“Great family resort”

Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Our check-in process was fast. Our room was not ready but it was no big deal because they immediately put the bracelets on and we could begin to enjoy all the facilities. The front desk employees were great. They gave my son a beach ball which got him excited about the pool. The pools are great some shade during the day but after 4 pm 75% of the pool has shade and a lot more enjoyable. However if you are a beach person don't chose this hotel. You cannot go on the beach. There are huge signs saying that the water is too dangerous. A small issue when you consider that you are paying for a beach front hotel.

Every restaurant we tried was great. The staff is very friendly and attentive. At breakfast my husband enjoyed their green smoothies. There is definitely something to eat for everyone, especially kids. We tried the four specialty restaurants. We definitely enjoyed every experienced but thought the best were the French and Italian. My least favorite was the Spanish.

Room service was great. They brought us cartons of milk for my daughter. They also stocked our mini refrigerator everyday with bottled water. As a matter if fact all the water is bottled which is great when you have children.

The Wifi was not an issue for us. We got to use the internet in our room, lobby and the restaurants. My son was really happy about this too.

Transportation was the only big issue for us. We contacted the hotel and they charged us $29.00 per person. We later asked about getting a taxi to the airport and were told it would cost $25.00 for up to four people and $8 every additional person. Don't use hotel transportation unless you don't mind paying more.

Going downtown was fun. The Centro and Mercado are only 10-15 minutes away. You get the bus right outside of the hotel. $1.00 per person and children are free. Just ask them to drop you off at the church and you can do a little shopping and eating. There is also a grocery store about 5 minutes(walking) from the hotel. They have everything (clothes, cooked food, pharmacy, groceries, everything!!!).

In summary, I just got back yesterday and I'm already talking to my family about going back to Ziva. Highly recommend this hotel, especially if you have children. My son loved the kids pool.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Evoleht
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted with your kind words and we appreciate the time you took to share them.

Many thanks for you kind words, we have the fortune to be located very close to San Jose town which is a peaceful and beautiful place, enjoying the art walk were you can find spectacular examples of art, wine and the Mexican Colonial style, is something unique that all our visitors should experience.

Your comments helps us to keep improving to offer all our guest the best experienced, we are glad to know that we fulfill your expectations.

We cannot wait to host you in the near future.

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Write a ReviewReviews (4,763)

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I want to start with the negative because even though it was nothing major, it did set the tone of my vacation. I feel that the hotel being a Hyatt should address constructive criticism as soon as possible to save their respected name. We arrived and I was pleased with the hotel and it is just lovely. However, my check in was awful. I arrived with a large party who joined us on this vacation to celebrate my daughters quince and they all got their rooms as soon as they checked in, but we had to wait over an hour. It was super hot and we were told it would be 20 minutes. We were given refreshments while we waited which was much needed since it was super hot. After 30 minutes my husband went back and told it would be another 20 minutes. We waited and they he went back again and another friend arrived who was on a plane who left after ours did and they got checked in without any trouble. However, WE continued to wait well over an hour and this is totally unacceptable. We finally asked to speak to the manager and he went and got us our key. There was no apology he did not do anything to make us feel better. For example, here is a upgraded room or here is a bottle of wine. Anything would have been a nice gesture.

The second issue is with the air-conditioning system. All my guest had the same issue so it was not just one room. The room was set and guest can't move the temperature to a comfortable temperature. You had to just deal with the set temperature. We thought it was broken so we called and had them come fix it but this never changed the issue. The room would get too hot and uncomfortable. This is something I never dealt with before at a Hyatt.

Now the positive. This hotel is just lovely. Its a very beautiful hotel with a fabulous location and view. My room was nice and I had a beautiful ocean view room. Waking up to this view every morning was amazing. The staff are very nice and friendly. Our cleaning lady did a fabulous job everyday. The food was good at the buffet and they had a good selection. The Japanese restaurant was fabulous. The Martini bar was great and I fell in LOVE with the tamarindo Martinis. The photographer at the photo gallery was great and her pictures were beautiful. The tacos at the Coco Loco were great. The pool was wonderful and we spent most of our days lounging by the pool. We all had a great time at the Hyatt Ziva and it is a great family friendly all inclusive. I would have given it an excellent if it wasn't for the horrible check in and hot room, but other than that it was a fantastic place.

Room Tip: OCEAN VIEW ROOM IS A MUST!!!!!! Tamarindo Martinis at the Martini bar are divine.
1  Thank Aracelisalgado1

Dear Guest,

We truly value your comments and the time you took to share them.

Thank you for allow us the opportunity to play a part in your daughters celebration, we are very sorry for the incidents that you experienced during the registration and with the air conditioner in the suite, definitely we want to avoid similar situations in the future and we will take the proper actions.

It is pleasant to learn that you had a wonderful time and that you enjoyed all our restaurants, pools and the variety of activities that we offer every day.

We are looking forward to host you in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We visited before when the property was owned by Barcelo and had a great vacation. So the boys chose to come back again this year. I was looking forward to the martini bar and French restaurant; The boys wanted to live in the pool and kids club. Only 1 of those wishes was fulfilled.

The pool had plenty of loungers and staff were wonderful w/moving the shades and taking drink orders. Their service was impeccable and should be commended. On the downside, the martini bar couldn't live up to the previous trip. My fav drink, lemon drop martini was "syrupy" or bitter each time I tried, so I gave up. HUGE disappointment! The waiter at the Italian restaurant more than exceeded our previous experiences with his service and HUGE smile. He was so good that we came back the night before we left and asked for him!

We waited 1.5hrs for our food at the French restaurant and ended up being late for the night show. The food was OK compared to previous trip, and the bread (which was awesome before) was just OK this trip.

BIG upside was the 2BR/2.5BA suite we had. OMG...THIS WAS HUGE and just what we needed w/2 boys. Room service was free which the boys took full advantage of, and the food was always very good, even at 2am.

My biggest issue w/this vacation was the expectation of tips by the staff (primarily cooks). Of course, we always make a point to tip on every vacation, but seeing dollar bills next to the omelet grill at breakfast was a bit too overt.

WiFi was fast in the suite, and the Premium club is worth the extra money. The ocean is not swimable, but the waves crashing as you're having lunch beachside is relaxing.

All in all, I would give the resort 4/5.

Dear Guest,

The main goal of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is to fulfill all our guests’ requirements and create them memorable moments.

Many thanks for your preference, we are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful second time with us, your comments and feedback help us to continue improving to offer the best quality in all services, your kind words are our best motivation.

We hope to have another opportunity to host you with the level of service that you expect from Hyatt Ziva los Cabos.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My family and I stayed here five days with our friends and we loved it! From the moment we arrived, the staff throughout the hotel was so friendly and attentive. Even our shuttle service we ordered through the hotel was great! The hotel staff brought each of us a yummy drink while we checked in and made us feel spoiled throughout our trip. Daniel, one of our restaurant waiters and Javier, at the pool, were especially friendly. We stayed in the family suite with the poolside and beach view, which was beautiful. My sons, ages 11 and 13, had so much fun swimming in both pools and trying new foods. This was our first time staying at an all-inclusive resort so I didn't know what to expect. Every place we visited included an assortment of food choices. I especially loved the poolside shrimp tacos! The buffet had the most delicious food every day with so many choices at each meal. There was something for everyone in the family! We saw two shows, did a water aerobics class, and so much more! Hyatt Ziva is a very family-friendly hotel which all of us loved. I can't say enough about this hotel and our experience there. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to return someday!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to host you and your family, thank you for sharing your comments.

Our commitment is to offer all our guest the best experiences, our Resort was created thinking in offering unique and memorable experiences and all our associates strive every day to pamper them, many thanks for mentioning part of our staff. We are happy to know that your vacations were as you expected.

We will be waiting for you with open arms.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed at the resort for a wedding and had an amazing time. There are lots of fun activities to do while at the resort so you don't even need to leave! Our water aerobics instructor/yoga instructor Canela Garcia did a great job and made every activity fun and engaging. On top of that there is beach volleyball, a strongman competition and many others that I'm sure I am forgetting. Overall I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a very nice place to stay and a way to keep things interesting while you are there!

Room Tip: Swim up rooms are not necessary since they only go out to their own pool and it is not connected to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We would like to express our appreciation for your comments and your preference.

We are delighted to know that you had a great experience during your last visit, Los Cabos is wonderful place with beautiful sceneries and a wide variety of activities to enjoy with your family. In Hyatt Ziva we love to offer all our guest memorable experiences with the best service, many thanks for your comments, they help us to be better every day.

We hope you give us the opportunity to host you in the near future.

Dear Fellow Vacationers,
Several weeks after our vacation at Hyatt Ziva, Cabo San José, we are still relishing in the glow of all that the staff did to make our stay so memorable. It was all made possible because of the incredible staff at Ziva. This includes: the chief of operations of the outdoor pool areas, Hugo Villanueva; bar tenders like Daniel Gutierrez and the father-son dynamic duo, the two Rubens (at the adult pool); the aerobic and dance instructors like Bryan Adrián and “Super” Soul; all those chefs and servers working in the many amazing restaurants like Jesus Para and Wilberth Evaristo; all those trained dancers and entertainers at night like Canella; and, last but not least, the charming, attentive, and extraordinary Carla Villedaz at the Kids Club.
I’m being superlative in this review because, well, our stay at Hyatt Ziva was superlative: from the entertainment to the accommodations—and most significantly because of the incredible top-shelf service—a service always with a smile.

Dear Guest,

We do really appreciate your comments, you are completely right we were blessed with the beautiful scenery of the sea of Cortez. I am glad to know that you had an excellent time with us and enjoyed our facilities.

Thank you for taking the time to enlist part of our staff that are doing a great job and they will receive a mention in our monthly staff meeting.

We are looking forward to have you again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We arrived on the 4th of July and departed on July 10th. We had the best experience of an all inclusive resort ever! Jonathan at the front desk was prompt and very courteous. We requested rooms with a view for our daughters and ourselves and he quick made a few changes and we had the best view! We asked for an adult drink while checking in and he quickly called the lobby bar and they delivered our drinks!

Our rooms were magnificent and so comfortable! We all had wifi in our rooms and at the pools! Not sure how folks never had wifi..it had to be their provider because we all had service! At times we had to turn down the air condition because it was soooo cold in our room! The service of the hotel was fantastic...they were so kind and friendly, I think the service likes to be treated by the "Golden Rule" and we were treated with the upmost respect and service!
My teenage daughters had a spa day and they loved it And enjoyed the service. Later they hung out at the adult pool and they bar/food service was very attentive! The food from the coco loco was great,the shrimp tacos were to die for!
The speciality restaurants were fabulous...not sure which was our favorite- try them all!! The shows in the evening were very good... They are very talented singers and dancers. We got to watch the World Cup matches in the theatre and they had food and drinks! Such a great atmosphere.
We will return to this resort without a doubt..it was a fantastic week for our family! Don't let the negative comments detour you going to this place it was awesome!

Room Tip: We loved building 3!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa G
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Your kind comments are our best motivation, many thanks for taking a moment to share your wonderful experience.

We are pleased to know that we have created a memorable experience and that you and your family felt like home, your complete satisfaction is our main goal and is the reason of the atmospheres and friendly service that we provide every day to all our guests.

Jonathan will receive the recognition for his contribution to make your stay more than perfect, we cannot wait to host you again.