“Hyatt Ziva Policy before Customer” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Portland, Oregon
“Hyatt Ziva Policy before Customer”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I Purchased 3 day passes for my friends to come and spend the day with me at the resort.   They were not able to arrive until approximately 1pm and stayed on the property until 730pm. My friends arrived late and ended up staying until approximately 730pm at the end of the day we all walked from hotel Ziva to the beach and were stopped by security.  He initially told me there were no day passes that were sold for this day and wanted to know when/how I purchased them.  I told him they were purchased that morning, at the platinum/diamond desk, I asked him to ask desk rep and gave him my name and room number.  My friends and I proceeded to walk to the beach for about 15mins.  Security and one other gentleman waited for us by the beach entrance.  My guests were ready to leave and take a taxi from Ziva to their hotel we walked from the beach to the hotel.  Security stopped us again and told me the day passes were purchased the previous day and were not good on this day. Essentially he called me a liar and detained everyone. This was done in a very rude and disrespectful manor, it was aggressive and scary for myself, my sister and our three guests. I paid a lot of $ for my guests to come to Ziva, they arrived late and I assumed the policy could flex 2 hours because of their late arrival.  In any case I should have been given the opportunity to correct the situation, by paying for the additional 2 hours or some other method that was respectful.  It did not happen.

I understand policy and procedure they are guidelines by which employes and staff can operate within.  There is a right way and a wrong way to treat customers and the security staff that I encountered were terrible, not in control but rude, aggressive & assuming and during this encounter I can't help but think I'm paying my money, spending my time staying at this Hyatt for the very first time to be treated like a criminal and with complete disrespect.

Security made assumptions with bad information, he did not have the facts, he assumed we were breaking the rules and chose to engaged us in that manor from the start of the situation.  This was a minor issue no one was in danger, and it was not life and death yet it was treated like top priority, and it was an embarrassing moment to be a part of.

I should been given the opportunity to, explain myself, make it right, pay more, anything other than be called a liar and have my friends be escorted off the property like complete criminals - it was embarrassing for me and the Hyatt Ziva should be ashamed - it was a failure in customer service because of how the security team behaved.

Hyatt Ziva has lost a future customer I cannot go there again nor will I recommend it to family or friends. This saddens me as I have stayed at many hyatts around the world and I’ve never had this type of experience.

That evening I spoke to a front desk manager and said all the right things to diffuse the situation, Also he told me he would follow up with me and never did - typical.

Basically the staff at this hyatt location put a policy in front of the customer, it was an awful experience and I was not satisfied with the managerial response. I filed a complaint with hyatt customer service but have yet to hear back.

Anecdotal review information: the WIFI is awful, this needs to be fixed. Showers lack warm water.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Jason M
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Visitors are allowed to use and enjoy our facilities with a Day Pass Bracelet, this give you access to our Buffets, Bars, Snacks, pools and to the activities that we have during the day for a period of 8 hours, from 9:00am to 5:00pm or 6:00pm to 2:00 am in an all inclusive plan.

We are very sorry that your friends were not able to arrive earlier and they could not enjoy all the facilities, our intention was not to make you and your guests feel uncomfortable with our policies please accept my apologies if we may caused you any inconvenience.

We hope to have another opportunity to host you in the near future.

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (822)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just came back from a 5 nights stay at Hyatt Ziva. We were there to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Though I made the effort of letting the hotel know ahead of time of our celebration. But disappointed ... nothing was done on behalf of the hotel.

We had a warm and friendly welcome by Rodrigo at the main entrance once we stepped off van. Took care of our luggage and directed us to the reception for check in. While we are in line, he brought us some refreshing juice. Impressed by his service right at the beginning our stay! He remembered and greeted us every time we see him. Not quite impressed with the check in process. I believe his name is Eduardo who assisted us. Maybe he got upset by a complaining guest in front of us. No smiles from him at all from start to finish. When asked about the Family Getaway deal that's being advertised on the hotel website, he knew nothing about it and had to go check with another staff. He even asked, "are you asking for an upgrade"? After waiting for awhile, the only family suite available is on the ground floor. After all, we took a standard room on a higher floor with partial ocean view.

Room:
Overall our room is good. However, I think the room needs some fixes/maintenance. Seems a bit old compare to the rooms other reviewers posted. I think it depends on the building. Housekeeping is prompt. The only thing is they don't refill toiletries daily. We had to call and ask for it and they didn't bring it to us till the next day when I have to call again. They have the pillow menu, but the type of pillow I wanted wasn't available for days. I asked for a firmer pillow, what they brought was like a sandbag.

Food/Restaurants:
Overall, services at restaurants were good. Food tasted good, but on some dishes the taste were a little off. Plenty of options from buffet to a la cart restaurants. There is a bit of wait at the French and Japanese restaurant if you go later in the evening. On our last night, we went for Italian because there was a bit of wait at the French. There were empty tables but the hostess didn't want to seat us and said they are not taking wait list. Usually you are given a pager if there's a wait. She didn't say any reason. Only said you can get a table if someone leaves. Uh? went to the front desk and complained. She walked me over to the restaurant to find out what's going. We got seated pretty much right after. But some people got turned away before us. Room service was not too impressive. Long wait and food came dry.

Pool area is wonderful. We had fun going between the 2 pools area. Kids water play area needs a bit of paint update and beware of the slippery ground texture. It would be great if they have a water slide Like some other reviews said, guests get up very early in the morning to put their stuff on the lounge chairs and don't show up until much later. Not much service around the pool area. Rather place your own food and drinks order to get a faster service. Great deal on the cabana rental, very relaxing. First we had to hunt down the guy who's in charge of the rental, a bit of a hassle. But again, not much service. The guy probably just came by 3 times while we were out there for the whole day.

Entertainment was excellent. Very professional performance and talented performers!

Overall we had a wonderful time and would come back again. We love the hotel grounds, lots of space to just lounge around. Don't expect the staff knows everything, you probably have to ask few people before you get your answers. Would definitely book the ocean view room next time.

2 Thank dora1127
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Creating memorable time for all our guests is our main goal, many thanks for taking a moment to share your comments.

It was a pleasure to play a part in making your family vacation a unique and wonderful moment, as a family Resort we offer a wide variety of activities and facilities for all ages. Thank you for mentioning every detail that made our stay more pleasant and for pointed out what we are doing improperly, we strive every day to offer the best quality and service to all our guests.

We would like to have another opportunity to host you.

Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I hate writing reviews and yet I had to give this location 5 stars! The people are amazing and the location was perfect. Thank you so much!

The only warning is the internet is really slow. Early in the morning, the speed on the WiFi is fine, but during the day it's impossible to send a simple email.

1 Thank Michael D
Dear Guest,

First of all we want to thank you for the time you took to share your experience with us.

Your feedback and comments helps us to continue improving our service, they let us know the areas that we need to enhance in order to achieve our goals.

We truly appreciate your comments with regards to our service and the friendliness of our staff, we love to serve and we hope to have another opportunity to host you in the near future.

Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our family of 4 (two boys, ages 9 and 12) just returned after spending 5 days at Ziva. I'll share our experience and tips to get the best experience from you stay.

Airport arrival: waited in line 45mins to pass customs, there were only 3 agents to handle 200+ visitors arriving on two flights. One of the longest wait ever at any airport. Just be advised that you might have a long wait to exit out of airport. The airport is small with no real gate, just steps to the ground versus a gate straight to terminal.

Resort check-in: Arrived at hotel around 2pm, a short 20min car ride from airport. The hotel entrance is grand and very open. The front desk clerk, Edgardo was inviting and funny. Giving us a great room (family suite) with two bathrooms in Bldg 2 after I asked for complimentary upgrade.

Room: Our room (2108) was spacious with two bathrooms, which comes in handy for family with children, taking multiple showers after a day at beach or pool. First floor rooms open to kids pool, even though our boys (ages 9 & 12) did not use the kids pool, which is more tailored towards toddlers. We had a King bed and rollaway sofa bed for the kids. Room has full stash of snacks and drinks, and free room service. Two TV's and great AC, plus all the amenities you expect from a 4-5 star room.

Service: The best part of the resort is all the great service, from front desk staff, waiters. If you wanted anything, or fix an issue, they send someone to attend to you in 5 mins or less. For example, we had an issue with our door not locking properly and within 5 mins, they sent a maintenance guy and this was after 10pm. They promptly gave us another room (next to ours) and even offered to have the staff help us move. The waiters at restaurant and servers at the pool/beach were very attentive. Tip: bring bunch of dollar bills as couple of dollar of tip goes a long way. The way the staff busts their butts making drinks and serving guests made me appreciate the hard word they do and just giving them $2 tip is a real good token of appreciation for their efforts.

Food and Drinks: This is what the resort is known for, wide selection of food, from the classic buffet style to more "upscale" restaurants. They had 6 different restaurants (Japanese/Hibachi, French, Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Spanish/Mexican) in addition to the buffet place. They also have poolside café (Coco Loco) where they make good shrimp tacos and octopus tostadas. The drinks were plenty, from typical margarita, pina colads to Crown Royal and my favorite, mojitos.

To set expectations, the restaurants had all the ambience and service of nice upscale restaurant, the food is what you might expect from cruise dining; not to say this is necessarily bad but don't expect same type of taste as a Michelin star rated restaurant that costs over $100 a meal. The Hibachi/Teppanyaki experience was even better than the restaurants we had in Texas.

Pool and Beach: Four pools, the main pool is HUGE and is around 4ft throughout and where most of the guests spend their time. Adult only pool and kids/toddler pool near. There's also a pool right next to the beach. Plenty of chairs and towels, with huts and umbrellas for shade. During our stay, we didn't have any issues on getting chairs.

Location: 5mins from heart of San Jose Del Cabo. Less than a mile from MegaMall, which is more like Walmart, came in handy when I had to buy some meds for our son. The MegaMall also has McDonalds, Starbucks and other stores in the strip, just like our strip malls in US.
There's also Walmart, Costco, Office all within 10mins of driving from car.

Activities: Ziva does offer sports bar (great place to watch World Cup) and game room (pool, air hockey, foosball and Wii). There's nightly shows at Theater, similar to cruise shows. The theater also had giant screens where we watch World Cup games. There's activies like yoga at the beach, water aerobics which is very fun.

There's place to rent bikes from Specialized branded bike store. 10mins from Dolphin Discovery, great place to ride dolphins and other stores, café and massage spas on the "hotel strip". Most of the places are within walking distance from resort (mile or less).

For less than $300 a night, it's great value and we had terrific time in Cabo.

Room Tip: As stated, carry plenty of small bills for tips. Even though it's all inclusive, $2 tip goes lon...
5 Thank SpoiledVacationers
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the Hyatt Ziva Associates we want to thank you for your kind comments and the time you took to write them.

We enjoy reading about the things that you enjoyed the most, we are located in a very strategic place, nearby the airport and San Jose Town where you can find a wide variety of activities for all ages, it is pleasant to learn that you and your family had an enjoyable time with us, all the facilities and services that we offer to our guests were created to exceed their expectations and make them feel more than welcome.

We cannot wait to hot you again in the near future.

Hyatt Ziva Los cabos
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Wow, what a great vacation resort. My wife and visited for 5 days the first week of June. First impressions were fantastic. The staff was great, especially Kevin & Marco at guest services. With the many choices in restaurants, nightly shows, martini bar and pool options we left the resort only to play golf. Hyatt has done great job of delivering all-inclusive with deluxe hospitality. At night there are so many areas to relax and watch the stars. Will be back next year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest,

The main goal of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is to exceed all our guests’ expectations, many thanks for taking a moment to share your comments.

The Hyatt concept of the all inclusive consist in offer to all our guest unique experiences with the highest quality in our products and services like a wide variety of specialty restaurants, premium bar liquors, in room dining included 24hrs , luxury and comfortable facilities and the warmest service.

We are delighted to learn that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed all our facilities and service. We cannot wait to host you again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Went for an extended weekend. The service was great and the food was excellent. the room was beautiful. I wish they provided transportation to and from the airport. Room service was a great option, though the english wasn't so great understanding our order, we did call before the cut off and couldn't get the full menu so and I wish the after hours menu had more options. Free wifi that worked well. I would return. The sushi restaurant is a must see, but really not disappointed with any restuarants. Enjoyed my time at the spa and they give you all day access to other amenties in the spa if you enjoy a service, which is great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to host you, we are delighted with your kind comments.

The Lotus restaurant definitely is one of the most preferred for all our guests, the exquisite plates delight all tastes in our three different sections, the Teppanyaki where our chefs offers every night an impressive spectacle, the Tatami where you can have a new experience or in our Regular restaurant our staff will make sure all our guests have the best service.

It is pleasant to learn that you had a wonderful time at the Spa and that you enjoyed all our facilities, we hope to have another opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Spearfish, SD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Service low review. Absolutely the WORST internet service ever! Come in Hyatt. A beautiful, clean, awesome resort with the best food ever ....and the sketchiest internet ever. Get with it Hyatt and have a truly 5 star resort!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to write about your recent visit, it was our pleasure to host you.
Your perceptions with regards to our services help us to keep improving, as we want to provide the best experiences we will be changing our Internet supplier in the next couple of months.

We are happy to learn that you had a wonderful time and that you enjoy the quality of our restaurants and facilities, we are looking forward to host you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Cabo Azul Resort
Cabo Azul Resort
#6 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,591 reviews
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#5 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,682 reviews
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#4 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,890 reviews
Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#10 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,887 reviews

Been to Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos? Share your experiences!