“Perfect family vacation spot!”

Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Perfect family vacation spot!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This location was perfect for couples, family and singles. I enjoyed every aspect of my trip. My family and ate good, great entertainment and the customer service was wonderful. I would recommend this hotel to everyone that's ready to relax and have fun.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a balcony room facing the beach
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we want to thank you for your comments and the time you took to write them.

Our priority is to be attentive to all our guests requirements, providing the best service always with a smile. We are proud to learn that your experience in our Resort was memorable and that you enjoyed our service and facilities.

We hope to see you soon.

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (899)
  • Turkish first
Orange County, California
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We spent a week dining and relaxing at the Hyatt Ziva using the all inclusive option. The property was well maintained and lived up to the pictures I saw online before arriving. The food was very good for an all inclusive. We enjoyed ourselves and plan to make a return long weekend getaway. Props to my man Rueben who waited on us in the French restaurant. He was the ultimate professional and gave us fantastic service.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with the Ocean View Jr. Suites
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay.

We enjoy providing a wide variety of plates, drinks, facilities and activities for all the family members, everyone will find an option to have a great time. Our staff is always attentive to fulfill your requirements with the best attitude and service, Ruben will receive a mention for his performance.

We are looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Booked here to celebrate 2 friends birthday. The resort was beautiful. Food at the buffet restaurants for breakfast and lunch were very good. The a la carte restaurants were excellent, especially the Italian. We spent 4 nights here and we did go off the property for city tours and explorations. If you want to just chill, this place is perfect. Night life is non existent, no place to hear good music and dance, that was a bit of a let down. It was close to downtown San Jose, which allowed me to go for a run through the town. It's far from Cabo San Lucas if you want the night life. However, we made the best of it and had a really good time. I'm would only stay here again if I want to be in bed by 10:00pm ok, 11:00pm. Great for folks with kids not for a younger crowd.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you had a great experience during your last visit.

Los Cabos is wonderful place with beautiful sceneries and a wide variety of activities to enjoy with your family. In Hyatt Ziva we love to offer all our guest memorable experiences with the best service, many thanks for your comments, they help us to be better every day.

We hope you give us the opportunity to host you in the near future.

Anaheim, California
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was the perfect honeymoon spot, but also I can see why many people bring their families. SUCH amazing food and hospitality. We had an amazing room with a great ocean view. For everything we received, the price was SO good! Everyone who worked at the resort were so friendly (we loved Super Saul!!!). All in all, we will be back again!!!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms!

Dear Guest,

There are no words to express our appreciation for such special review, many thanks for your preference.

Our beautiful and comfortable facilities create unique and romantic atmospheres adequate to celebrate special occasions like your honeymoon, we are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful experience, that you enjoyed the quality and variety of our facilities and the hospitality of our associates specially from Saul.

We are looking forward to host you in the near future.

cleveland, ohio
Reviewed 23 July 2014

So here's my honest review. First let me start off my saying I travel a lot and have been to many all- inclusive and non all- inclusive resorts all over.The best part of the trip was the food and the rooms. I would give the food and room quality 4-5 stars. The resort is very clean and descent landscaping. The pools are nice and big too. Here are the negatives: Wi-fi is pretty much non-existent! for a hyatt and this star property this is unacceptable! I know some people get away to relax but I was not traveling with my kids and I very much wanted to stay in contact with them through face time. I was NEVER able to talk to them by facetime as service was that bad. To make matters worse I was going to need to buy a calling card , which they do not sell anywhere on their property. I had to walk across the street and but one in Spanish! I did have front desk translate for me, which was nice but was then told it would be 6.00 every time I used the card to call out from my room! This was absurd! I already spent money on a calling card that shouldnt have had to spend because of their poor wifi and then they wanted to charge me more! I did complain and they took about half of the fees off. I was not the only person upset about the wi fi many people were complaining about it. I did read trip advisor before we left and people said it was slow. Slow I could deal with but sometimes it would not work at all and face time never worked once(not even in lobby where they say is better connection) I then found out about a day before we left that I could've paid a fee to have better wi fi( I think around 18.00 a day) But listen I've visited many other countries, many other resorts that are comparable and I never have had this bad of service(wi fi) AND it didnt cost extra. I wish I had known this before I went then we would've stayed another property. Enough about that. As far as pool service- Yes they come around and take drink/food orders but they are extremely slow! It's not their fault as it appears there are not enough workers. the restaurants you do need to arrive early or there's a wait. We always went around 6- 6:30 and never had to wait. My favorite was the French. The Italain was way understaffed and we had the slowest and poorest service there. Again not due to the workers fault, they were nice but there just wasn't enough of them. I would not return to the property again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sunflower418
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the time you took to share your comments.

We are very sorry to learn that you could not enjoyed your vacation as you were planned, your comments let us know what we are doing correct and what we need to improve in order to fulfill all our guest requirements, I am very thankful to bring this matter to my attention and the proper actions will be taken to improve our service.

Your perceptions with regards to our service help us to achieve our goals. We hope you allow us another opportunity to assist you in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Last minute decision and was able to book here. The hotel is incredible- the staff are very friendly and everything is 1st class. Restaurants range from excellent to ok- buffets for breakfast and lunch were more than I had expected and the a la carte restaurants were very ggod- the seafood one was closed while I was there and the steak was the poorest of the ones available.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Hanif M
Dear Guest,

It is pleasant to learn that you had a wonderful time with us, many thanks for comments.

We strive every day to offer the best quality and service to all our guests, since we want to create them memorable experiences. We are delighted with your kind words and your feedback helps us to continue improving to achieve our goals.

We hope to have another opportunity to host you in the near future.

Ukiah, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We just stayed at this beautiful resort for 5 nights and we were extremely happy with it. The food was delicious, especially at the French Restaurant, Bon Vivant. The grounds were amazing and the service with outstanding throughout the resort. Although somewhat cheesy, the nightly entertainment was fun to watch and the performers were very talented.

The only complaint I have is that I wish it had been made clear to us that men need to wear long pants and closed toed shoes at 3 of the dinner restaurants (The Lotus, Capri, & Bon Vivant). We had to go buy a pair of men's pants during our vacation, which is not what we wanted to spend out time doing.

One thing that drives me crazy during my vacation is when it seems like the majority of the chairs are "reserved" by a random hat or bag or towel every morning, but the owners of these items are no where to be found for hours. My husband & I finally got smart this trip and packed our own "spring floats" we bought at Walmart. This gave us the best seats on the resort every time we went to the pool, the ones in the water that move to sun or shade depending on where you steer them! I swear by these "spring floats", they fold up so they don't take up too much room in your luggage, plus it only took us about 10 seconds to blow them up. No pump necessary!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3331 Building C (or 3). The A/C worked great and we had a great view of the ocean...

1 Thank Heidi W
Dear Guest,

First of all we want to thank you for your kind comments and the time you took to share them.
Our Executive Chef and his Team works every day innovating plates for all tastes, our French Restaurant is one of our guest’s favorites and we love to create them memorable moments at dinner. It is pleasant to learn that you enjoyed the quality of our shows and the professionalism of our dancers and singers.

We appreciates your recommendations and feedback, we are looking forward to host you in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
ME Cabo
#14 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos? Share your experiences!