“Awesome!”

Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Mentone, California
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We went for 5 days with our group from Circle K it was by far the best experience!!! EVERYONE was happy to work there and serve always making one a priority. We will for sure miss the views, service, and staff. Every corner was clean and amazing I really would not go anywhere else!!! Highly recommended I do not see anyone being dissatisfied if they should choose Hyatt Ziva!! Thank you!!!

Room Tip: Everything was PERFECT! Thank You!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your preference, many thanks for your kind comments and recommendations.

We are delighted to know that you enjoy our facilities but most of all the service provided for our staff. We want to create memorable experiences from the first to the last moment to all our guests.

We cannot wait for another opportunity to host you.

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (878)
  • Turkish first
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This review is for the Spa which is part of the Hotel Ziva. The wife and I booked a couples massage which was much better than our expectations. The Spa area itself, steam room, sauna, whirlpool and plunge pools were all excellent. We really cannot complain about the service, the high quality furnishings and environment at all. Danely in reception and Rossy and Martha our masseuses were awesome and took great care of us. Really an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind comments, we are pleased to learn the great time that you had with us.

All our Spa staff is delighted with your kind comments, our therapist and all the staff are committed to pamper all our guests with the best quality and services, we offer a wide variety or massages, beauty pleasures and beauty mirrors for everyone.

Many thanks for mentioning the persons who contributed with your great experience, we are looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Went on a one week all-inclusive with a buddy last week. There were concerns about how "all-inclusive" the vacation might be but those concerns were cast aside the moment we arrived. If not for off-resort travels, there were no expenses save for tips to deserving staff. Food was great, drinks flowed fairly freely. Pools are great. Room was comfortable and aside from an air conditioner that was immediately repaired, no real issues. We never heard "no". Impressive number of weddings and receptions, all different and not an imposition on other hotel guests. Beach is wide and sandy. No surprises with the Sea of Cortez (you just don't do it). Walking in town was safe and interesting. Hotel staff excellent. Definite return location for me. Like another reviewer, special mention goes to Eduardo Antonio Gonzalez who really set the standard for service excellence. He did everything to make you feel special. We sought out his help at every opportunity and a repeat to this resort would be because of it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ken H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to write regarding your recent experience.

We are delighted reading about the things that you enjoy the most during your stay, we are committed to pamper all our guest and make them fell like home from the first to the last moment, Eduardo is always attentive providing his best service, many thanks for mention his great performance.

We are looking forward to see you soon.

Algonquin, Illinois
Reviewed 6 May 2014

From start to finish this was an amazing trip. The Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos exceeded all our expectations. The service was prompt and friendly, the food was delicious, the rooms were beautifully appointed.
Eduardo Antonio Gonzalez was our favorite staff member at the Restaurant International!

Room Tip: We had a large group for a wedding. All rooms and areas of the hotel were wonderful.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We would like to express our appreciation for your kind comments and the time you took to write them.

Our commitment is to provide the best services to create memorable experiences for all our guests, we are delighted to learn that all our facilities were comfortable for you, many thanks for mentioning Eduardo, he will receive a mention in our monthly associates meeting for their great job.

We cannot wait to see you soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I promised the people in the spa that I would write a review. I liked this hotel a lot, but I LOVED the spa. I had a "Quirogolf" massage, given by Pedro, and it was the best massage I have ever had!! And yes, it was performed with golf balls. When is this procedure going to make it to the states?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cyndy W
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate the time you took to write and share your kind comments.

Our Spa staff is very thankful with your gentle words, they strive every day innovating with the best quality and products, we are consider the best and the biggest Spa in San Jose del Cabo.

We are delighted to learn that you had a great time during your recent stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I'm a diamond Hyatt member and i'm used to getting the best of rooms and service. I went to Cabo to celebrate my birthday and decided to treat myself and my cousin to a 2 bedroom luxurious 1200+ ocean view suite. Upon entering our suite, we were shocked to see a much smaller suite probably around 8-900 sq ft outfitted with extremely outdated and worn furnishings with views of the pool. There were 3 large palm trees in front of our 4th floor suite which hindered us in getting an ocean view. I proceeded to make my way to the VIP service team and express my dissatisfaction. In turn I got a response that nothing else was available because they were 90% occupied but that she would speak to her mananger. After several hours of not hearing from the manager, I went back to the VIP service team and spoke to someone else who was unaware of my situation. He in turn told me that the only thing he had available was a down grade because my suite was the best they had outside of the presidential suite. I said that was unacceptable and he too responded by saying he would have the manager get in touch with me. After several more hours of not hearing from anyone, I went back only to hear that the manager was at the bank and would get in touch with me upon his return. Well you know what's next, I never heard from him. The next morning I went to the private VIP lounge and found the mgr of social media there and decided to seek her help. She was the first person that reacted to our situation., She found us a suite that was being vacated that day and we needed to wait until it was cleaned which was fine by us. The most disappointing piece in all of this is that not 1 person apologized or offer any empathy for the situation included the social media mgr. We informed her that we didn't have access to WIFI which I was supposed to get free and we had no hot water in our suite to take showers. This was a prime opportunity to apologize for our inconveniences but unfortunately we got nothing. The only other negative that I wanted to mention is I agree with Charles S's review about the a la carte restaurants. Often times you were waiting 30+ mins for a table and you'd enter into the restaurant after waiting and it would be half empty. On a positive note, our new suite was amazing! We had gorgeous furnishings and an amazing view - exactly what I thought I reserved! The bartenders, waiters, pool attendants etc were so accommodating. The check in staff could take some lessons from the wait staff in how to be customer centric. Anyway, the location was beautiful, the resort was beautifully appointed and clean and the food was good.

Room Tip: I'm giving service an excellent rating but it's meant for the housekeepers, barteners, waite...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tara F
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your loyalty and the time you took to share your comments.

Please allow me the opportunity to offer you a sincere apology for the inconveniences that you experienced during your recent stay with us, definitely is not the perception we want to offer with our services, our Front Desk Manager is aware of the lack of service that you mentioned and the proper actions will be taken to avoid this happen again.

We are happy that you enjoyed our facilities and our restaurants, many thanks for mentioning the staff that contributed to make your stay pleasant.

As a diamond member your comments and suggestions are very important for us, we hope you give us another opportunity to host you in the near future.

Mahwah, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My boyfriend and I went to the Hyatt Ziva from 4/30 to 5/5. This vacation was perfection from day one until our departure. I have found in previous experience that all-inclusives dont necessarily have the best food, but this place.... the food is AMAZING. And when they say all inclusive, they really mean ALL INCLUSIVE. This includes 5 or 6 restaurants (Japanese/Hibachi, French, Italian, Steakhouse, Seafood and a buffet - which is even delicious) AND room service that they will deliver to your room at any hour AND all alcohol. The staff is friendly and will go above and beyond to help you with anything. The rooms are amazing, so clean and newly renovated. The weather was 90 degrees, sunny and no humidity everyday. I will 100% be returning to this resort. I give it 6 stars!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Alexa S
Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to host you, we are delighted with your kind comments.

We strives every day to pamper all our guests, especially in our restaurants our Food and beverage team is always innovating to offer a wide variety of plates for all tastes, we enjoy providing memorable experiences to all our guests.

I hope you give us another opportunity to host you in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Cabo Azul Resort
Cabo Azul Resort
#7 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,657 reviews
Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,779 reviews
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,070 reviews
Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#4 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,015 reviews

Been to Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos? Share your experiences!