“Nice and spotlessly clean”

Park Royal Los Cabos
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Parksville, Canada
“Nice and spotlessly clean”
Reviewed 13 October 2010

The property was small but in prestine condition. After reading a variety of reviews we were not expecting much. The staff was very helpful and the location although not waterfront (you cannotuse the waterfront in most of this area) was in the middle of a nice golf course, 3 blocks from a huge Mega Market and equal distance to Bus lines. Yes you coud in the odd spot see the ocean but not really a view. There isa very nice small cafe with an excellent staff. Swim up bar Beer $30 pesos.. The rooms were in excellent condition and nothing went missing. There are safety boxes at the front desk and they do rent out keys ior the safe in the room.

I was a bit shocked at the $75.. per week extra tax per head at the end . The overall property I would return to anyday. Remember Los Cabos is a 35 minute ride from the resort town Cabo san Lucas but is a much nicer and safer atrtist community, that is much closer to small town USA standards. This puts you a 50 peso taxi ride to Los Cabos town center.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
7 Thank wayne248

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
waterloo
Reviewed 10 April 2010

I should start by saying this was our "first" non all- inclusive. We travelled to San Jose del Cabo in June and loved it. Other trips have included Dominican, Florida and Cuba. We usually go to 4 or 5 star, and our demographic is a couple in our 40's.
To continue..... We decided to try a time share property. Park Royal totally met our expectations. The location is great. It is right across the street from the resorts on the beach. (well a street and then theres the resort). Also, right across from the Mega, the grocery store. The room was clean, quiet and overlooked the golf course. The pool was clean and right by the restaurant. We ordered amazing nachos by the pool twice for lunch. Really good.
It is a really layed back resort. If your looking for a party this is not the place. I would say for 40 and above. The resort is super clean and the service was awesome. Our maid was bettter than many of the resorts we have been to.
My only little complaint was the hotel manager, a lady ,who needs to take a course in customer relations. She really did not seem to have any interest in the guests. An example would be one day when I went to exchange money. The front staff tried to help and she yelled from her office they could not exchange money after telling me 1/2 hour prior that she could. Someone in the lobby stepped forward and exchanged for me. It all worked out. Lots of attitude from her that was a drag but since everyone else was awesome that was not problem.
We did one trip whale watching with Ocean riders. $75 per person. Really great.
Ate at Habeneros, salistas, gordos, ben thai and a few others I can't remember the names of. Seriously, I really was happy with this resort. It is a nice little place that is close to buses, groceries, and beach. The staff was very friendly and hard working. Yes, it is not extravagent but if this is the type of trip you are looking for ....I think you will be happy.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank sunfish8
DC
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Gabriel was great and helped us book our activities!! It was a quiet and relaxing place to stay close to the mega. Small hot tub but not so bad. Rooms were big and pretty clean! Loved the beds by the pool. Good value. The food at the restaurant "el patio" in the hotel was good- the tacos and guacamole was wonderful.

Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Detroit, Mi
Reviewed 16 March 2010

Staff was very professional and very helpful. Especially front desk Martin and Leonardo and concierge Gabrielle. Extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
peterven
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Sometimes you think that people reviewing hotels are a little picky, but this time they were right. We got to stay as a gift since it was a timeshare deal not going to be used. First of all, this hotel is in San Jose del Cabo (or Old Cabo) which is really quiet and sometimes overpriced. I found the cool place was Cabo San Lucas which was half an hour away.

Rooms: decent bed, old tv. Very simple. Closet had a not pleasant smell. No security box unless pay extra per day for that and the worst part is that you hear everywhere that guest get things stolen. We chose to leave the Do Not Disturb sign out for our entire stay (1 week) so no cleaning service went in. No internet. The bathroom was not ideal: it was one of those you don't want to take a shower barefoot. Even the toilette paper was the cheapest I've seen. The hot water ran out within 5 minutes of taking shower (so imagine if you are 2 people!)

Service: I had never been in a hotel where you could not trust the concierge. They were offering a "super special rate" to rent a car of $60 USD per day at Thrifty (a little mafia they had). If you went online, you could find $20 per day (but not very attentive staff, I recommend Budget much better). The concierge tried to convince me to not go and take the better deals which I found really dishonest. If you wanted internet, it was only available at the lobby which was very small. In order to connect you pay about $15 per day and they take your computer to the back to put their "secret" password which you can't see (a little rudimentary).

At check out they make you wait until someone goes to the room and check you did not steal anything, count the towels... . We were in a rush to catch our flight and ask for some help and they rudely replied that we had to wait in order because there were a lot of people in front of us (no willingness to help or at least give us some comfort). It took about 30 mins.

I DON'T recommend anyone to stay here. They want to make money on everything (concierge, internet, security box). I did not try the bar/restaurant. Fortunately we tried to have good time and drive away every day of our stay and only used it to sleep. We went to Cabo San Lucas and had great time. The only good thing is that is located walking distance from "La Mega" which was like a nice super market in the middle of a small shopping center with a decent food court.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank peterven

Travellers are raving about these San Jose del Cabo hotels

Boston
Reviewed 30 January 2010

Had money stolen from room. Not all of it, some was left, hoping we would not notice I suspect. The Management was little to no help, a women at the front desk (Manager?) asked if "maybe I had friends in the area who would have stolen the money". Odd question, maybe she chooses friends that steal from her. I dont.
To bad the Park Royal made no attempt to address or rectify the theft. This is the first negative review I have ever written on Trip Advisor and I have traveled most of the world. Congratulations Park Royal Los Cabos, for poor management and thieves on staff you win #1.
Advice; If you do go there keep your cash on you at all times.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank Boston61
Washington
Reviewed 3 January 2010

First of all, let me start by saying that this was a wonderful trip for my family and I. We were traveling with extended family and our babysitter which made it even nicer. We were there from Dec 19, 2009 throgh Dec 26, 2009. The hotel was fine for the price and the people seemed nice too, the only bad thing was they felt they could ram sack our room at their leisure. They did a good job of cleaning our rooms even when it was not requested to continue to look through our stuff. When we first notice some our our belongings were missing was on Wednesday Dec 23, 2009. At first I thought the kids might of misplaced the items, but when we made a thorough search of the room we did not find it causing alot of grief to myself and my kids. What was strange to my husband and I was that if the kids might of misplace it and left it by the pool how come not only the DSI was missing, but my ipod that was in my luggage, my daughter's mp3 and the charger for the DS Lite. The mistake these thief or thieves made was that they took the wrong charger, so now my son could not charge is DS Lite and my daughter could not play with her DSI, but she did have a charger. I reported the robbery to hotel security and management, but at no time did I get a call back from anybody regarding the issue. I just had given up hope regarding our things and I did not want to ruin my vacation further, so I left it alone (BAD MISTAKE)! A couple of days later we receive a letter from the management that the rooms would not be cleaned unless we requested it because of Christmas and that they would be short handed and we said that it was fine because we wanted some of the staff to spend their holiday with their loved ones as well. We left on Christmas morning to go snorkoling to Los Cabos and spent the day there, but upon our return we notice that all of the three rooms were cleaned! That strucked us as strange because we never requested to get our rooms cleaned. All of a sudden my brother calls me that my nephews PSP and charger was missing and my sister-in-law saw it on the couch with the charger right before we left! No wonder they cleaned our rooms huh? She also reported the missing PSP and filed the report with security, which at the time the security told her that in another room there were some cameras missing! Also, my babysiters room was check and left her wallet open and the back door was also open, which they checked before they left, now this was a conspiracy. We filed another report with security and management and yet again no results. At this point we are pretty upset because I have never had this happen before and we travel quite a bit. We checked out the next day and we felt as if we had a target on our back because everyone was looking at us kindda weird. We asked to speak to the manager and one of the receptionist Guillermina Dominguez was the one who took us into this room with a security guard to supposely listen to our dilemma, but that was the last thing she was doing. She was treating us rudely with her comments like we were lying and as if we were morons for not looking thoroughly in our bags. I gave her a piece of my mind at that point and we requested to speak to the main person in charge, but guess what he was not available...what a coincidence! I told this Guillermina Dominguez that we were going to report this incident to the authorities and that they were all a bunch of thieves and liers because I am sure there was a conspiracy going on. Gilluermina's response was that I needed to file a report at the time that we notice the items gone and we did, but they failed to tell us that we needed to file it with the police not just with security. I sure like their concierge because I thought they were there for us and to guide us not give us grief. She also had the audacity to tell me if we filed the report with the police I needed to bring her a copy and I told I was not going to waste my gas and I was not going to bring her back .......! At that time I requested the copies of our reports and they were a little reluctant at first, but they gave us the copies along with the supposely name of the main manager in charge who is Raymundo Gomez. At this point we left the resort and we seeked some advice with one of the local lawyer because just in my belongings it totalled a little over 600.00 dollars that is not including my nephews PSP. This lady that we spoke to called Raymundo on our behalf and all he kept saying that this has never happened before and that they would investigate the matter, but when I spoke to him he kept referring to the clause in the contract we signed when we first arrived to check in. That is all fine and dandy i their safe was bigger and if it actually worked! I also asked him why had he not contacted us earlier if he was aware and his response was that he did, but we were never there and that was a buch of crock to me! At the end he did not do anything for us, and as of now I still have not heard from them even when we left our information. I hope that this Guillermina, Raymundo and their staff read this and change some of their practices because reputation does matter and nobody wants to go on vacation and get robbed by the people that are there to support and help us. Remember tourism is what drives your economy and we will make sure that people take their business somewhere else. I am still waiting for you guys to contact me regarding my missing objects. Whoever reads this Los Cabos is a beautiful place with nice frienly people just make sure you are more selective in where you are going to stay just don't stay in Park Royal San Jose Del Cabo!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family