“50 year trip”

Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Escondido, California
“50 year trip”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

we went with anoyther couple. it was what we were looking for.. Rooms were clean. we had a room with a kitchen.. every night we had drinks and then went out to eat. Pool was clean but cold. staff was great. we are coming back this year

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bajamaned

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Studio room was fine for a weekend stay and had a fridge in the room. For a longer stay I would book a room with a kitchen. It is walking distance to the large Mega supermaket so easy to get food supplies to cook for yourselves for a longer stay. Staff are very friendly and the room was very clean and up to date. There is a small pool and nice lounging beds around it. A car helps to get around but you can manage by using the good local bus service that stops at the end of the road. On the Booking.com website when I booked my room it said the internet was free. When I arrived at the hotel they tried to charge me a daily fee. This was only removed when I had them contact Booking.com.

Room Tip: Book one with a kitchen for a longer stay
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank n0madartist
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

If you want five stars this is not the place for you. They don't have a spa, ice machine or a warm jacuzzi. This is perfect to sleep in, cook a ligjt breakfast and go out all day and sight see Cabo. I stayed with two friends and we all slept comfortable. Two queen size beds and a pull out sofa bed. The room was of good size and the kitchen was fully equipped. The bathroom was OK, small sink but ample shower. Room service has a 5% surcharge, and the walls are thin because I could hear my neighbors TV and their conversations. Overall good value for the money. Wish the jacuzzi NWA's heated.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank jessido
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Park Royal was initially what my boyfriend and I were looking for in a condo style hotel in Los Cabos. Everything was fine and we were content with our second floor kitchenette room. We left to the local grocery store and returned with 2-3 days worth of food. As we were unpacking the car the front desk staff approached us and said we were given the wrong room and would have to change rooms in the morning. We asked if the new room had a kitchenette since we clearly requested this prior to our arrival. The front desk employee said no and that it was a smaller room. At the point it was getting late and we decided to contact our original booking source (Priceline & Booking.com) to cancel our reservation. My boyfriend and I spent over a month trying to contact someone...anyone at the Park Royal to confirm our reservation and no one ever answered the phone nor returned our calls. Both Priceline and booking.com were unsuccessful in contacting the hotel as well.

It seemed like a nice place to stay, but I wasn't impressed with the way we were treated.

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank ARRome

Travellers are raving about these San Jose del Cabo hotels

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This hotel resort is small and in need of refurbishment. But it is clean and adequate for a quiet break. There is a heated pool and a very unseated pool-probably very refreshing in July but not so in February! The restaurant is good value for money and they serve food and drinks by the pool too. The rooms are clean but basic. TV gets about 3 English channels-none of the ones with current programming. The small balcony in our room overlooked the golf course and was perfect for coffee and breakfast, however our bedroom overlooked the service area and work started well enforce 6 so it was early rising for us-not by choice. No beach access but within walkable distance past Mega. Apparently they have an agreement with a beachside resort but we couldn't find the resort despite walking the beach most days! Mega is nearby and has EVERYTHING you could need-if you want to self cater some meals. It took us about half n hour to walk into town, perhaps a bit longer as there are many shops to stop and look into! Overall I would go back but with lower expectations

Room Tip: Ask for one which does not back onto laundry and service area!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank rebecca s
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Despite of the good location and nice pool area,the place is missing something.
I agree about the staff efforts to make it work fine, they're all very kind and helpful in any possible way, but the rooms could be much much better, and you've the feeling that they're never spotless clean...
Wifi is not for free, and available in the lobby area only, and they ask you money and deposit for almost anything (safe, keys)...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank etn75
New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I stayed at this inferior resort with friends from Nov 3-10, 2012. The experience left much to be desired. In the first place our suite was given to someone else and we were offered one on the 3rd floor. Much to our horror there is no elevator. I have a heart condition and could not manage the stairs. I went to the front desk and said I wanted the original booked suite the next day. Went to look the next day, said yes and was informed we could not move until 4pm.I told the magarer we would move until then either. She was not impressed. Finally we did move day 2, suite was in improvement, and immaculately clean. The only oter good part of this property owners friendly. Pool ok. Location awful.
The last of my guests checked out on Nov 9th.
When I checked out on Nov 10th, I was told the other room key was not turned it. I know my friend turned it in. Then the unimaginable happened. The desk clerk said I would have to pay $150.00 to change the lock! When I refused, he said "OK GIVE ME $50.00 IN CASH AND WE'LL FORGET ABOUT IT" I felt compelled to pay. THEN, I was escorted back to the suite where cutlery and dishes were counted. I felt like a CRIMINAL.
THIS HOTEL HAS NO BUSINESS BEING ON ANY TIMESHARE COMPANIES EXCHANGE LISTS!
Go there at you own risk and for god's sake don't lose your room key!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends