Where do I start? Secrets PLC was my first time to Mexico and it will be VERy hard to beat now. Upon arriving, we were offered cold towels and a glass of champagne during check-in. That in itself was unexpected and pleasant! Our room was a junior suite on the third floor in the second building and it was perfect! Overlooking the adjacent building and you could see the ocean and the beach. The waves were a wonderful view to wake up to. The minibar is free, room service 24/7 is free, à la carte restaurants are free, all bars are free, poolside drinks are free.. What more could you ask for? Whenever I called the front desk or concierge, I was reminded that any request would not be overlooked as ".. This is your paradise, sir."
The room came with A/C, LCD TV, a 'secret' box where you would be able to receive room service should you not want to open your door and also where you would leave dirty dishes, a jacuzzi tub, his & her sinks, a glass enclosed shower, lovely toiletries, and a separate room for the toilet. The minibar has pop, water, and five Coronitas.
The air-conditioned rooms were perfect, the pools are the right temperature, the MANY and FUN activities were great and really at the pleasure of the entertainment staff and the nightly shows were a great spectacle.
One important note is that indeed, this is an adults-only resort. So that means alcohol is everywhere and you do NOT need a wristband. I think you might get one if you upgrade to their "Preferred Club" status, but really, what you get without is more that luxurious.
Drinks are made with top-shelf liquor (Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, Stolichnaya)and are STRONG! but you won't mind as its all free and all you have to do (Yes you should tip because the Mexicans work very hard to keep you happy) is leave a buck or two every second or third drink.
This resort has an UNSWIMMABLE beach so if you're looking to swim in the ocean or walk along the beach, be prepared to pay for a cab to drive you into town to a portion of the beach that is or DON'T come to Secrets PLC if it is a deal breaker for you. There is a bar and a dock located at the end of the path right before the beach that is very nice.
- Don't get a swim out room if you want privacy, as most we saw backed out near a pathway and five rooms are connected to one continuous pool, so others do have the ability to swim right outside your sliding door
- Visit ALL restaurants, but special allocates to Portofino (Italian) and Oceana (Seafood) for dining experience. NO reservations are required (Like at some other all inclusives) Food at all restaurants were of what I would expect from a Michelin star restaurant owned by Gordon Ramsey or Wolfgang Puck. Rich, hot food served in just the right amount of portions to savour the taste and not overeat.
- The gift shop available at the resort has prices and merchandise VERY similar to what you would find at locally owned gift shops in nearby San Jose del Cabo so if you don't really want to go into town but want souvenirs, the gift shop can be very valuable.
- TIP! It really shows how much more service workers appreciate your patronage when you tip, as noticed by us when we went back to Portofino two days after our initial visit and we got the same server who remembered our drink orders exactly. You can't beat that kind of service ANYWHERE.We always tipped at least 80 pesos for good service, between 40-60 pesos for okay service... and that was maybe on one occasion.
- Get involved when the entertainment staff hold events like volleyball, water aerobics, or 'Secrets Idol' because they work their butts off trying to keep things upbeat and fun and all they ask is for your involvement
- The gym is very nice and basically but adequately stocked. All equipments is new and the facility is comfortable
- A cab ride into the nearest town (San Jose del Cabo) is about 160 pesos to the tourist strip. To the Walmart in the same town is about 200 pesos and to the Mega about 220 pesos. Use only authorized Cab services
- Rendezvous is a beautiful, classy bar located beside the front desk and makes you feel like you should be wearing your best dress. Tip well here, as the barmen and women know how to make a good cocktail. Live Saxophone and Piano were a very nice touch.
- Liquor at Duty Free at the airport was considerably cheaper than at both Walmart and Mega, but snacks should be bought at the supermarkets and not the airport
Come to Secrets PLC expecting a lot, and leave being even more amazed! We booked our trip through Red Tag Vacations and it was a breeze from booking to landing back home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settled in front of the Sea of Cortez, this all-suite ocean front resort offers 500 spacious suites with finely- appointed amenities, full service spa, gourmet a la carte restaurants and elegant bars and lounges. Surrounded by mountains, the Baja desert and two golf courses design by Jack Nicklaus and Greg Norman, guests will enjoy all the Unlimited-Luxury® privileges they deserve. For added luxury, 150 ocean view suites are reserved for Preferred Club with access to additional privileges. This ocean front resort is just 10 minutes from downtown San Jose del Cabo and 30 minutes from the Los Cabos International Airport. Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort – Secluded. Stunning. Splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo