“Well maintained, well priced option in Cabo San Lucas”

Hyatt Place Los Cabos
Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We chose the Hyatt Place, San Jose del Cabo because it was well priced and well recommended on several travel sites. This was going to be a working 5 day trip to Cabo to plan my daughter's November destination wedding.

The Hyatt Place is easily accessible from the main road and across the street from the beach with a slice of a beach view. Great location for in and out errands. Garage under the hotel is guarded and safe.

The rooms, the staff, the level of service and the complimentary breakfast were unexpected at this price point. We were very pleased with every aspect of this hotel.

A few glitches, I got trapped in the elevator for 10 minutes on my return from the pool. After ringing the alarm, I was promptly rescued.

In addition, when we asked what the phone charges from the hotel would be we were told 50 ps., not 50ps. per minute, so we were suprised at the $222 phone bill when checking out. If you need to do business as a guest, purchase a cheap Mexican mobile phone to conduct business. I suppose I should have extended my cell phone calling range before leaving the US.

Rooms are large and comfortable, beds and linens are exceptionally comfortable. This is a popular hotel so housekeeping didn't always get the room cleaned before 5pm. We were gone all day so this was not a problem.

Did I mention excellent Wi Fi? We often drove back to the front of the hotel to use our cell phones.

We intend to recommend this hotel on the wedding site, as a price friendly option for guests for the wedding in spite of the fact that it is NOT on the beach but certainly a good choice for a stay in San Jose del Cabo.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank sntafegal

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Los Cabos July 18-23rd and had a great stay. The hotel is only ten minutes from SJD airport.I arrived in the afternoon and was greeted by a nice gentleman at the front desk who checked me in quickly. I was in room 203 which faced the pool and had a slight view of the main highway. The hotel is new so everything was very nice and clean. The room had a king bed, sofa, desk, flat screen tv, fridge, wardrobe with safe and nice size bathroom. Breakfast is included and there is a nice variety of fruit, pancakes or French toast, sausage or bacon, made to order omelets, cereal, almost everything. Parking is free although I did not have a car.

I picked this hotel because I didn't want to stay at a resort and be trapped inside. This was a good balance. The hotel is not in downtown San Jose however a bus (no a.c.) will take you for 10 pesos, taxi for $7 or its a short drive in a car. You can catch a bus to Cabo San Lucas across the street from McDonalds near Megamart and it takes about 20-30 minutes. The cost is about 32 pesos. I recommend the purple and orange bus with a.c. Just tell the driver you're going to the marina.The Mega mart is up the street for groceries ( I stocked up on soda and snacks). The hotel provides free bottled water. Most of the restaurants I went to were in downtown San Jose.

All of the staff were very helpful as I asked a lot of questions on how to get places and where to catch the bus. The only person who wasn't as helpful was Maria who does not speak English very well. Everyone else including the guy outside who hails taxis was very helpful. The hotel also has a pool and fitness center which is a plus. I thought for the reasonable price and amenities as well as great service the Hyatt Place is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MsNikkiT
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We spent 1 day and night at this hotel, as the ac in our all inclusive resort was getting repaired.
This is a new hotel, very modern, and classy! The rooms are really nice as well as the bathroom.
Large flat screen tv, fridge and really comfy beds. We ordered off the menu and had a great dinner at a reasonable price. Our room over looked the pool, the brick wall beside the pool and the highway.
The pool is small, nice outdoor furniture.
We prefer to be in a resort and on the beach, with food and drinks included, but this was a nice night.
Lisa, TO Canada

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed 19 July 2014

this hotel has the feeling of a small business hotel. nevertheless it also attracts many tourists mostly from north america. first of all it is comfortable, the employees are very friendly and helpful should there be any problem. i had the same issue as one other reviewer: the aircon did not work the first night because of the moving sensor. they sent me a technician who reprogrammed the device and i had a good sleep at pleasant temperatures. ask for angel, who is one of the managers and he will try to fix any problem immediately. also the other employees and the guards like santiago and others were always cheerful and friendly.

furthermore the hotel is quiet. they use soundproofing- double glazed windows, carpets and massive doors. you will hardly hear anything but the airconditioner.

no hotel is perfect:
one elevator did not work for more than one week. angel told me that they had to order the part from DF because no spare parts are available in cabo.
at my last night the alarm started to sound in my room. it is a deafening sound. they sent a guy immediately who opened the alarm device and tried to stop it with brutal force. he did not succeed. after 20 minutes of trying different strategies he went downstairs again and managed to turn it off from there.
breakfast was rich and good most of the times, the cook prepared fresh omelettes on request and there was a good choice of western and mexican foods. just the tropical fruits could be fresher and nicer presented. they cut it into cubes and sometimes those fruits were not ripe, other times they were old from the day before. but they also present whole apples and bananas. even the coffee was good.

the hyatt place has a fitness gym and a pool.

all in all it is a very good choice especially with a low rate which you can get for extended stays or corporate rates

Room Tip: the higher the better the view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank drfrd
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a hotel and not a resort so it is not all inclusive nor directly on the beach. The hotel is located across the street from all the resorts in SJD. It is a new hotel that is decorated tastefully, comfortable bed, 40" HDTV and a soda bed. Our room was on the fourth floor with the window facing the highway. The night traffic noise can be heard despite the double paned window. Breakfast buffet, wifi and parking was included in our rate. There is a 3rd night free deal as well. Across and down the street is access to the wide deserted beach. The hotel is excellent but the breakfast needs more choices, better preparation and improvement in taste. You can reach Cabo San Lucas from the hotel in 20 mins and it is 5 mins walk to the Megastore (Mall). I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel is perfect when transitioning to or from the airport for travel. It is 15 minutes from the SJD airport. The place is very clean and staff was helpful in setting us up with adjoining rooms. We slept great and and with free wifi and breakfast it is an exceptional value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mitch B
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I loved our two week holiday in the Hyatt Hotel, San Jose del Cabo. The rooms were modern and spacious and were cleaned perfectly every day. The complimentary breaky was great with omelets, sausage, cereal etc available. The staff all spoke English well and were super friendly. We would definitely recommend this place to all!

Stayed: July 2014