I just returned from a trip from the Hyatt Ziva that I booked through a Living Social deal. This was our first trip to Cabo. I travel on a weekly basis because of my work and stay in Marriott/Hilton level hotels, so I'm very particular about cleanliness and staff service. We were looking for a resort with a relaxing vibe, high quality service and modern amenities and Hyatt delivered.
Service: Staff were friendly, responsive and showed their enthusiasm for customer service.
Room: We had the jr suite garden view with a balcony. Room was very spacious, clean and the decor was tasteful. The mattress was comfortable and there was even a pillow menu. The bathroom had a separate jetted tub and rainfall shower head. They had a full toiletry kit with nice shampoos, shower gel, etc. Smart-room technology was an unexpected pleasant bonus where you can access the internet and control room climate remotely. WI-Fi is free, however it does not consistently work. There were days when we could not access the network at all from our rooms, so we had to take our laptops to the lobby and work there. Hyatt really needs to look into fixing the Wi-fi in the rooms especially since there is no business center. Also, our telephone did not work consistently. For some reason our phones were always on hold, so we couldn't dial in or receive incoming phones. The hotel engineers attempted to fix this problem 2 times, but to no avail.
Food: The food quality was about as good as it will get for an all-inclusive. The quality is good, just not great, but there are many options. You have a choice of a buffet or a la carte (for dinner) and you don't have to make reservations for the a la carte restaurants- not common for all-inclusive resorts. We were always able to get a table at the a la carte restaurants. Drinks from the bar were awesome and did not taste watered down. My only complaint was that if you're not able to get breakfast before 11, the only place available to eat until noon is a snack bar.
Spa: My husband and I had a couples relaxation massage. Since we got 50% of spa services through living social, we went twice. If you purchase a spa service, you get access to the hydrotherapy pools, sauna and steam room- a nice add on service. Even without the discount, the prices were competitive. The decor of the spa was superior. The reservations were spaced out so that there were only a couple of other people at the spa while we were there. Our spa attendants were so friendly and did a great job- they applied just enough pressure to really relax your muscles.
Pool/beach: Resort was conveniently located right on the beach. The ocean on the property is not swimmable. Thankfully there were only a couple of annoying beach vendors and they were not aggressive at all. The winding pool is HUGE and was not crowded at all. There's also an adult pool with it's own bar. A part of the main pool is heated and has two large jacuzzis. The hotel does not play the radio by the pool, so it is quiet.
Gym: Top of the line equipment with multiple treadmills, elliptical runners, bikes and complete nautilus equipment and free weight sets. I was really surprised at the number of nautilus equipment. There's also a hard-court tennis court, basketball court and separate locker rooms with showers. There was hardly anyone at the gym so you didn't have to wait to use any equipment and the gym was open from 7 am-9 pm.
Overall: If you're looking for a resort where you "can just get away from it all," this the place to be. On the other hand, if you're looking to party, look elsewhere. The resort is conveniently located within walking distance to many shops, including a Mega grocery store, starbucks and some restaurants. We would recommend this resort to family and friends and would visit Hyatt again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport. Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront. This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo and Travelbag so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo