What more do you need? Oh, and most importantly - adults only!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that are along the road. Possibly called garden view rooms?
10  Thank gochlm
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We just returned from this resort yesterday. We have traveled all over the islands and Mexico and always all inclusive, adults only. The property is impressive in size, however it's almost TOO long to walk around a lot. If you are a hiker or jogger, it would be perfect. I suppose you could ask for the golf cart every time but the service in any part of the hotel is hit or miss. Carlos did come and pick us up after I literally almost drown at the beach. This is NOT the hotel's fault as it is Mexican grounds, however I am in pretty good shape and a strong swimmer but the undertow caught me in a few inches of water! I am SERIOUS when I say that I went under 4 times before being rescued. I also lost my phone, wallet- all my ID- not fun. Some of the staff went out of their way to be of service- others, not at all. The pools are without a doubt stunning and better than any other resort we've been too including Sandals and Excellence.

Room Tip: I believe the upgraded rooms are in the 600-700 buildings? We were in the 300 building and it was n...
7  Thank camsark2000
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Girlfriend and I enjoyed a long weekend away at Secrets Puerto Los Cabos over cinco de mayo. The hotel is new this year, so we were a tiny bit nervous (there not being a lot of reviews yet). I am happy to say that we were 100% satisfied and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

This hotel is definitely luxury - the grounds and scenery are breathtaking - the desert, the infinity pool, the deep blue ocean in the background. Also, the weather was great - very hot but not humid. We upgraded to the swim out room and it was worth every penny. The food was great, and the staff was very accommodating. We loved the entertainment staff, who went out of their way to make sure everyone was having fun (Oscar and David!), and the cinco de mayo festivities were over the top - ending with a fireworks display!

One thing to note is that this resort is definitely not for a young crowd. Most people seemed to be here to relax and unwind. This was perfect for my friend and I as we both left our young kids at home with the dads - we just wanted to lay by the pool and read all day. This is not a spring break atmosphere. No loud music, no late night dance parties, no drinking games by the pool. The crowd is mostly 35+, reading books, napping, playing golf, relaxing.

The rooms were gorgeous, the shower was amazing, the gym facilities are nice and new and clean, the beds comfortable, and the swim out was the BEST.

A word about the beach - this is the pacific ocean. It's not crystal clear turquoise blue water with powder white sand. It's deep blue water, with coarse brown sand, the waves are big and rough, and the water is cold. It's beautiful to look at, but this is not the carribbean. Also, the beach is a bit of a walk down from the resort (maybe 5 min, through a tunnel). I prefer the pool over the ocean, but if you are a beach person, this might not be the best resort for you.

Oh if you download the secrets app for your iphone you get free calls to the US (through VOIP). It wasn't always perfect, but it was pretty good for the price (free!). Free wifi throughout the resort also.

I highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Larissa646
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We just returned from a stay at Secrets PLC and although I had read all of the amazing reviews before hand we were still completely blown away. We were welcomed with hand towels as we got out of the taxi and given champagne upon check in. We had a swim out room in building 2 and absolutely loved it. The rooms are gorgeous and the resort grounds are so well maintained. You literally couldn't walk anywhere without seeing multiple employees working in the gardens, spot cleaning windows, etc. The food at every restaurant was impeccable and the coffee shop was absolutely delicious. The breakfast buffet even has a mimosa/bloody mary bar! The number one thing about this resort is by far the service. We tipped every where we went and not just because it's what you should do but because we wanted to. The service was that great! Kevin at the quiet pool was so friendly and Daniella and Carlos were such a good time at the tequila tasting event. Thanks to the entire staff at Secrets PLC. We will most definitely be back!

Room Tip: We had a swim out room and loved it! Because we were on the first floor we didn't have an ocean...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Brittany B
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a long weekend at Secrets PLC. The resort is beautiful. Mountains, Desert and Ocean views at every turn.
The rooms were spacious and the bathroom was dreamy. 2 separate vanities, a large soaking tub with jets, separate toilet and a shower with rainfall and standard head. The lighting was adjustable in the room offering you everything from soft to bright light.
The bed was so comfortable .....luxury sleeping really.
We did take advantage of using our resort credits for a swim out upgrade. I loved a morning and evening dip!
Service was good and the staff was friendly and accommodating. Eloy and Andres were standouts!
The food was ok. The drinks were not always premium. (Be specific)
But I don't have high food and drink standards for all inclusive resorts.
Oceana impressed with its views and in fact.....all of the restaurants had great interiors and felt special. If only the food matched the atmosphere.
The beach was great for lounging and wave watching. The palapas all have buzzers to ring for drink service....but they are so attentive we never had to ring.
Do walk down the beach and swim with the locals!
The only downside to our trip:
1. The hard sell for the timeshare presentation. They even called our room at 8am to remind us to come! With such a short trip, why would I want to spend a morning listening to a sales pitch? (Tell them you are under 30! Had I known that I would have lied on the sheet they make you fill out, under 30 disqualifies you!)
2. Two of our 3 nights there ....neighbors were arguing in the hallway and in the swim out well after midnight. One night we listened for 2 hours. Even after calling the front desk, nothing was done. There is no on site security as far as I could tell, and I don't think the resort wants to confront customers. The 3 couples traveling together were drunk and arguing constantly. One even bit another one as we were trying to enjoy the sunset one night! We chose an adult only resort to avoid crying and screaming children.....crying and screaming adults is far worse. We felt that maybe because we only had one room for 3 nights....we were not as valued as the 3 rooms the screamers paid for.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and made the most of our time there! Baja is a beautiful destination.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Annette C
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have been to many Secrets, and the new Secrets Puerto Los Cabos impresses again! If you are looking for a luxurious, relaxing time in a gorgeous resort with excellent service, you just cannot go wrong with Secrets resorts!

The one negative for my husband and I personally is that the beach at this resort is not swimmable. This is not the resort's fault as most beaches in Cabo are are not swimmable. But because my husband and I are beach people personally, we prefer going to the Caribbean side for longer vacations. However for a shorter trip we'd be happy to visit Secrets Puerto Los Cabos again to relax and unwind.

PRO's:
- Gorgeous new property
- Beautifully decorated room and bathroom
- Large shower for two with two shower heads
- Bed was super comfortable - we slept like dead people!
- Excellent food at all restaurants
- Portofino, the Italian restaurant, was absolutely delicious
- Oceana restaurant had magical views of the pools and ocean - highly recommended for a very romantic dinner!
- Very warm and friendly staff
- Golf carts will drive you around the property if you call for them

CON's:
- Beach is not swimmable
- Blackout curtains still let some light in at the top and bottom parts of the window in the mornings

TIPs:
- The resort no longer hands out the daily activity/restaurant info sheet. Instead, turn to Channel 5 on your TV to see it.
- Bring lots of small bills to tip the staff, including housekeepers. The staff work really hard in the heat and get paid very little. Tipping helps them out a lot and they really appreciate it!
- If you run out of small bills, you can exchange them at the front desk.

The following outstanding staff members made our stay especially unforgettable. There was nothing that they wouldn't do to make our experience better. A big THANK YOU to:
Magdiel and Ricardo at Oceana
Gabino and Hugo at Market Cafe
Itzeel, Margarita and Julio at the Spa

Thanks Secrets, and we look forward to coming back again!

12  Thank shinywings
Cabo Azul Resort
Cabo Azul Resort
#7 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#8 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#5 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!