We just got back from our Son and new Daughter in Law's wedding at the Hyatt. The experience was overall a fantastic time and there was approximately 50 of us with ages from 14 to a 81 year old in a wheelchair.
The staff was great and accomadating from the front desk (Fernandina), the pool (too many to remember), wedding planning(Carmen) and restaraunts (Edgar in the buffet made my breakfast special every day). The food was overall fantastic, we ate at the Spanish (best meal there), Japanese, Italian and steak house,the buffets were good also.
The drinks selection was good and there was plenty of premium liquor brands to mix with or have straight, you just have to ask for it.
Our room was in BLD 2 3rd floor and had great views of the pools and ocean. The room was nice and always cold, the bed was comfortable and cleaned everyday.
Wedding; the location of the gazebo was perfect and looked beautiful. The reception was held by the adult pool and looked nice, the steak dinner during the reception was one of the best I have ate.
NOTE: While the area by reception by the adult pool was private, it is extremely hot with no access to a breeze. If you are having a wedding reception by the adult pool, push the staff to provide big fans or push them to have the reception next to the gazebo for the breeze.
TIPS for a great time:Treat the staff with respect and they will bend over backwards for you, treat them like indentured servants and you will be more disappointed. Bring $1 bills for the pool, it works great and well deserved, they get extremely busy.
Get ready to play the pool towel game for shaded chairs, be proactive and you will enjoy getting a break from the sun.
If going in summer, men bring pants for the indoor restaraunts, while it may a pain to put on, the air conditioned venues for French, Spanish, Japanese is well worth being inside, the meals are incredible and you will feel like your getting your moneys worth.
If you want to enjoy the firepits at night, go to the beach. The breeze is much better and was always vacant + Wifii works there.
If playing golf, look for packages online. Walk Up rates are $175 + and packages will allow you to buy down to $100. Puerto Los Cabos is a must play, the views are incredible and its all inclusive with food and drinks.
Sunset Cruise to lovers beach in San Lucas, Look up the boat Risolina, we have used it 3 times and the group was awed by the experience.
Was it perfect? No there were some opportunities such as wifii reception. (all reviews complain and its accurate)best place for getting on line was on the beach? The lobby was spotty,go to the front desk and they will have IT help you, could not ever get connected in our room.
Room Keys will not work sometime. Suggest that if you are a long way from the lobby, update it as you go through the lobby, the 2 minutes it takes is better than going all the way back to the lobby.
Lastly:The hotel has 0 tolerance for misbehaviour and will throw out guest (happened to one in our group and another from another group for getting into a fight)
I will definately consider this hotel again if we go back to Cabo, it was better than Secrets and the condo we stayed in before in Cabo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport. Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront. This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo