Our check-in process was fast. Our room was not ready but it was no big deal because they immediately put the bracelets on and we could begin to enjoy all the facilities. The front desk employees were great. They gave my son a beach ball which got him excited about the pool. The pools are great some shade during the day but after 4 pm 75% of the pool has shade and a lot more enjoyable. However if you are a beach person don't chose this hotel. You cannot go on the beach. There are huge signs saying that the water is too dangerous. A small issue when you consider that you are paying for a beach front hotel.
Every restaurant we tried was great. The staff is very friendly and attentive. At breakfast my husband enjoyed their green smoothies. There is definitely something to eat for everyone, especially kids. We tried the four specialty restaurants. We definitely enjoyed every experienced but thought the best were the French and Italian. My least favorite was the Spanish.
Room service was great. They brought us cartons of milk for my daughter. They also stocked our mini refrigerator everyday with bottled water. As a matter if fact all the water is bottled which is great when you have children.
The Wifi was not an issue for us. We got to use the internet in our room, lobby and the restaurants. My son was really happy about this too.
Transportation was the only big issue for us. We contacted the hotel and they charged us $29.00 per person. We later asked about getting a taxi to the airport and were told it would cost $25.00 for up to four people and $8 every additional person. Don't use hotel transportation unless you don't mind paying more.
Going downtown was fun. The Centro and Mercado are only 10-15 minutes away. You get the bus right outside of the hotel. $1.00 per person and children are free. Just ask them to drop you off at the church and you can do a little shopping and eating. There is also a grocery store about 5 minutes(walking) from the hotel. They have everything (clothes, cooked food, pharmacy, groceries, everything!!!).
In summary, I just got back yesterday and I'm already talking to my family about going back to Ziva. Highly recommend this hotel, especially if you have children. My son loved the kids pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport. Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront. This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo