“Expensive but worth it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
San Francisco
“Expensive but worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

As we get older, the calories seem to matter more than the price. Though admittedly pricey, the calories were worth it. We had suckling pig, yellowtail tostadas, seafood fajitas and sea bass. Big portions. Couldn't decide what was the best dish. Also had a nice dessert sampler. Ambiance was a little dark.

Visited April 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Flavourful and Plentiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

We dined at Sea Grill for five days, there was a theme menu most of the nights. Service is outstanding, the food is flavourful and plentiful. Menu is both in English and Spanish, there are some innovative items in the menu such as the nachos served in a Molcajete,it won't disappoint but something different from the "American" version, I will encourage you to order it. Since there is a wood-burning grill/oven pizzas are also good my husband and son had the Hawaiian pizza as an appetizer and were quite impressed.

My favourite items on the menu: Molcajete Mar y Tierra (a real treat); Ceviche (to be shared); Shrimp tacos; Tacos al Pastor (shredded pork tacos); and to cool you off while sun tanning ask for a Michelada with Pacifico beer, salud!

• Visited March 2013
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful resort but disappointed in Sea Grill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

We went there for my 50th Birthday dinner while staying at the Hilton next door. The resort is truly beautiful, we felt like were in romantic wonderland. Coming down the drive at night with all the fire pits burning is so cool. We were greeted and escorted to the restaurant which was fabulous. But that's about where it ends. Our waiter took our order and then brought us our tab. That's it. Table runner brought us our food and drinks. When he explained the tip is included in the bill I understood why he took no effort in making sure that we had a good dining experience. They never acknowledged it was my birthday even though our concierge let them know and we told them when we arrived. Not to mention I ordered shrimp and steak which was overlooked and buried in way too much sauce. Unfortunately you only turn 50 once and the dinner will be memorable for all the wrong reasons. We thought we'd like to come back stay there but it really left literally a bad taste in our mouths. Can't speak for people actually staying there maybe they are treated better.

1 Thank TravelBug1SF
Boston, MA
“Gorgeous restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

The restaurant was beautiful, it was at the front of the resort closest to the beach. The menu was varied, I can't really identify how I would categorize the food? The food was very good, but It was a fairly expensive meal despite a fairly inexpensive wine we ordered. It was such a lovely resort I think I would recommend visiting just to check it out! You definitely need a reservation, we stayed close by and tried to stop for a drink and were turned away at the gate. Also worth noting, its not a fun place, definitely quiet and laid back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta
“Beautiful, but overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Let me start by saying that the food was atmosphere were amazing! We were not staying at the resort, but came for dinner. The staff could not have been more polite. We knew we were going to have an expensive dinner, and usually have no problem with that. I would say that spending almost $400 on dinner did sting a little bit. Yes, the food and wine were amazing (and the celebrity watching wasn't bad either) but I am not sure we would return due to the inflated prices. There are many high end restaurants in Los Cabo/Cabo San Lucas so I would prefer to return to others first.

• Visited February 2012