I Purchased 3 day passes for my friends to come and spend the day with me at the resort. They were not able to arrive until approximately 1pm and stayed on the property until 730pm. My friends arrived late and ended up staying until approximately 730pm at the end of the day we all walked from hotel Ziva to the beach and were stopped by security. He initially told me there were no day passes that were sold for this day and wanted to know when/how I purchased them. I told him they were purchased that morning, at the platinum/diamond desk, I asked him to ask desk rep and gave him my name and room number. My friends and I proceeded to walk to the beach for about 15mins. Security and one other gentleman waited for us by the beach entrance. My guests were ready to leave and take a taxi from Ziva to their hotel we walked from the beach to the hotel. Security stopped us again and told me the day passes were purchased the previous day and were not good on this day. Essentially he called me a liar and detained everyone. This was done in a very rude and disrespectful manor, it was aggressive and scary for myself, my sister and our three guests. I paid a lot of $ for my guests to come to Ziva, they arrived late and I assumed the policy could flex 2 hours because of their late arrival. In any case I should have been given the opportunity to correct the situation, by paying for the additional 2 hours or some other method that was respectful. It did not happen.
I understand policy and procedure they are guidelines by which employes and staff can operate within. There is a right way and a wrong way to treat customers and the security staff that I encountered were terrible, not in control but rude, aggressive & assuming and during this encounter I can't help but think I'm paying my money, spending my time staying at this Hyatt for the very first time to be treated like a criminal and with complete disrespect.
Security made assumptions with bad information, he did not have the facts, he assumed we were breaking the rules and chose to engaged us in that manor from the start of the situation. This was a minor issue no one was in danger, and it was not life and death yet it was treated like top priority, and it was an embarrassing moment to be a part of.
I should been given the opportunity to, explain myself, make it right, pay more, anything other than be called a liar and have my friends be escorted off the property like complete criminals - it was embarrassing for me and the Hyatt Ziva should be ashamed - it was a failure in customer service because of how the security team behaved.
Hyatt Ziva has lost a future customer I cannot go there again nor will I recommend it to family or friends. This saddens me as I have stayed at many hyatts around the world and I’ve never had this type of experience.
That evening I spoke to a front desk manager and said all the right things to diffuse the situation, Also he told me he would follow up with me and never did - typical.
Basically the staff at this hyatt location put a policy in front of the customer, it was an awful experience and I was not satisfied with the managerial response. I filed a complaint with hyatt customer service but have yet to hear back.
Anecdotal review information: the WIFI is awful, this needs to be fixed. Showers lack warm water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport. Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront. This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TravelUp, Odigeo and Travelbag so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo