Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
Posada Real Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$134
Bookit.com
Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$219
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$252
  • Breakfast included
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$605
US$590
US$406
US$259
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$362
US$329
  • Pool
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$228
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$253
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort(San Jose del Cabo)
US$1,015
US$935
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$235
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
4,959 results
All reviewscoco locofrench restaurantadult poolmartini barcoffee housebon vivantla plazasports bartacosall inclusive resortclub levelmain poolswim up roomlos cabosbeautiful resortkids cluba la carte restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The check in took 3 hours. We arrived at the hotel at 2:30 and the check in was at 3pm. They made me stand in line 3 times. After the third time I was very upset so they issued me the room keys. I went up to the room and they were still cleaning the room. I had to wait in the lobby over 2 hours with kids. They pretty much ruined that they for me. On the second day, they ran out of mint for rest of our vacation. On the third day, the pool bar run out of ice and lemons. On the fourth day the pool bar ran out of ice again. Me and some of the other guests requested to talk to the manager to get an explanation. A manager name of Hugo came and he was very apologetic. He promised us that they will get more ice in the next 15 minutes. During that whole time he waited with us and served us some premium drinks to keep us satisfied. In about 20 minutes the bar tenders got ice. By the way, they only have 1 bar tender for the entire pool bar. The service is very very slow.
I spoke with one of their head managers a woman named Claudia. She was very fake with her smile and promeses. I was very disappointed to deal with Claudia. I don't know who hired her to run that hotel. She didn't even bother to call after she promised number of times that she will. I think this hotel is over rated.

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank Arman04
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We truly value your comments and the time you took to write them.

Our main goal is to create memorable moments to all our guests, we are very sorry to learn that you experienced some inconveniences during your stay with us. We are aware of all the details that you pointed out and the proper actions will be taken, we want to provide the most comfortable facilities and the best quality. Our Management in every department is very professional and our passion is to serve.

We hope to have another opportunity to host you.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I consider myself a discerning traveler when it comes to things like food, service & cleanliness. Our stay at the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos for 8 days was enjoyable. There were a few things that stood out (good & bad) that I would like to share:

1) Originally we were offered a room on the ground floor of building 2 facing the kids pool, and when I hesitated (I do not have children), they upgraded us to a lovely suite with a balcony.

2) Room service was decent, but sometimes a little slow (I imagine they are quite busy).

3) Wi-fi is terrible. I personally could care less, as it is nice to disconnect and enjoy, I think the hotel is missing out here. Most people like to upload pictures to make people back home jealous (fact.) Social media marketing is free and Hyatt should take advantage. Also, I was surprised that a Hyatt branded hotel wouldn't have better access.

4) This is a FAMILY RESORT - take it as it is. There is an adults pool which is quite nice, but lacking a swim up bar, which is a shame. The only swim up bar is in the main pool and a magnet for children. Not exactly my scene. Kids & bars are an odd combo.

5) Food was better than average for an all-inclusive. We enjoyed Lotus (Japanese) and Bon Vivant (French) the most. You will have to wait for a table even though most restaurants are barely half full. It would be nice to have a rotating adults only restaurant option each evening. Some children are better behaved than others, not the hotel's fault.

6) The bars/drinks are good. Only gripe - they served me a martini I asked for in a plastic beverage style glass more than once...not so great. I was told they ran out of martini glasses. Included wine selection is below average.

7) The grounds were clean - the pools, not so much. The main pools are below what I would consider clean. The adult pool needed a decent cleaning too. The beach was lovely, however difficult to get drink service, and there is NO ocean swimming.

8) Service - this is Mexico, which I consider to have some of the best service in the world, and I have traveled extensively through the country. Everyone was spectacular & friendly -EVERYONE.

9) Towels. This is a gripe of mine. Towels are everywhere. All over the pool before 8am (even though its posted "you cannot save lounge chairs.") One person, one towel, hotel should enforce posted rules. Adult pool doesn't have this issue - thank goodness!

All in all, go to this resort. It is not a "luxury" property. It is solid large resort. I imagine it's perfect for families. If you are looking for a child-free romantic experience, this is not the place for you. Also, venture out of the resort at least for a day! You will be glad you did.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Breezy904

Dear Guest,

First of all we want to thank you for your comments and the time you took to share them.

Your perceptions with regards to our service help us to continue improving, as a Family resort we want to provide the best atmosphere and activities for all the members and your feedback let us know what we are doing well and our opportunity areas.

I appreciate your kind words to describe the friendliness and helpful service from our staff, they are very thankful and we hope to have opportunity to host you in the near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

A great choice for our first time in Mexico. As soon as you enter the open lobby you get a wonderful view of the sea, this resort is really beautifully built. It is centered on the swimming pools which are always crowded, people “save” their seats by waking up as early as 5am! Food was good quality, and we were offered a selection of cuisines. We were surprised by the sushi restaurant, given the sushi chefs were Mexican. The meat is not the best, but the seafood was delicious. The staff were very friendly and provided quality customer service, they seemed happy to serve us. Special thanks to Jorge and Tony boy for making our experience memorable. The rooms are clean but not spectacular, and the reception desk is not very timely in responding to our phone requests. One issue that especially miffed me was the terrible wifi – there is no reception at all in the rooms, and the wifi in the lobby is mediocre at best. But all in all my family thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Ziva.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We do really appreciate your comments, you are completely right we were blessed with the beautiful scenery of the sea of Cortez. I am glad to know that you had an excellent time with us and enjoyed our facilities.

Thank you for taking the time to enlist part of our staff that are doing a great job and they will receive a mention in our monthly staff meeting.

We are looking forward to have you again.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We just returned from an excellent vacation at the Hyatt Ziva. The hotel was very nice. It was clean and well-maintained. The food was very good, especially the a la carte restaurants. It was a bit noisy some nights as there were some large groups there and our room was close to the sports bar. The best part for us was the service. All of the employees were so helpful and very friendly, however one of them really stood out from the rest. His name is Eduardo A. Gonzales in the International buffet and he provided us with such superior service that I had to mention it here. He greeted us with a smile every day and gave us such wonderful service. He always made sure that all of the guests were taken care of. I would definitely recommend the Hyatt Ziva as a place for a relaxing vacation. We look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MIch334
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Creating memorable time for all our guest is our main goal, we appreciate the time you took to describe how pleasant was your stay with us.

We will make sure Eduardo receive recognition for his excellent service and performance, he is one of the most mentioned in our guest comments. Thank you for your kind words.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Nice and relaxing resort. Pool area was fun. Adult pool was slow and relaxing with a nice little bar area. Restaurants were all better than we thought they would be. French restaurant was our favorite. Buffets were solid. Service everywhere was great. They work extremely hard and if you don't have to tip but if you don't you're just a cheap jerk. Tony boy was fun and ran a lot of activities. Karen was our waitress by the pool a couple days and was really nice and provided perfect service. Jorge was a great waiter at the Lobby Bar. Abraham was our waiter at the French Restaurant and was excellent. Every worker did everything they could to accommodate you and get you what you wanted.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

We truly value your comments and your preference, thank you for the time you took to write your comments.

We work hard every day to provide the best service, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Restaurants, our Food and Beverage staff is always attentive to fulfill our guests requirements.

Thank you for mentioning part of our staff, they will receive recognition for their contribution to make your stay memorable.