“Fantastic stay!”

Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
“Fantastic stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2014

We were lucky enough to have a chance to stay in this Superior Resort as a part of my wife's companys President Club trip. Upon pulling into this Resort, it felt like something you would see in a Movie and that feeling only echoed once we were walked through the lounge of the resort. The design seemed flawless.We were booked in an ocean view suite with a swim up pool. All I can say is WOW, about the room. Everything was very luxurious. The bed was awesome and the view was even better. On to the food... We really enjoyed all of the food options they had at this resort. Was probably the best food i've had at an all inclusive resort. Also, since we stayed in an ocean view suite, we were a part of the Preferred Lounge. The best thing about this lounge was that they had Premium liqour! Lets just say we visited this lounge daily. Another great thing about this resort were the people. Everyone was very friendly.

Overall, I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel especially if you are looking to get away from the party atmosphere of Cabo San Lucas and if you are looking for a place to stay for pure relaxation

Room Tip: Can not go wrong with ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank mark z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (717)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

We just returned from six days at Secrets. It is by far best all inclusive we have tried (Riu Palace and Sandals) the resort is immaculate, spacious, clean and beautiful. Views from the ocean throughout the property. We stayed in an ocean view swim up room in building 6. I highly recommend the swim out!!! Building 6 is close to everything and is in "preferred club" --this was worth it! The preferred club serves premium drinks and they will make you whatever you want fresh watermelon grey goose martini! All fresh juices. They have snacks in the preferred club all day. Building 5 is the best building to be in that is non preferred. It's the same price as the furthest away building. I was very confused when booking. Building 1,2,3 are mainly garden view, and furthest from pool and beach. Building 4 and 5 with 5 being best, is close to everything and great views. Buildings 6,7,8 are preferred club great views. Building 8 is the premier building it's the only one right on the ocean, ocean front. It is VERY expensive. I would not pay for it. You can rent a villa in cabo with chef's and staff for what they charge building 8, rooms are exactly the same as in other buildings. Not worth it, unless you get it for free or free upgrade. I highly recommend swim out rooms we loved having our own private pool using it morning night whenever we wanted too. It was best part of the trip. The restaurants are "ok" the ambiance is very nice, fine dining in Portofino, Oceana, and the Asian Restaurant. We did not try El Patio since there was Mexican Food all day at the buffet, seaside restaurant and other places. Pools are beautiful. There is large pool with restaurants around it, swim up bar and activities. Lively, good people watching, music. There is a smaller pool with incredible views, infinity pool on the ocean. Definitely go there for the views, and you can walk straight down to the beach and while you cannot swim because gigantic waves, but you can lay out in covered areas with beach service all day. It is beautiful! Resort has the best room service, and they are quick enough. They put the food/drinks in your secret box so you don't have to open the door. PLEASE bring tipping money and tip! We brought hundreds of $1. bills and tipped everyone that waited on us. Few dollars every round of drinks, tip at dinner. You are going to be served, 5 star sit down dinner with great service and drinks, you would pay hundreds at any restaurant. Do tip at least $5-$10.00 at dinner. Don't be cheap. I realize it's all inclusive, you should practice good manners and tip. They are very poor and work very, very hard --enough said. I watched people make the waiters run in the heat back forth, never tip. It was terrible to watch. This is not a party resort, it is very quiet, luxurious, beautiful spa, good gym again everything is brand new. The people are wonderful, kind, nice and go the extra mile. They do have activities you can participate in: Golf, Spa, walking the beach, yoga/pilates/water aerobics, and etc. There is small charming town 10 min cab drive $15.00 that we enjoyed. Great art, shops and churches build in 1700's. I would recommend this for couples, honeymooners, anniversaries or just to relax.

Room Tip: Building 5 for non-preferred club, best location and preferred club building 6 & 7. Swim out roo...
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
13 Thank Susan F
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

We had the best, most amazing vacation!!! I felt like i was royalty, to the extent that i felt bad. The amazing staff would not let you lift a finger, and they were the nicest people ever!!! I cant wait to go back to see some of the staff!!!!!
the property itself was immaculate!!!! always perfect to perfection!!! i don't have a single bad thing to say about the property, staff, food, service, pool. it was all the most amazing experience ever!!!
the food was delicious, abundant!!!! wonderful!!!!!

Room Tip: our room was amazing!!! it didnt have an ocean view and still amazing!!! i would take anyroom they h...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tinatrulove
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

I just returned from Secrets Los Cabos recently. I must say, they've done it again. The resort is spectacular. I walked into my room and there was a huge soaking tub with very romantic lighting all around it. There were 2 sinks (his and hers) on opposite sides of the wall, which for me was wonderful as I like to spread my make up, etc all over the counter. Shower was large and loved the shower heads
My room was huge, with a Jacuzzi tub between the bathroom and the bedroom. My bar was stocked with premium alcohol and the refrigerator had soda, juices, wine and water.

I had an ocean view in the Preferred Club. The Preferred Club is definitely a benefit and I highly recommend you pay the difference as it's totally worth it. Room service was also very good and prompt.

I really have nothing negative to say about this resort. I think my favorite room was the Swim out in the Preferred Club. I also liked the quiet pool at the far end of the resort. There are 2 pools and both are huge with great views, I just preferred the quiet one.

Food and drinks were amazing, definitely up to Secrets standards and I loved the bakery/coffee place that was just off of the lobby. Sorry, can't remember the name, but I made many stops there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Sharon_Islands
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

This resort property is a must stay! The resort opened in December 2013, we stayed here in March 2014. The service throughout is impeccable! Great restaurants and friendly staff. Just call Horacio if you need anything and he will take good care of you. No matter where you are on the property the views are amazing! The landscape was young and they were building the beach bar, but that didn't matter. They were adding the final touches to this majestic resort. We are planning our 2015 trip, can't wait to see how things have changed in a year.

Room Tip: Every room has an awesome view and convenient to resort amenities and restaurants.Some rooms have Ja...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pamela542014
Orange County, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

I have stayed at secrets resorts in the past and absolutely love them! Puerto Los Cabos was great. The food was great, service impeccable, and rooms beautiful. Lots of activities to take part in. There is even a secluded beach-side bar that has swings for seats! We also had a bottle of champagne waiting in our room when we got there because we celebrating a special occasion. And one of the nights, the staff placed rose petals shaped in the form of a heart on the bed! The service and attention to detail is amazing.

The only thing I would say about this resort compared to Secrets Marquis (Los Cabos), is that the liquor selection is lacking. At Marquis there were top shelf selections at every bar and restaurant. At PLC, the selections were more lacking. If for instance you wanted Don Julio tequila, you had to have access to the members bar, or had to have one of the poolside servers go to that bar and get it for you. They had 2 restaurants that had a better selection of top shelf liquor, but they weren't always open.

Be this as it may, we will continue to go to Secrets resorts including returning to this one. Amazing!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Tony G
Washington, District of Columbia, District of Columbia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

We had previously stayed at Secrets resorts and loved it, would not recommend Secrets Puerto Los Cabo Golf and Spa Resort. Many area were disappointing, especially areas of service, food quality and lower beverage products being used for cocktails. Management follow up was non caring to make it even worse.We were very disappointed on may areas of our stay and provided this feedback during the stay hoping local management could resolve our concerns.

We believe we choose the golf, one round free package, on arrival we were told we didn’t and talking with your staff member they said there seems to be a problem with this package as many of our guests say they choose that option but have problems on arrival. We explained our situation to reception, concierge, head concierge, front Office manager and resident manager. All said they couldn’t do anything as the resort than the golf operation. On talking with the golf operation, they told us they are part of the resort. On talking with the resident manager he offered us vouchers to assist with our disappointment and a complimentary 25 minute massage, the massage vouchers never arrived, even on asking. On picking up the vouchers the staff member told us that these vouchers are what the resort offers every guest. This is not how you can make a guest feel special, very disappointing.
On asking the rate difference between the golf package and normal rate was told the golf rate was an extra $530. I asked how can this be possible as the rate to play for 2 people is $310. I said this means you are taking advantage of a guests, they staff member was unable to provide an explanation.
On check in our Room was not ready at check in time.
When arriving into the room, door was open.

Golf Clubs from room to reception was so confusing it took communication with more than 4 staff members and 30 minutes later for it to happen.
Food not as good as other Secret Resorts we have stayed at.

To end our trip, we couldn’t believe the service and confusion with the Hospitality room. On check out we requested the hospitality room for a shower, we booked it for 3.30pm. We arrived at reception, it tool 10 mins to be allocated a room, then staff member took us to a room, key did not work, he went back to reception got another key and that key didn’t work. After another 10 min wait and not 4pm (30min wait) we went to reception to ask what was happening. He said he sent another staff member to open another room for us. She did not communicate with us and the first staff member pointed us to the room. This was unacceptable and no apology.
You can't swim at the beach, so if you want a beach resort, this is not the resort to stay at.

On a positive note. The rooms are new and very nice, the pools area great
The Japanese restaurant, staff provided amazing service and special mention to chef Jesus and Service waiter Jordi, they were fantastic.

We definitely will not be returning to Secrets Cabo.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank Lynda R
EconciergeSecretsPLC, E concierge at Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 24 October 2014
Dear Guest;

I send a cordial greeting.
At Secrets Puerto Los Cabos, we hear and value our customers. Please accept my deepest apologies for all the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay, it is certainly not common; according to our quality standards and I dont understand how this could ever happen. Still, please feel free to contact me directly and I promise to personally follow up on your complaint.
In the meantime, please make sure that I will pass over this information to our GM for preventive purposes and feedback.
Thank you for have taken the time to post on Trip Advisor.

Carlos Pérez
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
#31 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
4.0 of 5 bubbles 6,399 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#16 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,202 reviews

Been to Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!