We had the best family vacation at the Hyatt Ziva! The hotel was very clean and our room was spacious with a nice sized balcony that overlooked the pool with an ocean view. Everybody who worked there was professional and also seemed genuinely warm and and eager to make us feel welcome. We thought that the food in the buffet was good with fresh fruit at every meal, and always a choice of some type of authentic Mexican food like chilaquiles and beans at every breakfast, chicken mole enchiladas, sopes, papas con chorizo, cochinita pibil, rajas con crema to name just a few. The homemade pastries (conchas! yum!) were delicious and since I woke up early each morning, I took one and a cup of coffee to the beach to enjoy while the rest of the family slept. The pool was huge, clean, and a good temperature. Service around the pool was really good, especially Ivan. We enjoyed having a drink at the Martini bar before dinner, and our ten year old daughter loved watching the shows every night after dinner. We stayed for 9 days and could have stayed another week.
Definitely take the city bus into San Jose and explore. See the zocalo and the church. Don't miss the french bakery on one of the side streets. It has amazing gelato and sorbet (I had tequila orange) that is refreshing on a hot day.
We also went down to Cabo San Lucas for one day. It's fun to take a glass bottom boat out to the arch and next time we go we will bring our snorkeling gear and ask to get dropped off at one of the areas to swim and picnic.
We had professional photos taken at Hyatt Ziva and Stephanie is very talented and we were happy with the job she did. She was also very nice to work with.
All in all, I highly recommend the Hyatt Ziva for a family vacation. We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport. Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront. This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo