We traveled to the Hyatt Ziva for a long July 4th weekend with extended family and our experience was wonderful from the second we stepped off the airport shuttle. The entire staff was friendly and attentive, the grounds were clean, the food was varied, delicious, and abundant - something for everyone at so many different venues - buffets, restaurants, snack bars. They do have a dress code for the restaurants so be aware of that. It's fairly loose, but you'll want to know what to bring. We loved Capri, the Italian restaurant and Lotus, the Japanese restaurant and everyone was happy with the buffet. The all-inclusive stay makes everything so easy when you are dealing with different age groups and palates. Our generous sized room was decorated in a comfortable contemporary style with a beautiful, large bathroom and an ocean view. Our traveling companions had a two bedroom premier suite that was like a small apartment - perfect for a family with young or old kids. There are several pools that were kept very clean, plenty of chaise lounges, towels, comfortable fire pit areas for cooler nights, bars, shops, a well appointed gym, activities, etc.
The only negatives:
1) We love swimming in the ocean but couldn't because the current is too strong - dangerously strong. That said, the beach is beautiful.
2) The internet was slow and inconsistent, and every time we left our devices for longer than five minutes we would have to log back into the hotel's wi-fi. Sometimes we could reconnect right away, sometimes it was painfully slow, and sometimes it wouldn't work at all. This is great if you really want to disconnect.
3) There is no business center if you aren't staying in a premier room.
The only reason I gave it 4 stars was because when we go to the beach we like to swim and snorkel but the dangerous surf made that impossible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport. Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront. This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TravelUp, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo