We went to this resort thinking it was an all-inclusive resort because all of the other Park Royal resorts are except of course this one! We got there and the staff spoke barely any English which made it impossible to ask them any questions (and asking them any questions usually ended with them saying they couldn't help you anyways).
The rooms were clean at least. However, you couldn't have housekeeping come because they steal from you and go through your bags. Eventually we broke down and needed them to come so we could get new towels and what do you know, the maid broke our doorknob off. Thinking this would be a simple fix, she left the door wide open and walked away.
By the time we arrived to our room, there was a bunch of security cops and workers there standing around not doing anything. They first attempted to put it back on and cracked our door and then put it on backwards. They finally got it on upside down and left sawdust everywhere.
There is no hot tub like the hotel claims it has. They call their hot tub "bubble water" which is freezing cold and the jets don't even work. Actually, all of their pools are extremely cold and not worth even attempting to go in.
Their prices are outrageous on food and drinks. We ended up meeting locals who told us about a place across the street called Baja Blue. It has really cheap food and alcohol prices and good deals during happy hour. Another awesome fact is their servers all speak really good English and are more than friendly and helpful. Same goes for the bar called Shooters. It is actually owned by Canadians who work there and they have the cheapest and best-tasting food around. Whether you go there for the $1 beers or tacos or a $4 burger it's always good and their staff is more than helpful as well.
Something else to keep in mind is taking advantage of Mega which is located across the street from the hotel. It has food and stores that are available so that you can save money and make your own meals.
Basically, the staff is very rude and doesn't want to help you. Instead of them answering a simple question, they would rather just say "no comprendhe" to everything.
They also have a lot of hidden fees that you need to be aware of. They do not tell you about these until they keep asking for your credit card for large amounts (always over $75) that you need to pay them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The two small towns of San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas merely accent the southern peninsula, a unique natural landscape that needs to be experienced once in a lifetime. Connected by a 33 kilometer corridor, San José del Cabo is charming, traditional and the more creative "pueblito" while Cabo San Lucas offers everything brash, bold and Hollywood. Park Royal guests get easy access to both worlds in enormous apartment style suites in a self-contained resort setting. Of course, the entire Los Cabos area is at your fingertips. Guests arrive for more than 12 world famous golf courses, more beaches than you'll know what to do with and boat tours, whale tours, desert tours and trips to a landscape (and a seascape) unlike anything else you've ever experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Park Royal Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Park Royal Los Cabos Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo