Just came back from a 5 nights stay at Hyatt Ziva. We were there to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Though I made the effort of letting the hotel know ahead of time of our celebration. But disappointed ... nothing was done on behalf of the hotel.
We had a warm and friendly welcome by Rodrigo at the main entrance once we stepped off van. Took care of our luggage and directed us to the reception for check in. While we are in line, he brought us some refreshing juice. Impressed by his service right at the beginning our stay! He remembered and greeted us every time we see him. Not quite impressed with the check in process. I believe his name is Eduardo who assisted us. Maybe he got upset by a complaining guest in front of us. No smiles from him at all from start to finish. When asked about the Family Getaway deal that's being advertised on the hotel website, he knew nothing about it and had to go check with another staff. He even asked, "are you asking for an upgrade"? After waiting for awhile, the only family suite available is on the ground floor. After all, we took a standard room on a higher floor with partial ocean view.
Overall our room is good. However, I think the room needs some fixes/maintenance. Seems a bit old compare to the rooms other reviewers posted. I think it depends on the building. Housekeeping is prompt. The only thing is they don't refill toiletries daily. We had to call and ask for it and they didn't bring it to us till the next day when I have to call again. They have the pillow menu, but the type of pillow I wanted wasn't available for days. I asked for a firmer pillow, what they brought was like a sandbag.
Overall, services at restaurants were good. Food tasted good, but on some dishes the taste were a little off. Plenty of options from buffet to a la cart restaurants. There is a bit of wait at the French and Japanese restaurant if you go later in the evening. On our last night, we went for Italian because there was a bit of wait at the French. There were empty tables but the hostess didn't want to seat us and said they are not taking wait list. Usually you are given a pager if there's a wait. She didn't say any reason. Only said you can get a table if someone leaves. Uh? went to the front desk and complained. She walked me over to the restaurant to find out what's going. We got seated pretty much right after. But some people got turned away before us. Room service was not too impressive. Long wait and food came dry.
Pool area is wonderful. We had fun going between the 2 pools area. Kids water play area needs a bit of paint update and beware of the slippery ground texture. It would be great if they have a water slide Like some other reviews said, guests get up very early in the morning to put their stuff on the lounge chairs and don't show up until much later. Not much service around the pool area. Rather place your own food and drinks order to get a faster service. Great deal on the cabana rental, very relaxing. First we had to hunt down the guy who's in charge of the rental, a bit of a hassle. But again, not much service. The guy probably just came by 3 times while we were out there for the whole day.
Entertainment was excellent. Very professional performance and talented performers!
Overall we had a wonderful time and would come back again. We love the hotel grounds, lots of space to just lounge around. Don't expect the staff knows everything, you probably have to ask few people before you get your answers. Would definitely book the ocean view room next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport. Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront. This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo